Chapter 79: The Past

Yukio was walking out of the Royal Woods Cafe and it was raining. He brought an umbrella just in case and he decided to head home. As he walked near an alleyway, he heard crying that was low and he immediately investigated. He took each step quietly not to alert the person. It was unusual to hear someone crying in the alleyway. When he got to the end, he saw a girl, who looks so young and she looks like between the twins age and Lisa's age. She had black hair, a cyan hoodie, black pants, and yellow shoes. She had a yellow book bag next to her.

"Hey," Yukio said. The girl jumped and turned to see Yukio. She grew scared and she immediately moved away from him.

"It's okay," Yukio said. She was shaking and Yukio can tell. He felt bad for her, so he put his hoodie on and placed the umbrella underneath her.

"There you go," Yukio said. "You're gonna be okay."

The girl could only look at Yukio and he decided to take out some leftovers from the cafe.

"I bet you're hungry," Yukio said as he showed her a muffin. "Here, go ahead and eat."

The girl slowly approaches Yukio's offering and took the muffin slowly. She then begins to eat and she looks satisfied.

"Thank you," The girl said quietly.

"I'm Yukio," Yukio said nicely. "What's your name?"

"Riley," The girl said softly.

"What are you doing here by yourself?" Yukio asked in his knees to her eye level.

"Trying to find a happy place," Riley could only say.

"Where are your parents?" Yukio asked as Riley only formed tears in her eyes.

"They're gone!" Riley said as she embraced Yukio in a hug and cried on his shoulders. Yukio honestly felt bad for her. She had parents, but something tragic must've happened to them. So he wrapped his arms around her in order to make her feel more relaxed by him.

"You feeling better?" Yukio asked.

"Yes," Riley said wiping her eyes and taking a sniff. "Thank you."

"Aren't you supposed to be at an orphanage?" Yukio said as Riley grew confused. "The place where you're with people and other kids."

Riley understood what he meant, but simply look down.

"I was," Riley said. "But the other kids were very mean."

"What did they do?" Yukio asked calmly but inside felt angered.

"They bully me, they won't *sniff* leave me alone, and they *sniff* get me in trouble," Riley said.

'She's facing the same thing I went through,' Yukio thought. "How did you leave?"

"We went on a trip to Royal Woods, so *sniff* the moment they weren't looking," Riley said. "I *sniff* just run away."

Yukio then wrapped an arm around her.

"I understand," Yukio said before remember the setting they were in. "It's still raining and it's not a good idea to stay here. So would you like to come with me to where I live?"

Riley was staring at him, considering his offer and then she nodded.

"Yes," Riley said. Yukio then lets Riley get on his back for a piggyback ride. Riley was holding the umbrella up as Yukio was walking in the streets.

'I need to explain this to the others,' Yukio thought to himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------