Chapter 71: The Smart and the Dumb

It was a good morning in Pablo and Priscilla's house.

Or at least it was.

"No, Devin," Aiden said as he was walking down the stairs.

"Ah c'mon Alvery," Devin said as he followed along. "I could use your help for the engineering competition."

"Why can't you ask Hunter, RJ, or Ethan to attend with you?" Aiden asked as he looks back at his friend.

"Hunter already left to a jamming session with Luna, Joe, and Tabby in Joe's house," Devin said. "RJ already left as well to the theaters to watch a movie and Ethan went on a date with Maggie."

"Devin, I can't because I promised Luan I'll go with her to a comedian convention," Aiden said as the front door open to revealed Lori, Leni, and Luan.

"Hey Aiden," Luan said as they hugged. "Ready to go."

"Yep," Aiden said as the two left walking.

"Dang it," Devin said. "Hey, Lori and Leni, what do you two need?"

"Where's Priscilla?" Lori asked. "I need some advice for my hair."

"I'm here," Priscilla said entering the living room with Pablo.

"Hey Pablo," Devin said. "Do you think you can attend to the engineering competition to assist me?"

"Sorry," Pablo said. "I promised my little brother I'll be at his soccer to support him."

Pablo then left through the front door and Devin could only sigh.

"Great," Devin sarcastically said. "Just great."

"What's wrong Devin?" Leni asked as Lori and Priscilla had their attention on him.

"Well," Devin said. "I need someone to assist me for the engineering competition."

Leni then grew a light bulb on her head.

"I got an idea!" Leni said.

"What is it?" Devin said. "You know someone who can help me?"

"No," Leni said. "I could help you."

Devin then thought about it and he remembers how her sisters told Hunter, Aiden, and Perry, who told him that Leni wasn't the brightest girl.

"Well," Devin said. "That sounds nice, but-"

Before Devin could say his answer, Lori interrupted him.

"He can't wait!" Lori said. "Leni, why don't you go wait outside?"

"Okay," Leni said cheerily as she left. Devin then looks at Lori.

"What was that?" Devin asked. "I was gonna refuse her offer nicely."

"Devin," Lori said. "Look, Leni wanted to help you and she has a kind heart. You should give her chance."

"Oh c'mon," Devin said. "Priscilla, who do you agree with?"

Priscilla then lets out a sigh and look at Devin.

"Lori's right," Priscilla said. "You shouldn't judge her. When she offered to help me and Pablo look for our wedding outfits, she did an amazing job."

Devin could only ponder before saying his answer.

"Fine," Devin said. "I'll give her a chance."

That caused Lori and Priscilla to smile and for Devin to leave through the front door. When he was outside, he simply closed it and sees Leni on the porch, humming to herself.