Chapter 76: Facing Fears with Fears

It was a normal day in the Loud House. The Loud siblings, Hunter, Aiden, Perry, RJ, Ethan, and Devin were all doing their habits. Luan then notices Leni being distracted, so she decided to take this opportunity to prank her.

"Hey Leni," Luan said as Leni turned to her, only to be fueled up with fear.

"Ahh! Spider!" Leni screamed as she saw a fake spider that Luan was holding. She immediately ran away and jumped into Devin's arms, which caught him by surprise.

"Luan," Devin said giving her a serious glare.

"Sorry," Luan said. "C'mon Leni, it's fake."

"What's wrong with her when she's near spiders?" RJ asked.

"She has arachnophobia," Lisa said.

'It's common for people to be afraid of spiders by their appearance," Devin said. "Unless she got that either from an encounter or one of the parents has arachnophobia."

"Our Dad is afraid of spiders," Lincoln stated.

"Well, that explains it," Devin said. "Leni?"

"Yeah?" Leni asked.

"You can get off my arms now," Devin said as he places Leni's foot back on the floor and for her to be standing.

"Everyone has a fear, Devin," Lori said.

"Yep," Devin said. "Not everyone is perfect."

"What are you afraid of?" Lana asked.

"I'm not afraid of anything," Devin said.

"What about bats?" Perry asked.

"I'm not afraid of bats," Devin said.

"Fangs!" Lucy called as Fangs appears in the room.

"Ahh!" Devin screamed as he hid behind a couch when Fangs landed on Lucy's head.

"You're still afraid of bats?" Aiden said, letting out a chuckle.

"Shut up!" Devin said rising from his hiding to look at Aiden.

"It seems to me that you have chiroptophobia," Lisa said.

"Yes," Devin said. "I wasn't born with it."

"Then what happened?" Luna asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Devin said. "It would only bring back memories."

"You can tell us," Leni said.

"No," Devin said.

"Devin, are you gonna tell them, or should I?" Aiden said.

"Fine Alvery," Devin said annoyed. "I'll tell them. You see, it was a trip to the zoo and I wanted to look closer at a bat, but then a swarm of bats attacked me."

"They attack you?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah," Devin said. "That's why I'm afraid of bats and don't want one to be near me."

"But Fangs isn't like that," Lucy said.

"Well," Devin said. "That's because he's used to you the most and not any other stranger."

Everyone was quiet for now until Aiden thought of an idea.

"That's it," Aiden said.

"What's it Aiden?" Luan asked.

"How about we help Leni conquer her fear of spiders?" Aiden stated as the Lous siblings seem to like that idea and the others to agree as well. Aiden then took a look at Devin.