Chapter 7

This week is Junior prom week. I just want to go to the prom with a date and being a cinderella for one night there. But I guess I'm not gonna get it.

I shut my locker and turn my face. I can see that Mike and Tina are laughing each other and I guess Mike will ask Tina not me. I know I blew my chance. That time I really blew it off.

"Come on, we'll be late for glee club." Mercedes says to me.

"I guess I'm so desperate in love." I let out a sigh and start walking in the hallways with her.

"Why?" Mercedes asks me.

"I wish I was popular and have a boyfriend. That time when I kissed Mike when I got drunk, it was the first time I kissed a guy. And this week is prom week and I'm not sure, there is a guy want to ask me to the prom." I said to Mercedes.

"What about Mike?" Mercedes raises her eyebrows at me.

"No. I'm not sure with that." I shake my head.

Mercedes just half-smiled at me and rubs my back as we both enter the choir room and the candidates for prom queen are busy talking each other.

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asks them.

"Prom dresses." Lauren simply said.

"Thank God I don't have to worry about that. I'm not going." Mercedes simply said.

"Why not?" Kurt frowns.

"'Cause nobody's asked me." Mercedes simply said.

"Well, nobody asked me too. We can go together." I smile at her.

"Alright, guys – prom." Dad walks in and write prom on the white board.

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom." Sam says to us.

"Nope – we are the prom. Figgins has asked us to perform." Dad says to us.

"Let's do Run Joey Run." Rachel grins happily.

I turn my face at Mercedes and raise my eyebrows then shake my head. That was the worst number in glee club I guess.

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And, we could really use the money. But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stag at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates." Dad says to us.

"Excuse me." Mercedes simply said and walk out from the choir room.

"Is she okay?" Dad frowns.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom." Quinn simply said.

"So? I don't have a date. I'm just going to dance. And then all of your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so...your dates are really my dates." Brittany says to us.

"I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes." Kurt says to us.

"No, let me." Rachel simply said and walk out from the choir room.

"People just need to stop being selfish. Just because they dont have any prom date, they refuse to come." Quinn simply said.

"Well, easy for you to say because you can pay Finn to go with you and you being nominated for prom queen." I roll my eyes.

"Excuse me?" Quinn turn her face at me.

"Look, Mercedes just been dealing with her girl problem thing because she is not such a hypocrite." I frown at Quinn.