Chapter 3

Regionals is one week away and we will face the regionals but have no idea about the song list. I asked my dad and he said that he prefer to use original song for our regionals.

"Paris, what are you doing after school?" Artie suddenly blocks my way.

"We were about to rehearsal for our dance number." Mike suddenly interupts us.

"We..." I frown at Mike. "What's wrong, Artie?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Nothing, just wondering that we can have our Chemistry project together." Artie simply said and wheel away.

I turn my face at Mike and he just grins at me. I roll my eyes and walk away. "Paris, Paris, stop." Mike blocks my way.

"What else? I havent say yes to be your dance partner and why you force me like that?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I didnt force you. I was just thinking that maybe we could start rehearse for our dance number." Mike says to me. "And I have another thing to ask."

"What is that?" I turn my face at him and start walking in the hallways.

"I need someone to help me to teach dance for homeless kids." Mike says to me.

"Sure, I'll be happy to help." I nodded and smile at him.

Mike just smiles back at me as we both walk down in the hallways. I guess I like him since that day we drunk in Rachel's party and he is my first kiss and that tastes amazing. Despite of all his drunk texts.

"They will be happy to see you." Mike smiles back at me.

"I'm wondering, why do you want me to be your dance partner?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Because Brittany is dating Artie and I think people already can predict about my dance break with Britt. You are like our secret weapon." Mike says to me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

I though he was really like me. But the fact that he only want me to be his dance partner. No more than that. I was too over confidence since this is my first time at it.

We both keep walking in the hallways then we turn our way to the choir room. We walk enter the choir room then I sit in the middle row and he suddenly sit down next to me.

At least if he doesnt like me just keep the gap between us. I mean, by having him around me making me feel over confidence and think that he likes me.

"Guys, I’ve got some bad news. You know how we decided on “Sing” by My Chemical Romance for Regionals. Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can’t do it." Dad walks in and hold a paper.

"Ugh, it was the perfect anthem." Puck simply said.

"How much do you wanna bet Coach Sylvester had something to do with this?" Mercedes asks.

"One step ahead of you." Dad simply said.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Mercedes shrugs.

"I think…we should write original songs for Regionals." Rachel simply said.

"All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana raises her hand.

"No, I think Rachel’s right. This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different." Quinn suddenly said.

"Well, that’s true but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs. We’re not gonna be so good." Mercedes says.

"You’re right, we’re not gonna be as good. We’re gonna be better. We won’t be using other peoples’ words or music. It’ll be our own. Our own heart, soul, not just our voices. We have a really talented songwriter in our midst. Rachel? I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together." Quinn says then turn her face at Rachel.