Chapter 34

Senior Year

Senior year means everything. I'm planning to be senior class president, take all the solos from Glee club, be the captain of many teams, and also reach my dream to be a director. Yeah I sort of changed my plan to be a director not doctor.

My parents are officially back together. We lived in the same house now and we had the best summer vacation to Los Angeles ever. It was my first time goes to Los Angeles and it was amazing.

I'm still dating Mike. We are trying to work our long distance relationship out. We have our phones dates and skype call like everyday. I know the school year is begin and we probably start being busy but we're trying to keep each other's heart.

Now I'm walking in the hallways and turn my way to the choir room and sit down on the front seat as we are ready to have our first Glee club.

"Glee!" Dad walks in as we are cheering at each other. "We are coming off of a National Championship, but it's time to look forward, And thanks to Glee now being the coolest club in the school. This shouldn't be a problem. All right. Yes, we've lost some big voices. But we still have some huge ones in here. And I promise to do everything I can to replace the ones that we lost. And on that note, I'd like to introduce you to our newest member: The MVP of last year's nationals, Wade "Unique" Adams." Dad says to us as Unique walks in.

I raise my eyebrows and shake my head. Why he didn't tell me about this before? Ugh sometimes I hate it when my dad is actually the one who running the Glee club.

"That's a great haircut, Mercedes. I thought you graduated." Brittany simply said.

"I wanted to be somewhere where different was celebrated." Unique said to us.

"We are so excited to have you." Dad smiles at him. We just applauding annoyingly and rolls our eyes. "Guys where's the love?" Dad frowns at us.

"I think Wade is great, but the competition to be the new Rachel is already so intense, the last thing that we need is one more contender." Blaine said.

"The New Rachel?" Dad frowns.

"Every glee club needs a star performer. Rachel was that, and now that she's gone, many of us want the job." Tina said to dad.

"Okay, we don't win with stars. We win as a team. One that supports new members." Dad said to us. I shake my head and raise my hand. "No, I know what is the thing you're going to say. Now, I don't want to hear any more of this this "New Rachel" stuff, okay? Have a seat, Wade." Dad says as Unique sits down next to me between Blaine and I.

"Make no mistake: Unique will be the new Rachel." Unique says to us.

"We decide this on our own, then Thunderdome style. Five o'clock at auditorium." Blaine glares at him.

I glare at him and cross my hands on my chest. Paris Schuester will be the next Rachel Berry. I will run this school and I will get all the solos and become the female lead for the next school musical.

~~~~

Now we are in the auditorium. Ready to have our battle to be the Next Rachel Berry. Tina, Brittany, Blaine, Unique, and I are here. Along with Artie as our judges.

"So, here are the rules: We perform the song for Artie, he makes his choice, we go to Mr. Schue as a group, and we tell him who the new lead soloist is. Hopefully, it'll be me, 'cause that's what Rachel wanted." Tina smirks at us.

"Though I am uncomfortable doing this behind Mr. Schue's back, I am a director. Therefore, I never pass up on an opportunity to judge people." Artie said to us.