Chapter 62

I look around the hospital while bringing a bouquet of flowers. I don't know why Mike wants me to meet here. Maybe he wants to talk to me. But in hospital? Really?

"Hey.." Mike smiles at me.

"Hi." I smile back at him. "So why are we here?"

"Val wants to talk to you." Mike says to me.

"Why is that?" I ask him.

"I don't know." Mike shrugs. "Come here." Mike walks lead me.

I walk behind Mike. Until we get into cancer unit? I frown and keep walking following Mike. Until Mike open a door and a curtain and I see Val is laying down on bed and with pipe on her chest, nose and head. She even doesn't have hair anymore. She is completely bald, skinny, and look so pale.

"Why? I look like a monster?" She chuckles.

"No. No. It's, what happened?" I frown at her.

"I have leukemia. My hair started to fell down because of the chemotherapy but my condition still remain the same even it's become worse. And I tried to accept everything that's written for me." She smiles at me.

"I'll leave you two alone." Mike says to us and walks out.

I take a chair and put the flowers on the side table. "I don't know which flower that you like but since I love lilies so I got you lilies." I giggle and sit down on that chair.

"Thank you." She smiles at me. "I heard from Mike that you learned a lot to babysit Logan."

"Yeah well, there are four people who lives in that apartment and I'm the only one who didn't have a job and Mike usually left Logan with me so I'm willing to learn. But I swear I never give him ice cream." I giggle.

"Logan is not a fussy baby. Since he was born he reminds me of Mike a lot. But Mike said that Logan reminds him more to you than me." She chuckles.

"I don't have any Asian eyes." I chuckle.

"Paris, why don't you want to be with Mike?" She asks me.

"Because I don't want Logan hates me. Separating his parents away. My parents divorced and I really hated this one woman who made move on my dad and made my mom's anxiety getting worse and then they got divorced. I don't want the same thing happened to Logan. So I better back off." I said to her.

"Do you love him?" She asks me. I look at her and nodded slowly. "Then be with him. Take my place."

"But you're dating him." I shake my head.

"We both know this isn't right. We pretend to date only in front of my parents. Because they're still think that I should marry him because I have kid with him. But I know my life is not gonna long. So someday if I leave, I want you to take my part." She said to me.

"What do you mean?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Be with Mike, be a mother figure for Logan. Apparently I can't do much now. Mike do all the parenthood things alone but I want you both to take part of it. Please." She holds my hand.

I can feel her hand is as cold as ice and it's just like bone that covered up with skin. "But I'm still a baby." I said to her.

"Do you think I was ready to be a mother? No. I wanted to give him up but I changed my mind at the first time I saw his face after he was born. There's no one can be a perfect mom for Logan except you. You're willing to learn to do those things. And someday when Mike and you will get married, you will adopt him." She smiles at me.

"You're gonna cure." I said to her.

"I hope so but I can't see what's tomorrow gonna looks like." She sighs. "Please, when my time is over, promise me that you can be the best mother for Logan." She rubs my hand.