Chapter 15

I hold a cup of ice cream and walk to the living room as dad is watching tv there and also grade some paper. I'm sitting down next to him then give that ice cream to him.

"What is this?" Dad asks me.

"When I'm sad or didnt talk much, you always give me a cup of ice cream so you can fished me to tell you what happened." I said to him.

"Honey..." Dad half-smiled at me.

"What's going on? You've been quiet all day. You might dont tell me but I know that because I've seen you every day." I said to dad. "Is it because Mercedes left the glee club?"

"Am I really hard to her?" Dad asks me.

"Hard to not blame you but you were really picking on her and she was right. Rachel wasnt there so it made Rachel is your favorite. I mean, yes, you gave her everything. Even sometimes I'm jealous with you and Rachel." I half-smiled at dad.

"Sweet pea, if I can tell, my favorite one is of course you. No matter what. You know you're sick but you still try your best to work hard like everyone else." Dad says to me.

"Because I dont want to make you disappointed, dad."

"What is the part that makes me disappointed in you?" Dad asks me.

"I'm afraid that that I'm gonna fainted on the stage or get asthma attack again." I said to him.

"Hey, you did good at theraphy. Even the doctor said it went back because of the cactus and expired inhaler. Honey, you're amazing and if you're telling me that you're jealous with Rachel, I'm confused. I gave you everything I have. Rachel is not my daughter but you are. You said that I'm not letting you shine. I can give all the solos for you or make that show as Paris Schuester's show but you also the one who told me that you dont want to be in the spotlight." Dad says to me.

I let out a sigh and lean my head on the sofa headboard. "I'm just thinking that this year is not my year. I mean those seniors have once last chance to win at nationals. But next year is going to be my year. I'm gonna fight for everything and being in the spotlight. I even plan for running senior class president next year. You'll see your daughter being in the spotlight, dad."

"I'm so proud of you." Dad smiles at me and kisses my forehead. "Now eat this. This is yours. Not mine." Dad give the ice cream back at me.

"I've been thinking that maybe I can get into Ohio State University College of Medicine?" I said to dad.

"Why OSU? There is a lot of best medicine school in US, for example Columbia or NYU." Dad turn his face at me.

"I dont wanna live away from you." I simply said.

"What?" Dad frowns at me.

"If I get into Columbia or NYU, I'll be alone there and so do you. But if I can get into OSU, I can drive two hours every day to go to college and go home and meet you and I can visit mom every weekend." I said to him.

"Up to you, sweet pea. From now on just study hard. I'm sure you can get into college you want to." Dad rubs my hair.

"I'm still have two years." I grin at dad.

"By the way, your mom didnt pick you up tonight?" Dad asks me.

"Nope. Mom said that tonight she went to aunt Kendra's house. So I'm here next to you." I giggle.

"Okay stay here while I'm grade these paper." Dad says to me.

"Alright." I grin at him.

I eat my ice cream and take the tv remote and changed the tv channel. I changed tv channel to coach Sue's corner as dad is still busy with grade some paper.