Chapter 5

I'm preparing the dinner for dad and I in the kitchen. It's just like the days we usually did together. Cooking together or choosing a song or glee club assignment for a week or watching tv together or studying together. That's fun. And that's bonding time always can make me and dad closer and closer even we already really close.

Just like right now. Actually we can easily order food from Japanese restaurant or having dinner in Breadstix since we won regionals but we decided to cook together at home and having our daughter-father time together.

"Dont forget to flip the meat, dad. So it wont be half-done." I said to him and flip the meat on the pan.

"But in the book doesnt say the same thing." Dad says to me.

"Sometimes I dont trust the book because last time when I tried to cook crepes it turned out into epic fail." I said to him.

"Who taught you to cook huh?" Dad chuckles.

"The last time I spent summer in grandma's house. She taught me many things to cook." I grin at him.

"I  see that then." Dad smiles at me.

"Dad, can I get a puppy?" I ask him.

"Is it allowed to bring a puppy here?" Dad raises his eyebrows at me.

"Is it not allowed?" I raises my eyebrows.

"Honey, I was asking you."

"I dont know. But I want one. The fluffy one with white or brown colour. Can I?" I grin at him.

"Well, make sure that you can take care of that puppy. And this building is allowed to bring a puppy." Dad says to me.

"But a little girl from room 510 has a cihuahua. I ever saw that. Many times." I said to him.

"It's up to you." Dad smiles at me.

"Well, our meat is done." I said and turn off the stove.

I take the meat from the pan and place it on the plate while dad is preparing the condiment on the dining table. I take the plates and place it on the dining table.

After that I take a bottle of sparkling cider from the freezer and place it on the dining table and sit down opposite dad.

"Wow this food smells really good." Dad chuckles.

"Let's eat. Because we have to gain more energy to nationals." I giggle.

"Ah you're right." Dad nodded and chuckles.

I giggle and start eating my food. "Dad, can I learn how to drive?"

"Sure. But you are not allowed to drive until you got your license." Dad says to me. "So, how's the thing going on between you and Mike?"

I suddenly get choked. I take a glass of drink then turn my face at dad then frown as he just chuckling at me. "Dad, please." I roll my eyes.

"You look happier nowadays." Dad chuckles.

"And doesnt mean that I was unhappy these days." I roll my eyes.

"You always happy but these days, you become happier. I saw you everyday, honey." Dad says to me.

I smile at him and continue eating my food. "I'm happy if you're happy dad." I smile at him.

"I'm happy. It's been a year we both passed everything together right? Having dinner only both of us." Dad smiles at me.

"Yeah. It's Paris and daddy against the world." I giggle.

"Right. Just finish your dinner. We have a lot things to do." Dad smiles at me and rubs my hair.