Chapter 40

I frown and following the others as they bring Marley to the choir room. I cross my hands on my chest and let out a sigh.

"Give her some room. She needs space! Breathe, girl, breathe!" Unique says.

"Does anyone have anything she can eat?" Kitty asks us.

"I have some leftover Halloween candy in my locker." Tina says and runs away.

"I may have a juice box." Blaine says and walks away.

I'm just standing next to Brittany and look at Marley. I shake my head and let out a sigh.

"I'll go get Marley's mom." Joe says and runs away.

"This is bad. Never in the history of show choir competitions has anyone ever fainted." Artie says.

"We got the juice. We got the juice." Sam says and gives the juice to her.

"No, I'm okay." Marley shakes her head.

"Drink the damn juice!" Kitty yells.

"Marley? Marley, are you okay? What happened?" Finn walks in.

"She hasn't been eating. She's been skipping lunch." Jake says to Finn.

"Is that because you've been telling her to? You trying to turn her into a damn rexy?" Santana glares at Kitty.

"What? No. Why would I why would I want that?" Kitty frowns.

"Cause you're a crazy, evil bitch." Santana simply said.

"Hey, Marley, you all right?" Dad walks in.

"The nurse is on the way, Mr. Schue." Finn says to dad.

"Santana, Puck, you stay here with Marley. The rest of you guys, get back up there. Leaving the stage mid-competition, for any reason, is risking immediate disqualification." Dad says to us.

"What?! That-that's a rule?" Finn frowns.

"Yeah, it's a rule." Coach Sue suddenly walks in. "One of the bylaws, actually. As all of you all were spiraling into a self-created K-hole of crazy, the judges, by unanimous vote, have declared the Warblers victorious. Hey, congratulations, Finn Hudson. For the first time in its charmed, yet pitiful existence, the New Directions has lost Sectionals. But here's the good news. Christmas came early for one Sue Sylvester." Coach Sue grins at us.

What?!! I look at each other with dad. He just shakes his head. I push a chair to the ground and make it a bang sound loudly then walk out from the choir room. This is my moment to be shine and someone ruined it.

"Paris, sweetie.." Dad catches my hand.

I look down as tears fall down to my face. "For once I just want to be shine on that stage. This is my senior year, dad."

"I know. I know that. I know how much you want this and I'm so sorry." Dad hugs me and rubs my hair.

"Now my senior year will be nothing." I cry in his hug.

"Listen to me, your senior year will not be nothing. Honey, you are already shine without all of these competition." Dad says to me.

"You said that because you are my dad." I sniffles.

"And that's because I'm your dad I know you better than anyone in this place. Listen, this is not the end. I give up on my dream and I don't want you to do the same thing. Always believe in yourself." Dad says to me.

"I'm so sorry dad. I made you disappointed for come home." I look down.

"Hey, I'm coming home mainly because I can have Thanksgiving with you and your mom. Even if sectionals wasn't on Thanksgiving, I would still come home so I can have dinner with my little family." Dad says to me. "Now come on, your mom probably waiting in the car."