Chapter 28

I'm standing near a tree in the Lima Park. I'm waiting for my dad. He said that he want to go out with me and today he didnt go to school because he has school meeting board.

I just let out a sigh and put my hands inside my cheerios jacket. I shouldnt wait him here. I should wait him in the school. I cancel my Six Flags date with Mike and the others for my dad and now where is he?

Suddenly someone shows me a bar of chocolate. I turn my face and dad is smiling at me. I cross my hands on my chest and roll my eyes then walk away.

"Hey, I'm sorry, okay." Dad walks follows me.

"You know that you're late, dad." I pouted at him.

"I know. I'm only late about... two hours." Dad sighs.

"Yes." I simply said.

"Honey, I'm really sorry. I was so busy and school meeting board was late and made me late to come here." Dad says to me.

"I'm also busy, dad. I cancel my date with Mike to Six Flags and the other seniors to celebrate senior ditch day. And I'm waiting here for you since two hours ago. Then since you late, I wont be watch science website project tonight. I'm tired to do everything, dad. I'm your daughter not your wife." I protest.

I cover my mouth with my hand as I realized something that I just said to him. I turn my face at him and he just hold that chocolate bar and looking at me.

"If I can be your mother and father at the same time when your mom not around. Why you cant be both for me?" Dad says to me and walk away slowly.

I let out a sigh and roll my eyes. I start walking follow dad then block his way. "Dad, I'm so sorry. I dont mean to say that." I half-smiled at him.

"Nah." Dad shakes his head and go back to walk.

"Daddy..." I whimpered and take his hand. "I'm really sorry." I stop his way and half-smiled at him.

"It's okay." Dad nodded.

"Are you sad?" I ask him.

"Just little bit."

"I'm so sorry, I didnt mean to." I half-smiled at him.

"It's okay. Come on. You must be hungry right?" Dad holds my hand and walks lead me.

"Dad?"

"Hmmm?"

"I wanna go home." I said to him.

"You sure that you dont want to have dinner in Breadstix and then go to supermarket?" Dad asks me.

"No." I shake my head.

"Okay, we go home." Dad nodded. "I'm sorry, I shouldnt be late until two hours and the sky goes dark slowly." Dad says to me.

"It's okay, dad. I'm so sorry too." I said to dad.

"Come on. We can go to Six Flags tomorrow okay." Dad smiles at me.

"Alright then." I nodded.

"Yes, we will go to Six Flags tomorrow. Me, you and your mom." Dad says to me.

"Mom?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yeah. It's been a long time we didnt have a weekend together. So we can have fun okay." Dad smiles at me.

I nodded and smile back at him. Finally. My wish to have weekend with my parents will be come true. I miss my family. I miss my parents. I miss both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sitting down on the backseat of dad's car as mom is sitting down on the front seat and dad is driving. Today we are going to Six Flags like what dad said to me yesterday as his apology for being late yesterday. And I'm still feeling guilty about what I said to him yesterday.