Chapter 4

Regionals

Finally! It's regionals day. I'm kinda little bit nervous actually since I will have my dance lead with Mike. I'm afraid that I'm gonna ruin this and we will lose and it wont be cool.

"Dad, come on." I cross my hands on my chest as my dad is busy with his stuff in his office.

"Which one is better? This blue one or black one?" Dad asks me while showing his tie.

"Dad, whatever you think is good." I roll my eyes.

"Okay the brown one." Dad simply said and take another tie from his drawer.

"Come on, the bus already waiting. We are not going to perform if you're still here." I roll my eyes.

"Okay okay. I'm done. Let's go." Dad says to me and put his hand around my shoulder as we walk out from his office.

"Dad, if we lose, dont yell at me okay?" I turn my face at him.

"We will win this thing. Trust me. You will be great." Dad smiles at me.

I just let out a sigh and half-smiled at him as we walk out from the school building then turn our way to the school bus to our regionals place.

"Dont worry too much. We are gonna make it." Dad smiles at me and kisses my head.

We both walk enter the bus. I'm just sitting down in the middle row and sit down. I hold my pouch and turn my face to the street. I already dressed up for regionals and I'm bit nervous.

"You alright?" Mike asks me and sit down next to me.

"I think I'm gonna die." I shake my head.

"You did great. We can do this together, just tell me when you cant handle that. I will cover you up." Mike says to me.

"You dont need to but thanks. I just dont wanna make my dad dissapointed." I half-smiled at him.

"You will be great. Trust me." Mike smiles at me.

I just smile back at him then turn my face around. Suddenly a hand touch my hand. I turn my face and Mike just turn his face away but he holds my hand.

I dont know. This is really makes my heart beat so fast. I cant deny that I really like him. But I dont feel he feel the same way like what I feel because this is so strange.

I turn my face as the bus is finally stops. The others start look around. I stand up from my seat so does Mike who stand up from his seat and still holding my hand.

He then walk lead me to out from the bus and still holding my hand. Damn! My heart really beats so fast and I can feel like something inside me is really different ugh God.

We then enter the auditorium as the show just begin. We then walk to our empty seat and Mike and I just sit down next to each other and he smiles at me. This is really drive me crazy.

Dad is sitting down on the corner and I can realize that sometimes he looked at us. I just pretend that I dont see him or something meanwhile Mike is still holding my hand and I cant pull his hand away because I dont want to I guess.

"And now, our judges for the 2011 Midwest Regional Show Choir Competition. Local broadcasting legend and man about town Rod Remington! Recent Tea Party candidate and home-schooler Tammy Jean Albertson! And former exotic dancer and current Carmelite nun, author of the upcoming Lima Press memoir Habit to Habit, Sister Mary Constance! And now, from Westvale High School, let’s have a warm welcome for Aural Intensity!"

The curtain lifts up and Aural Intensity are wearing red dress code and singing Jesus Is My Friend by Sonseed. I know they were trying to impress the judges but this is kinda of garbage.