Chapter 57

I'm standing in front of the mirror and wearing my graduation gown also the cap. I half smiled and take it off then put it back into the box.

"What's wrong?" Dad asks me.

"Nothing. I'm just not ready to graduate yet." I shake my head.

"You are ready." Dad says to me and sits down on the couch.

"Dad, I will live in a big city like Los Angeles alone." I said to him and sit down next to him.

"And you will make your dreams come true. I know it's terrified at first. Like the city is too big and you're so small but you will get through it." Dad says.

"You said that because you are my father." I sigh.

"And because I'm your father it's mean the most because I know you the most." Dad says. "Come here." He pulls me closer to me and hugs me. "I gave up on my dream and I will never let anything happen to make you give up on your dream. This is your moment to shine. Look at how you've been through so far."

"I'm a baby. I can't leave you or mom's hands." I shake my head.

"But you're also the bravest and the strongest one. Someday there will be your name get nominated on the Oscars or Emmys or any other awards about your movie. Then you will get invited to talkshow and get into Hollywood Reporter. I believe that you can make it. If I believe that, then you should believe in yourself." Dad smiles at me.

"What if I screw things up?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Successful is made by the failure and screw things we did. You did a mistake and you learn from it." Dad rubs my hair.

I smile at him. "You are truly the best father in the world."

"I know. It's wrote on the custom t-shirt you gave me on Father's Day last year." Dad smiles back at me. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you and everything you do. Yeah they were all yellow. I came along I wrote a song for you and all the things you do and it was called "Yellow". So then I took my turn oh what a thing to have done and it was all yellow. Your skin oh yeah, your skin and bones turn into something beautiful. You know, you know I love you so. You know I love you so." Dad singing while rubbing my hair.

I smile and listening to him. Since I was little, he always sing me Yellow by Coldplay as my lullaby. I didn't know what that mean but now I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm standing behind the curtain in auditorium. Waiting for dad to come. I already put an invitation on his table and I hope he sees that. I hold my hands and take a deep breath.

Dad suddenly walks in from the audience door and hold the invitation. He then walk to the director seat and press the button that I put there until a screen come out and a video is playing.

"Hey, we made this video for Maddox William Schuester the son of our teacher." Rachel says from the video.

"Will Schuester." Kurt says from the video. "You know, many of us don't get to know our dads as men until they're older- past middle age, maybe a little beaten down by life."

"But we want to tell you about what your dad was like when he was young." Mercedes says.

"When he could dance like Fred Astaire." Mike says.

"And sing like Michael Buble." Marley says.

"He was an amazing teacher." Blaine says.

"Your dad and I almost hooked up - which means I could have been your mom. Hit me up when you want your first tattoo. I know a guy." Miss Holiday says.