066: Kate Bush

The group had gone to Max's trailer

The group had gone to Max's trailer. Max had gone in, but when she came back she looked completely freaked out. After leaving the trailer park the group head to the cemetery. Once they arrive Max gets out of the car, Harper following.
"Max." Harper says, going around the car.
"Harps, please just wait in the car." Max tells her.
"Max, just wait. Just wait. Please. Just listen to me please." Harper says, running up to her. "I know something happened back there with your mother. Was it Vecna?"
"I told you. I'm fine." Max says, trying to reassure her girlfriend. "Okay? I mean as fine as someone who's hurtling towards a gruesome death can be."
"Max... you know you can talk to me. Right?" Harper asks.
"Yeah, I know that." Max says.
"Okay, then why do you keep pushing me away. Every time I've tried to check to see if your okay, you change the subject. Your here but it's like your not here." Harper says, before taking the letter out her pocket. "Okay, I don't need a letter. I don't want a letter. Just talk to me, to our friends. We're right here. I'm right here, okay? I'm here."
Max places her hand in Harper's shoulder and kisses her cheek.
"Just wait in the car. It won't be long." Max tells her,  before walking away.
Harper watches her for a moment before going back to the car.
"You okay, Harps?" Blakeley asks.
Harper just simply nods looking at Max out the window.
Blakeley looks at her sister sadly. Blakeley knew she couldn't say anything about what was happening to her. Mainly because her sister was already scared to lose her girlfriend, she shouldn't be scared to lose her sister as well.

The group were watching Max from the car. They knew they shouldn't as they should really give her some privacy to talk to Billy. But with Vecna on the lose, they didn't want to risk it.
Steve became anxious with how long Max was taking so got out the car and started walking towards her.
"All right. It's been long enough." Steve says.
"Steve, just give her some time." Blakeley told him.
"I have, all right? I'm calling it." Steve says. "If she wants to get a lawyer, she can."
Steve gets over to max and the group hear him shouting at her to wake up.
"Somethings wrong." Blakeley says, before running towards Steve and Max, the others not far behind.
The group all make it over and see Max in a trance. While Dustin runs to the car to call Nancy and Robin the others try to wake her up.
"Guys!" Dustin shouts running back over.
"What is this?" Lucas asks, as Dustin drops a bunch of mixtapes.
"What's her favourite song?" Dustin asks.
"Why?" Blakeley asks.
"Robin says if you listen- it's too much to explain right now." Dustin says. "What's her favourite song?"
"Kate Bush! Running Up That Hill." Harper says.
The group start looking through the mixtapes.
"Which on is it?" Steve asks.
They find the song and put it in the case connected to the headphones. They put the headphones on Max and start playing the song. They continue shouting for Max to wake up, before Max starts to float. They stop for a moment in shock before continuing, All of a sudden Max falls back to the ground and starts sobbing. Harper quickly wraps her arms around her.
"I thought we lost you." Harper admits.
"I'm still... I'm still here." Max says. "I'm still here."

__________

Blakeley, Harper and Max head back to the Hayes house. Max was sat in the living room with her headphones on listening to music, while Blakeley and Harper walk into the kitchen, but they still kept their eyes on Max.
"You okay, Harps?" Blakeley asks.
"What do you think?" Harper snaps.
"I'm only trying to help you, Harps." Blakeley tells them.
"Well you're not." Harper shouts, taking the beanie off her head. "If it wasn't for you willingly getting involved in this a few years ago then I wouldn't have gotten involved and our lives would be normal. We would be just like most of Hawkins and not have a clue about what are going on. You wouldn't have nearly died loads of times, and I wouldn't have this goddamn powers."
"You're powers are super cool, Harps." Blakeley reassures her. "You were already cool before, but this just gives you another couple of points."
"I didn't ask for these powers!" Harper shouts.
"Harps, I know. Okay? I know." Blakeley says.
"Eleven's not even here to help me learn to control them. I'm completely alone with this." Harper says.
"We're all here for you Harps. Sure we may not understand what you're going through but we are here to help." Blakeley tells her.
"You can't help me!" Harper shouts, throwing her hands down, causing a glass which was on the side to go crashing into the wall.
"Harps, you need to calm down." Blakeley tells her.
"Don't tell me to calm down!" Harper snaps, using her powers to throw Blakeley into the wall behind her. She gasps after she realises what she had just done. She covers her hand with a mouth as a few tears spill out from her eyes. "Blake, I'm so sorry. I- I... I didn't mean to-"
"I know, Harps. I know. It's okay." Blakeley tells her, walking over and pulling her sister into a hug. "It's okay."
Harper's arms were around Blakeley's waist, while one of Blakeley's was around Harper's neck, the other on the back of Harper's head.
"Are you okay in here?" Max asks, walking into the kitchen as she moves her headphones to down around her neck.
"Yeah, we're okay. Don't worry." Blakeley says, as the two pull away from the hug.
They then hear a car door slam outside.
"Who could that be?" Harper asks.
"I'm not sure. You guys stay here." Blakeley tells the two younger girls, before walking out the kitchen.
Blakeley walks outside just as her step dad was locking the car.