031: Understand

Before long, it was only Blakeley, Steve, Harper, Dustin, Lucas, Max and Mike left at the house

Before long, it was only Blakeley, Steve, Harper, Dustin, Lucas, Max and Mike left at the house. Dustin was throwing everything out of the freezer while Steve stood behind him with a duvet in his arms. Blakeley was sat on the counter watching them, trying not to laugh.
Steve thought all it was stupid while Dustin was trying to explain how it was a 'ground breaking scientific discovery'. While she was sat watching them Harper walks over to her, after just saying goodbye to their mom who had left to go on a date. She didn't want to leave her daughters with everything going on, but the two girls managed to convince her to go.
"That's your boyfriend, right there." Harper says teasingly, as she sits on the counter beside Blakeley, the two watching as Steve and Dustin try getting the duvet into the fridge.
The two sisters laugh as eventually they successes.
"You guys good there?" Blakeley asks, still laughing.
"You girls could of helped us a little bit." Steve says.
"It was more fun to watch." Harper says, shrugging her shoulders as she jumps down from the counter.
"She's not wrong." Blakeley says, doing the same as her sister.
The group walk into the living room, where Dustin and Max were cleaning up some glass and Mike was pacing.
"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas asks.
"You weren't in there, okay, Lucas?" Mike replies. "That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs. Blakeley can back me up."
"Demo- dogs." Dustin says.
"The chief will take care of her." Lucas says.
"Like she needs protection." Max says.
"Listen, dude, if a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve says.
"Okay, first of all this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench." Mike replies.
"So my point is... Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so uh, there's nothing we can do." Steve says.
"That's not entirely true." Blakeley says. "I mean, these Demo- dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."
"If we get their attention..." Harper starts.
"Maybe we can draw them from the lab." Max continues.
"Clear a path to the gate." Mike finishes.
"Yeah, and then we all die." Steve says.
"That's one point of view." Dustin says.
"No, that's not a point of view, man. That's a fact." Steve says.
"I got it." Mike says, walking over to a place in the map that Will draw, which was all over the house. "This is where the chief dug his hole, this is our way into the tunnel. Here. Right here. This is like a hub. We got all the tunnels feeding here. If we set this on fire..."
"Oh, yeah. That's a no." Steve says.
"the mind flayer would call away his army." Dustin says.
"They'd all come to stop us." Blakeley adds.
"B, really?" Steve asks, causing Blakeley to look at him briefly.
"Then we circle back to the exit." Mike says. "By the time they realize we're gone..."
"El would be at the gate." Harper says.
"Hey! Hey! Hey! This is not happening." Steve says.
"But..." Harper starts.
"No, no, no, no, no. No buts. Me and Blakeley promised to keep you shitheads safe. And even though Blakeley, isn't doing a very good job of that right now..." Steve starts.
"Thanks Steve." Blakeley says jokingly.
"Sorry babe, but it's true." Steve says. "We're staying here. On the bench. And we're waiting for the starting team to do their job. Does everybody understand that?"
"This isn't a stupid sports game." Mike tells Steve again.
"I said does everybody understand that?" Steve asks. "I need a yes."
No one responds. A car then pulls up and Max runs to the window to check it out.
"It's my brother. He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." Max says.
"Stay in here." Steve tells the group. He looks directly at his girlfriend pointing at her. "That includes you."
Blakeley raises her hands up in defence before Steve walks outside. Blakeley goes over and opens the window the tiniest bit so they could hear what was going on.
"Am I dreaming or is that you, Harrington?" Billy asks, getting out of his car.
"Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants." Steve replies, causing Blakeley to lightly laugh. Steve walks towards Billy.
"What are you doing here, amigo?" Billy asks.
"I could ask you the same thing." Steve says. "Amigo."
"Looking for my stepsister. A little birdie told me she was here." Billy says.
"Huh? That's weird. I don't know her." Steve says.
"Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch." Billy says.
"Doesn't ring a bell, sorry buddy." Steve tells him.
"You know, I don't know, this... This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know." Billy admits. "It's giving me the heebie jeebies."
"Oh, yeah? Why's that?" Steve asks.
"My 13 year old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you in a strangers house." Billy says, "And you lied to me about it?"
"Man, were you dropped to much as a child, or what?" Steve asks. "I don't know what you don't understand about that I just said. She's not here."
"Then who is that?" Billy asks, pointing to the window.
Steve looks back to see the kids and Blakeley looking through the window. They all quickly duck.
"Shit, did he see us?" Dustin asks.
"Stay here." Blakeley tells the kids making her way to the door.
"Oh, shit. Listen..." Steve starts, but gets cut off by Billy pushing him to the floor. "I told you to plant you feet."
Billy walks towards the door and opens it only to come face to face with Blakeley.
"I wouldn't come in if I was you." Blakeley tells him.
"Why not?" Billy asks.
"Because you sure as hell would regret it." Blakeley says.
Billy laughs before trying to push Blakeley to the side, only to get punched in the face.
"You bitch!" Billy shouts.
"Told you you would regret it." Blakeley says, taking a few steps back, so she could be right in front of the kids.
That's when Billy sees the kids behind her.
"Well, well, well. Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise." Billy says, slowly walking towards them. "I thought I told you to stay away from him Max."
"Billy, go away." Max tells him.
"You disobeyed me." Billy says, trying to get to his sister but Blakeley keeps blocking his path. "You know what happens when you disobey me."
"Billy." Blakeley warns.
"I break things." Billy says.
Billy then grabs Lucas and pins him against the wall. The kids shout for Billy to let him go while Blakeley quickly walks over pulling Billy away from Lucas. Blakeley kicks Billy in the stomach, causing him to stumble back.
"Don't touch him or any of them again, you hear me?" Blakeley asks.
"You are so dead, Hayes! You're dead!" Billy shouts.
Steve comes up behind Billy turning him to look at him.
"No, you are." Steve says before punching Billy in the face.
"Steve!" Harper shouts.
Billy laughs as he turns back to Steve.
"Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh? I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about." Billy says.
"Get out." Steve says, pushing Billy away from him.
Steve and Billy then start to fight.
"Steve!" Blakeley shouts, as Billy smashes a plate onto Steve's head.
"Billy!" Max shouts at the same time as Blakeley.
"No one tells me what to do." Billy says, grabbing Steve by his shirt collar before headbutting him.
Steve falls to the floor and Billy punches Steve until he's unconscious. He even continues to punch him after he was out.
Max grabs a needle with the stuff they had been using to make Will sleep. She walks forward and injects it onto Billy's neck. Billy stands up turning to face his stepsister as he takes the needle out.
"Max." Harper warns.
"What the hell is this? You little shit, what did you do?" Billy asks. "What you doing Hayes? To scared to face me so letting the kids do it?"
Blakeley, who had briefly been looking out the window, after hearing the monster screeching, turns to face Billy, slowly walks towards him. Billy tries to reach for Max but Blakeley steps in grabbing Billy's wrist.
"I don't think so." Blakeley tells him.
Blakeley goes to punch him, but Billy somehow, in the state he was in, grabs her wrist and twists it till it breaks. He kicks her in the stomach and punches her in the face mutliple times causing her to fall back. Blakeley starts to see stars, but manages to focus on Max who was holding Steve's bat.
"From here on out, you leave me and my friends alone. Do you understand?" Max asks.
"Screw you." billy says.
Max swings the bat down, very nearly missing Billy.
"Say you understand! Say it! Say it!" Max shouts.
"I understand." Billy says.
"What?" Max asks.
"I understand." Billy repeats.
Billy then falls asleep and Max grabs his car keys.
"Let' get out of here." Max says, holding up the keys.