035: Scoop's Ahoy

A Year Later

A Year Later...

There was a new mall that opened up in Hawkin's Indiana, called 'Starcourt Mall'. Steve Harrington had needed to get a job, so he got a job at the ice cream parlour at the mall. Otherwise known as 'Scoops Ahoy'. Every since Steve had gotten the job Blakeley Hayes spent a lot of time in the back room. Like now. Blakeley was sat on her counter as Steve was leaning against it in front of her, hands on the counter either side of her, stood between her legs as they made out.
"Steve stop." Blakeley says , laughing after a little while. Blakeley moves her arms from around his neck and places her hands on his chest as she tried to pull away, while Steve kept kissing her, causing her to laugh. "Steve, you gotta get back to work. If you don't Robin will kill you."
"I don't want to." Steve whines, pulling away, but keeping their faces still close.
"I know. But, you've only got a couple more hours of your shift." Blakeley reminds him.
Steve sighs knowing his girlfriend was right.
"Fine." Steve says, pecking her lips multiple times.
"Get out there." Blakeley laughs, pushing Steve away.
Steve smiles at her, before turning around and walking back out front.
Blakeley runs her hand through her hair before placing her hands either side of her on the counter. The smile not leaving her face at all.

~~~~~~~~~~

Blakeley Hayes' younger sister Harper was waiting outside with her friends and girlfriend, waiting for Mike Wheeler, who was late again. Dustin Henderson was away for some camp, but was coming back the next day. Harper and her girlfriend, Max Mayfield, had to keep their relationship on the down low, seeing as there wasn't many, girl and girl relationships. Their was none that was public at least. All their friends and family supported them. Expect Max's older stepbrother Billy. However, Billy did agree not to tell anyone. Even though he may have not liked it, deep down, very deep down, he was happy that his stepsister was happy.
Harper, Max, Lucas Sinclair and Will Byers, were all talking when Mike finally arrived on his bike.
"You're late." Lucas tells him.
"We're gonna miss the openings." Will says.
"Yeah, if you guys keep on whining about it." Mike replies. "Let's go."
"If you guys keep whining about it. 'Nyeh- nyeh- nyeh'." Lucas mocks.
"Just please stop talking dude." Mike tells him.
"Let me guess. You were busy." Lucas says, before making fake kissing sounds.
Ever since Eleven had closed the gate to the 'Upside Down' a few months ago. Mike and Eleven had started dating.
"Oh, yeah. Real mature, Lucas." Mike says sarcastically.
"'Oh, El. I wish we could make out forever and never hang out with any of our friends'." Lucas mocks.
"Lucas, stop." Harper tells him.
"Will thinks it's funny." Lucas says.
"Because it is." Will agrees.
"yeah, it's so funny I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend." Mike says.
"U'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend." Max says quietly, subtly grabbing Harper's hand.
The two girls share a smile.
The group make their way through the crowd multiple people telling them to 'Watch it'.
"Yeah, watch it Nerd." Lucas' sister Erica says, from where she was sat with her friends, eating ice cream.
"Isn't it past you bedtime?" Lucas asks.
"Isn't it time you died?" Erica asks back.
"Psycho!" Lucas says.
"Butthead!" Erica responds.
"Mall Rat!" Lucas shouts.
"Fart Face!" Erica shouts.
Lucas then blows raspberries causing the two girls to turn him around.
"Oh, now that was mature." Harper says.
The group walk into 'Scoops Ahoy'.

Steve had managed to find a way to slip out back again, using the excuse 'they needed more cones'.
Steve and Blakeley were talking, both sat on the counter when they hear the bell ring.
"Hey, dingus, hey, B. You're children are here." Robin calls from the front.
"Why do you get the nice nickname?" Steve asks jumping off the counter.
"She just prefers me." Blakeley says.
Steve turns around and sticks his tongue out at her, as he walks up to the sliding doors that you can use to communicate to the front from the back and vice-visa. Steve sighs before opening them.
"Again? Seriously?" Steve asks.
Blakeley hears Mike ring the bell again, causing her to laugh.
The kids come through the back going straight through.
"I swear, if anybody hears about this-" Steve calls out to them, as they walk through the back passage to the movie theater. They did this all the time so they didn't have to pay.
"We're dead!" The kids all reply.
Steve sighs before going back to Blakeley. Who was eating ice cream.
"Where did you get that?" Steve asks, causing Blakeley to just shrug. "That's your sister."
"I know." Blakeley says.
"We should not be encouraging this." Steve says.
"Oh, look at you. You've turned into such a dad." Blakeley teases taking another bite of her ice cream.
Steve smirks wanting to tease her back, and having the perfect thing to say. But just as he was about to say it, Robin opens the door.
"Can you guys stop flirting." Robin asks, before looking directly at Steve. "Get your ass back out here."
Steve groans walking towards Robin.
"Love you, Rob." Blakeley says.
"Love ya to, B." Robin replies, before walking back out front.
"What about me?" Steve asks, as he gets to the door.
"Guess I love you to." Blakeley says.
"You guess?" Steve asks.
"Yep." Blakeley says. Steve groans before walking back to the front. "Hey, you didn't say it back!"
"Guess I love you to." Steve shouts.
Blakeley smiles once again, before continuing to eat her ice cream.

Two years ago, Blakeley still lived in California and was dating Daniel Adams. If you would have told her two years ago that her parents would get a divorce, she would breakup with Daniel, she would move to Hawkins, Indiana with her mom and sister, she would become close friends with Steve, Nancy Wheeler, Carol and Tommy H, she would fight monsters from an ultimate dimention multiple times, she would be dating Steve. Basically if you told her that anything that had happened over the last two years would happen, she would have called you crazy. But it did happen. And even though it was hard, Blakeley wouldn't change it for the world as it all lead to the life she had now.