064: Victor Creel

The group were stood looking at the wall that Max had seen the clock on

The group were stood looking at the wall that Max had seen the clock on. Nancy and Robin were now with them.
"It was here. Right here." Max says.
"A grandfather clock?" Nancy asks, causing Max to nod.
"It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... woke up." Max says.
"It was like she was in a trance." Blakeley says.
"That's not even the worse part." Max says, before leading the group to Miss Kelley's office. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelley for help.They were both having headaches, bad headaches, that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things. Bad things. From there past, and then these visions, they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended."
"Vecna's curse." Robin says.
"Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred six days ago. I've been having them for five days." Max says. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that... for Fred and Chrissy they both died less then 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."
All of a sudden there was a clang in the distance.
"Stay here." Steve says, before grabbing a lamp and walking out the room.
The others follows through the dark corridor. Out of nowhere someone comes around the corner causing them all to scream. They then see it's Lucas.
"It's me." Lucas shouts.
"Lucas?" Harper asks.
"It's me." Lucas repeats.
"Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?" Steve asks.
"I'm sorry." Lucas says.
"I could've taken you out with this lamp." Steve tells him.
"Sorry, guys. Sorry." Lucas says, panting. "I was... I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second. Shit. We got a code red."
"What?" Blakeley asks.
"Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy, and they've gone completely off the rails." Lucas says. "They're trying to capture Eddie and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger."
"All right, Yeah. That definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems then Jason right now." Dustin says.
"Like what?" Lucas asks, causing the whole group to look at Max.

__________

After leaving the school, Blakeley, Harper and Max go back to the Hayes house. They all decided to sleep in Blakeley's room, wanting none of them to be alone.
Blakeley knew she should tell someone about the fact she was most definitely cursed by Vecna. She had been having nightmares, headaches, nosebleeds and she didn't see it but she heard the clock. But, the group were already worried about Max, she didn't want to worry them even more. Blakeley was listening to the two girls talking. Even though she was annoyed because she wanted to go to sleep, she couldn't help but smile.
"Are you guys ever going to go to sleep?" Blakeley asks.
"Probably not." Harper says, causing Blakeley to lightly laugh.
"I'm just going to go get a drink. I'll be back." Blakeley says.
Blakeley heads to the kitchen and grabs a glass. She walks over to the sink filling it up. As she was taking a sip she looks out the window, there was a flash of lighting and as it disappeared Blakeley saw the outline of the monster from the mall. She gasps, dropping the glass into the sink and stumbling into the counter on the other side. She closes her eyes for a split second, and when she opens them again, it was gone.

__________

The next day, they were all sat in the Wheeler's basement reading some newspapers.
"Okay. Be honest. Uh... do you guys understand any of this?" Steve asks.
"No." Lucas says.
"Pretty straightforward." Dustin says.
"Straightforward really?" Steve asks.
"What's confusing you?" Dustin asks. "So far everyone Vecna has cursed has died, expect for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."
"That's assuming he was cursed, Henderson. Which we don't even know." Blakeley points out.
"How can Vecna have existed back in the 50's? It doesn't make sense." Steve says.
"Far as we know, Eleven didn't create the upside down. She opened a gate to it." Harper points out. "The upside down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs."
"But if a gate didn't exist in the 50's, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas asks.
"And how's he getting through now?" Steve asks.
"And why now? And why then? Just pops out in the 50's, kills one family, and he's like 'I'm good'. And poof, he just disappears. Just... gone?" Blakeley asks. "Only to return 30 years later and start killing random teens? No, I don't buy it."
"Straightforward my ass." Steve says. "You know what, honestly Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you."
"Sorry." Dustin says, Steve sits down and they all sit in silence. "Any idea what she's writing."
Th group looks at Max who was sat at a desk.
"Did she sleep?" Lucas asks.
"I mean, would you?"Harper asks.
The door then opens and Nancy and Robin come down.
"Okay, so... we have a plan." Nancy says.
"Thanks to Nancy's newspaper minions we are now rock- star psychology students at the university of Notre Dame." Robin tells the group.
"I'm now Ruth." Nancy says.
"And I'm Rose." Robin says.
""Ruth?" Blakeley asks, with a small laugh.
"So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak to Victor Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics-" Nancy says.
"To which they said no." Robin says.
"But, we landed a 3 o'clock with the director." Nancy says.
"Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor." Robin says.
"Then maybe we can rid Max of this curse." Nancy says.
"Uh, about that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework. And we have questions." Steve says.
"Lots of questions." Lucas says.
"So do we. Hopefully Victor has the answers." Nancy says.
"Wait, wait... wait a second." Blakeley says. "Where's mine?"

"Nance, you're out of your mind if you think I not coming to talk to Victor Creel." Blakeley tells her best friend, as they walk into Nancy's room.
"Blakeley, I don't know if you remember but, I had to watch you die a few months ago. And I'm sorry but, you're very reckless." Nancy says. "It's better if you stay here."
"Nance..." Blakeley starts.
"Oh my god, you have a Tom Cruise poster?" Robin asks, coming into the room. "You have a Tom Cruise poster."
"That's old. Can you please not touch anything." Nancy says, as Robin starts to look through her stuff.
"I can't do anything here, Nance. Maybe I can be helpful with this asylum director." Blakeley says. "You know I have my ways of getting my own way with people in charge."
"B, we need to convince him we are true academic scholars." Robin says. "Three of us would be to many."
"Then I go with you and Robin stays here. I mean..." Blakeley starts.
"Holy shit. There's a little ballerina in here." Robin says, holding up a jewellery box.
"Academic scholar? She's giving you an academic scholar vibe?" Blakeley asks.
"Ouch." Robin says.
"No, but... she will." Nancy says, holding up a pink dress with frills.
"Please tell me your joking." Robin says.
"Okay, yeah. You guys are on you're own." Blakeley says.
Blakeley salutes her two best friends before leaving the room.