026: Train Track

Harper, Steve and Dustin were walking along the train track

Harper, Steve and Dustin were walking along the train track. The two boys throwing meat on the ground as they were going along.
"All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl... who you just met?" Steve asks.
"Okay, that's grossly over simplifying things." Dustin says.
"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asks.
"An inter-dimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin says.
"It's not really." Harper says.
"Even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just... I don't know I just feel like your trying way too hard." Steve says.
"Big brother Steve coming out." Harper says jokingly.
"Not everyone can have you're perfect hair, all right?" Dustin tells Steve.
"It's not about the hair, man." Steve says.
"Never thought I would hear you say that." Harper says.
"The key with girls is just acting like you don't care." Steve says.
"Even if you do?" Dustin asks.
"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve says.
"You tried that with my sister?" Blakeley asks.
"Yep. Didn't work. But, Blakeley's not like other girls." Steve points out.
"That's true." Harper agrees.
"Then what?" Dustin asks.
"You just wait until, uh... until you feel it." Steve says.
"feel what?" Dustin asks.
"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it but you can feel it, like this, uh, electricity, you know?" Steve says.
"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the could in the atmosphere..." Dustin starts.
"No, no, no, no, no. Like a... like a sexual electricity." Steve says.
"And I'm officially going to be sick." Harper says.
"You feel that then you make your move." Steve tells Dustin, ignoring Harper.
"Steve, we're 12." Harper reminds him.
"So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin questions, also ignoring Harper.
"Oh my god." Harper says annoyed.
"no. Whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo." Steve says.
"Sorry." Dustin says.
"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, want you to be aggressive." Steve says. "You know, strong hot and heavy. Like, uh... I don't know, like a lion."
"A lion? Really?" Harper asks.
"But others you got to be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja." Steve says.
"And a ninja? Really?" Harper says.
"What type is Blakeley?" Dustin asks.
"Yeah, I don't need to hear this. Excuse me." Harper says pushing past the two boys to go up ahead.
"Blakeley's different. She's different then other girls." Steve says.
"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess." Dustin says.
"Yeah, yeah, she is." Steve says, a small smile on his face as he thinks about his girlfriend.
"But this girl's special too, you know." Dustin says, looking up ahead. "It's just like, something about her."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey." Steve says catching Dustin looking at Harper. "You aren't falling in love with Harper are you?"
"Uh, no. No." Dustin says.
"Okay good." Steve says, clearly in protective brother mode. "Don't."
"I won't." Dustin says.
"Wait, have we been talking about Harper the whole time?" Steve asks, Dustin looks at Steve giving him a look saying 'Yes'. "This whole time I thought we were talking about that new girl Max."
"Don't get me wrong. I like her to. But there's just something about Harper. But, I know I have no chance with Harper." Dustin says.
"Yeah, sorry buddy, but you're right. There's no chance. If she's anything like her sister. Which she is a lot." Steve says. "Just don't fall in love with her. She's just going to break your heart and you're both too young for that shit."
"I won't." Dustin replies.
"Faberge." Steve says, seeing Dustin a bit upset.
"What?" Dustin asks.
"It's Faberge Organics." Steve says, pointing to his hair. "Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when you hair's damp..."
"We don't need another Steve Harrington." Harper calls back.
"Have you heard our whole conversation?" Dustin asks.
"Yep." Harper replies, popping the 'P'. Harper turns to face them as she continues to walk backwards. "You're not falling in love, are you?" Harper laughs at the boys faces. "I'm just kidding. Lighten up."
Harper shakes her head laughing, turning around again. Steve and Dustin look at the girl shocked before Steve finishes telling Dustin his hair routine,quietly this time.

The trio were now stood on a hill looking over the junk yard.
"Oh, yeah. This will do." Steve says. "This will do just fine. Good call, dude."
"Good call, dude." Harper mimics Steve, as he walks down the hill.
Harper laughs and shakes her head seeing her Dustin was smiling looking at Steve.
Steve and Dustin through the rest of the meat into a pile.
"I said medium well!" The group turn to see Blakeley, Lucas and Max at the top of the hill.

Harper, Lucas and Harper were hidden behind a car talking while Blakeley, Steve and Max were setting up.
"Hey! Dickheads, Harper! How come the only ones helping me out is this random girl and my girlfriend?" Steve asks.
"You know who Max is." Harper says.
"Not very well." Steve replies. "We lose light in 40 minutes. Let's go. Let's go, I said."
"All right asshole." Dustin says.

They were all done setting up and had about 10 minutes left of light. Blakeley was looking towards the hill for any side of the monster.
"B?" Blakeley turns to see her sister.
"Hey Harps." Blakeley says.
"Where have you been? I've been stuck with your boyfriend." Harper asks.
"I had to help Nancy with something." Blakeley says. "Come on, I'm gonna take you home then come back. I don't want you here when this monester gets here."
"I'm not going anywhere." Harper replies.
"Harps, come on." Blakley says.
"No." Harper says. "I'm staying right here."
"I don't want you to get hurt." Blakeley tells her.
"I know, but I will be fine." Harper tells her.
"Harps..." Blakeley starts.
"You're my sister. Whatever you go through I go through." Harper tells her causing her sister to sigh.
"Okay." Blakeley says.
"Babe, Harps. Come on." Steve says, as Dustin, Lucas and Max get onto the bus they would be hiding in.
Blakeley and Harper share a look, before Blakeley wraps an arm around her sister and they head towards the bus.