071: Lover's Lake

The group follow Dustin through the woods until they get to Lovers Lake

"Oh man. You gotta be shitting me." Steve says.
"Yeah. I thought these woods looked familiar." Eddie says.
"Lover's Lake." Robin says.
"This is confounding." Dustin says.
"There's a gate in Lover's Lake?" Max asks.
"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way." Nancy suggests.
"Yeah, only one way to find out." Steve says.
Steve and Eddie get a boat that they had found in the water. Blakeley, Nancy and Robin get in then Eddie. Dustin goes to get in but Eddie stops him.
"Hey, hey, hey. You trying to sink us? This thing holds four people tops, okay?" Eddie tells him.
"It's better this way. You guys stay here with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble." Blakeley tells them.
"You keep an eye out." Dustin says. "It's my goddamn theory."
"You heard Blakeley." Robin says.
"Who put her in charge?" Dustin asks.
"Are you new here? Blakeley's in charge of all of us. Always had been, always will be." Robin says.
Blakeley gives Dustin a smug smile, which he returns before she sits down.
"Compass." Nancy says.
Dustin sighs before handing her the compass. Steve throws Dustin a bag, before pushing the boat off shore then jumping in.
"You said four!" Dustin says.
"Sorry." Steve whispers.
"Bedtime at Nine, kiddos." Blakeley shouts.
Robin stands up waving.
"Miss you already!" Robin shouts.

The group were moving through the water. Eddie and Robin were paddling, Blakeley and Steve were using her flashlights to see into the water, and Nancy was watching the compass.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down. Slow down, guys." Nancy tells them.
Blakeley looks to see the compass going crazy.
"Guys, what's going on?" Dustin asks, over the radio. "Come on, guys. Talk to me. What's going on?"
"Uh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'Aah!'" Robin tells him.
Blakeley looks to see Steve taking off his socks.
"Steve, what are you doing?" Blakeley asks.
"Somebody's gotta go down and check this out." Steve says. "Unless one of you four can top being a Hawkins High swim co- captain and a certified lifeguard for three years, then... it's gotta be me. No complaints, all right?"
"Hey, I'm not complaining." Eddie says. "I do not want to go down there."
Steve takes his shirt off. Robin and Nancy smile at each other as they catch Blakeley checking him out.
Eddie wraps the flashlight in a bag before handing it to Steve.
"Steve." Blakeley says, causing Steve to look at her. "Be careful."
Steve nods at her before jumping into the water.

After a while Steve pops back up out of the water, causing Blakeley, Nancy, Robin and Eddie to jump.
"I found it." Steve tells them.
"You found it?" Nancy asks.
"I found it. Yeah, I found it." Steve says.
"Dustin, you goddamn Einstein, Steve found the gate." Robin says into the walkie talkie.
"It's pretty wild." Steve says. "It's more a snack size get than the mama gate, but still, it's pretty damn big."
All of a sudden Steve disappears into the water, he comes back up and looks at the group before disappearing again.
"Steve!" They all shout.
"What the hell was that, man?" Eddie asks.
"Blakeley, really what happened?" Robin asks.
Blakeley stands up.
"Wait. Wait wait. You're not going in there, are you?" Eddie asks her.
"Just wait here." Blakeley tells them.
"No, Blakeley!" Nancy and Robin shout.
"Blakeley!" Eddie shouts.
Blakeley jumps in the water and swims down to the bottom.