(106) Ringing in 2019 - Part 6

Hello Readers: And welcome to another day of chapters. I hope that you guys have been enjoying my New Year's Eve chapters so far, and that you guys are ready for some more chapters. Thanks again for reading.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Selfishly, I wanted to have a daughter named Shay Casey."

Casey Primary Suite – 9:25 PM
The idea that Gabby was being selfish when she said that she wanted to have a daughter first, a daughter to name after her best friend Elizabeth Shay; that was something that Matt could never fault her for, especially not when he wanted the same thing. But rather, he wanted to have a son named after his late best friend; which is something that they're doing thanks to the middle name that they chose for one of their sons, more specifically the one that they are going to name after himself. As you know, the couple have already settled on the names of their sons. Their names are going to be Gabriel James Casey (whose namesake will be his loving mother, Gabriela Marie Casey), and Matteo Andrew Casey (whose namesake will be his loving father, Matthew James Casey; along with his late best friend, Andrew Darden). Which is why, they are specifically not using the Hispanic version of the name Andrew (that being Andres). In fact, it was a condition of using Andy's name.

When Gabby wanted to name their son after his late best friend, she originally wanted to do Matteo Andres Casey; but Matt objected to the way that Gabby wanted to honor his late best friend, as he didn't want to use any other name that his late best friend's name as a middle name; and that's the reason why their son Matteo's middle name will be Andrew, rather than Andres. But back to what Gabby was saying, how she wanted to have a daughter named Shay Casey. For him to want to honor his late best friend, but to not let her honor her late best friend; that would be selfish, and hypocritical of him. And that is the exact reason WHY they are going to name their daughter Shay Casey in the future, which Matt is going to tell his wife immediately; he's going to tell her right now so that she doesn't have to worry that they aren't going to name their hypothetical future daughter after Shay. In fact, he wants to name their daughter after Shay too as he loves the name.

And that was another thing that he wants to tell Gabby, but he's also going to remind her that they need to do it fast before Kelly and Stella have a chance to do it; especially when Kelly's going to try and do it first, which is something that he refuses to let him do. He was married first, he had kids first, and he wants to name their kids after their departed love ones; their loved ones that they lost far too son, prior to them having a chance to do so. "Okay, just look at me okay baby." Gabby agreed with her loving husband when he told her that, proceeding to look at the man she loves; after all, she was well aware of the fact that he was about to talk to her about the thing that she was worried about at the moment. She was worried about Matt not being okay with them naming their (hypothetical) future daughter after her late best friend, even though that's something that she wants to do more than anything in the entire world as it would mean the world to her.

She hates the fact that her best friend never got a chance to meet their kids, and that's why she wants to name their kids after their departed love ones; so that it can feel like they get a chance to meet them, by being honored in their names whenever they say them. And that's because it will make them thinking about them, the friends that they lost far too son; each and every time that they say their children's names, the children that they are going to love more than anything in the whole wide world. And that's simply because they are going to be just that, they are going to be their children; which is something that both herself and Matt have wanted for the longest time. They have wanted to have kids, and are finally going to be having the children that they have always wanted. But now, it's not time for Gabby to think about all of this; rather, it's time for her to listen to what her loving husband has to tell her this evening as it seems quite important to him.