(43) Through Sickness and in Health, It's In the Vows

Hello readers, I hope you enjoyed Chapter 42 and their reunion with their friends. However, I have decided that I don't want their stay at Molly's to be all that long; after all, Matt does have work in the morning...and Gabby's pregnant with their twins. Therefore, I am now going to be writing my first post-Molly's chapter right now. Please, enjoy the chapter.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

His wife was currently standing in the shower, just rinsing off this evening shortly after they got home from the bar (where the food did not agree with her this evening). The reason that Matt knew that? She ended up vomiting all over the ground, getting a bit of it on his nice jeans that he was wearing his evening. And ever since that happened, she has been feeling guilty; especially over the fact that it was only 6 pm, and they were already home when she knew that her loving husband would much rather be at the bar with their friends. In fact, Gabby specifically told him that...if he wanted to go back to the bar after he got her set up here at home, then she would be absolutely okay with that; in fact, she wanted him to do that. But that was not what the captain planned on doing tonight. Rather, he had plans to do something else for his wife. He had plans to be here with her as he took care of the woman he loves, which is what he's vowed to do for the rest of his life.

He vowed to love her through sickness, and in health; and that means that he has to take care of her when she's sick, especially when she's sick due to the fact that she's currently pregnant with their children. And since those children are not just HER children, that means that he has to be here to take care of her; anyways, there's nowhere that he'd rather be other than here with her. He wants to take it easy with her, and just hold her close ahead of his shift tomorrow. Another thing that he wants to do tonight? He wants to join his wife in the shower, and hold her in his arms so that he can wash her; and he also wants to talk to her about she's his priority, for the rest of his life. And that's especially the case when she's pregnant with their children. That means that he's really going to take care of her, and he can't wait to tell her just that in the shower. Proceeding to walk into the bathroom, Matt smirked as he looked at the woman he loves as she was naked.

And damn, does she look good when she's naked; she's absolutely stunning when she's naked, and he can't wait to hold that beautiful wife of his in his arms. He wants to make her feel loved, and he wants to make her feel beautiful; both of which she always is, and always will be for the rest of their lives. However, he has a feeling that she may not feel that way at the moment; especially when she just embarrassed herself in front of their friends, or so she thinks. The truth was, she didn't do that at all; rather, their friends were all understanding that she'd be sick...so understanding, that Boden said that he could skip shift if Gabby wasn't feeling good in the morning. And he definitely appreciated the offer, but he knew better; he knew that Gabby was going to make him go to work, and she was going to come in with him. Well, that just means that he needs to make sure that she gets as much rest as possible today. After all, she does need to take it easy for a while.

And he's not just talking for her sake, but for the sake of their children; regardless of the gender of their children, all Matt wants is for them to be happy and healthy. And as far as he knows so far, that's exactly what their children are. They're happy and healthy in their mother's uterus (where they are currently growing). And that makes both him, and his wife smile on a daily basis; but something else that's going to make his wife smile, is him joining her in the shower this evening. So, he has plans to do just that; especially when he's as turned on as he is right now, and really craving just the little bit of attention that he wants to get from his wife tonight. He doesn't plan on making love to her tonight, rather he's going to be wearing a t-shirt when they're in bed with each other; it's his way of sending Gabby the message that he loves her, and wants her to be healthy more than he wants to make love to her. He doesn't need sex tonight; he needs her to be healthy.