Chapter Fifteen

Hey Readers: I hope you guys enjoyed the start to this leg of the road trip, and the banter that happened between the husband and wife when it came to what she shared on the post. What do you guys think of these blog posts? Do you like the fast that I both post them individually, and then have them talk about it? And do you just want it to be Gabby who does the posts? Just let me know what you guys think. But for now, it's time for me to write chapter 15 of the story.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So, what do you think about what I posted on the blog so far? Did I post too much for you?" Now, that was the million dollar question; whether his wife posted too much for him to be comfortable with the amount that she shared on her blog, the blog that she's sure that she already shared the link with their friends. God, this is going to be an interesting conversation; and he has to do it while also concentrating on the road that was taking them to Miami (and Puerto Rico) via Ohio and the Carolinas. But still, he has to say that Gabby did write amazing. Wait, that's the right place to start. They always say, start with a compliment, and then do the criticism. So, that's exactly what Matt's going to do. "Okay, I have to say that you are a great writer." Gabby laughed when she heard Matt say that, well aware of the fact that he was doing the whole criticism sandwich. "You're doing the criticism sandwich thing aren't you?" Matt was confused when he heard that. "What are you talking about?" Gabby just looked at her husband, smirking at him. "Compliment, Criticism, Compliment."

Matt sighed when he heard Gabby say that, as that was exactly what he planned on doing. "God, that was exactly what I planned on doing. But just because that's what I plan on doing, doesn't mean that it's not the truth." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that, smiling as she was just happy that Matt was giving her the compliment. "But just tell me the truth baby. Did you think that I posted too much when it came to what happened between us? If you aren't okay with what I posted, I will change it." Matt took a breath when Gabby asked him if he wanted her to change something. "Well, that's the thing Gabby; this is your project, and I don't want to stop you from doing something that you really like doing. Or at least, that it seems like you enjoy doing." Gabby agreed with Matt when he asked her if she enjoys posting the post that she posted to the blog yesterday. "The truth was, I did like it. I just opened my heart, and it felt natural to post that much." Matt agreed with Gabby when she told him that it felt natural. "You see, here's the thing; nobody in my family knows."

Gabby turned her head when Matt said that, as she was a bit confused. "You mean..." Matt nodded. "I didn't tell my sister just what was happening in between the both of us, because I was in denial." Gabby was confused when she heard Matt say that, not exactly understanding what he was in denial about. "You were in denial? About what baby?" Matt took a breath when Gabby asked him what he was in denial about. "I was in denial over the fact that there was a chance that we could really fail." Gabby looked at her husband when she heard him say that, seeing that he was worried about that. "Is that worrying you baby? After the idea of us failing?" Matt nodded when Gabby asked him whether he was worried, worried about the idea of them (and their marriage) failing. "The truth is Gabby, I am scared; and I hate admitting that. Heck, it's the real first time that I've really said it in public." Gabby nodded, agreeing with Matt as he said that, just letting him that to her since she had a feeling that he's been needing to talk to her about this for a while; and he has to tell you the truth.

"Gabby, I hate to point out the obvious but...has it not occurred to you that we're the only ones in our family who are still married?" Gabby then thought about it, taking a breath. "My dad's dead, my sister's divorced...not that I blame her. God, I still hate Jim to this day. Now, in your family, your parents are divorced; and your brother got divorced too. Gabby, I hate to say this but...that does put a lot of pressure on me, especially in my situation." Gabby was confused when she heard Matt say that. "Why especially in your situation baby?" Matt sighed. "Because I don't want to turn into my dad,, and that..." Gabby just went to stop Matt in his tracks, not wanting him to even think that way. "Hey, you take that back...and you don't even think that way baby. Don't you dare think that will ever happy. Baby, you're nothing like your father. And that's just a fact that you can't even dispute. You are nothing like your father." Matt sighed. "I couldn't tell when I yelled at you in May." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that. "Is that one of the reasons you have so much guilt over that baby?"