(65) Welcome to Paradise

Hi Readers: Sorry, but I decided to switch things up again. However, I was losing ideas for the path I was taking with the storyline; so, I decided that I would go back and revise the storyline so that I could keep this story going for as long as possible as that's my goal. My goal is to make this story as long as I possibly can, and that was not where the storyline that I was following at the time was leading me. Rather, I was stuck and not ready to continue with that storyline. However, that doesn't mean that I'm giving up on the story; it just means that I'm not continuing the story in the direction that I was previously following before I deleted the chapters. I hope that you guys understand, and like the new direction I'm taking this story that I truly do love writing for you guys. Now, enough with the long note to you guys. Time to get to sixty-five.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

December 1st, 2018 – Casey Home, Honolulu
She actually did it again, she got the lifelong Chicago resident out of Chicago for the second time in two months; and that was impressive considering Matt never thought that he'd ever want to leave Chicago. Rather, he was determined to be a Chicago guy for the rest of his life. But that was no longer the case, as he was not a Chicago guy at the end of the day; instead, he was Gabby's guy, he was Gabby's husband. With all the drama, and the stress that came with being in Chicago for his wife; Matt just knew that this was really what she needed right now. She needed to be away from the city, and she needed to be with him as they made sure that the pregnancy was as easily as possible for the both of them. And if they were in Chicago, they both already knew that was never going to be possible for the simple reason that it was going to put a lot of stress on her body (and therefore, the pregnancy). And since Matt desperately wants to be a dad, he had no choice.

He had no choice but to pack up his life (again) and leave with his wife, leave with her to go somewhere they could both take it easy and await the arrival of their children. But there was one thing that the pending father had no idea about, and that was the return date. While he does have a job set up for January in Chicago (at the academy), he just doesn't know whether he can do that right now; whether he can put the dream that he and Gabby have always wanted at risk again. He has no idea what the stress that comes with being in Chicago could possibly do to Gabby, or their children; so he's scared to see just what could happen if they go back. And that's why he told the CFD that he didn't know what his future plans were, other than the fact that he felt like he needed to get away with his wife; and that he needed to not work so that he can concentrate on her rather than having to worry about how he's going to provide for her (and their future children).

And God, he just really loves his bosses. They really came through for him, and they set him up with a great job. And what job might that be? Well, while he's in Hawaii...he's going to (1) be doing Chief courses once again as part of the future chiefs program, and (2) he's going to be teaching a virtual class to future captains about everything that comes with being a Captain. He's going to be able to do it virtually, and he loves that; and not just because it means that they can stay in Hawaii for quite a long time, but because it means that he can record lectures ahead of time and publish them on the site that they are using to teach the future captains (they are all doing it online since they are also lieutenants). That's the pre-requisite for being part of the class, they have to be officers in the CFD already to sign up for the course. And, if they are interested in moving up the ranks, they have the ability to sign up for the courses that they can do part-time. And that sounds nice.

But that's not the only course that he's going to be teaching, as he will also be teaching a similar course to the one he's teaching for captains to firefighters who wish to take the lieutenants exam; and that's going to be a real flashback to what he had to study. He hasn't really gone through all of those material in ages, so he has to really read up; and that was exactly what the husband (and future father) was currently doing while his beautiful wife was still fast asleep in their rental home upstairs. God, he's still amazed that they were able to get a home so fast; they got it within a week, and that meant that they got to move here yesterday. And while he does need to unpack still, he didn't want to do it right now as Gabby was still asleep (as you know); and it's also because this was the perfect time for him to just get his things ready for January. And that's really nice, just some quiet time ahead of Gabby wanting to go explore today. That's their plans, at the beach.