Gabby Casey's Travel Blog

Hi Readers: I just thought of something that I wanted to do for the trip. However, I am not sure what you guys might think of these chapters. So, I want to get some feedback on these chapters that I'm going to write for you guys. If you guys like them, then I will definitely try and keep writing them for you. If not, well we'll see what happens. But for now, let's just get to what I have decided to try and write for you. I hope you enjoy this, and want me to continue this. Let me know.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Matt & Gabby Casey's Trip Across America – Day 1

October 6, 2018 – Chicago, Illinois to Cleveland, Ohio
Welcome readers, I hope that you guys had a great day yesterday; and I just want to introduce you guys to just what this blog that you have found here on the internet. First, I am going to introduce myself to you; and then, I will explain to you guys just what this blog is all about; and I am also going to tell you the reason why I am writing this blog. Well, let's start with the introductions that I have for you. My name is Gabriela Casey, the wife of Former Chicago Alderman for the 23rd Aldermanic Ward on the City Council. And just recently, we have decided to travel across America together in an RV. Our final destination? Well, we aren't exactly sure yet. All we know is that we enjoyed yesterday, and it's been perfect so far. After a rough start to our marriage, and an especially hard 2018 for the both of us; we both decided to take time away from our lives as first responders in the City of Chicago to just take it easy and concentrate on our marriage for a while. And that's why I have decided to write this blog. I want to document just where we've been so far, and what we've experienced.

Now, I hope to get some posts out to you on a regular basis; but I do not know when I will get a chance. I am, in fact, writing this post about our first day on the road on what's our second day on the road; so, let's just clarify that. But enough wasting time explaining that's obvious now. That this blog is about our travels, and when I am writing it. If you're here, you're here to read about the journey that we're taking across America. Well, let's start on where we left from. Yesterday morning, we left from Chicago with an original destination of New York City. Well, that was the plan until we got to Cleveland. In Cleveland, we decided that we no longer wanted to go to New York City. The reason for that? Well, it's due to the fact that it's going to be cold. So, we're now on our way to Miami after a couple stops. Our first stops? Ann Arbor, Detroit, Toledo, and Cleveland. God, the ways that me and Matt experienced these places were so different; and the pictures were cute.

Especially the pictures that I have from places where my husband told me that he just HAD to visit during our trip. The first place that he told me that he HAD to visit, was the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor. So, that was where we went; so that we could visit Michigan Stadium. My husband is a huge football fan (go Bears!) and he actually knew a bunch of facts about this stadium that I never knew. He may not call himself a geek, but I will definitely call him a geek when it comes to this. He knew how old the stadium is, how there's these huge chants that they have, and how stadiums aren't made like this anymore. Driving up to the stadium, I tried to see if we would be able to get in (as I knew that was definitely something that he wanted to do). But unfortunately, you aren't able to visit the stadium; nor are you able to get in. So, we had to settle for something else. We got as close to it as possible, and I took this picture of Matt in front of the stadium.

Insert Picture of Matt in front of Michigan Stadium, and Insert Picture of Matt & Gabby in front of Michigan Stadium

And of course, he wasn't just content with him having a picture in front of the stadium; he wanted me to join him in one of the pictures, so I obliged and gave him what he wanted (well, one of the things he wanted). He wanted me to take a picture with him in front of the stadium, and I obliged. But it wasn't just going to be any picture. I wanted a nice picture of me and my loving husband sharing a kiss in front of the stadium. So, that was exactly what the two of us did. We shared a kiss in front of the stadium. And let's just say this, he got a bit handsy. It was crazy, and it made me jump. I swear, ladies; if you want to get a man excited, just take him to this stadium...and you're going to get a bunch of attention from him the night after you visit. Honestly, we had a bunch of fun; and I was glad that we went here to explore the city. And of course, we didn't just explore the campus. We also ended up taking a look around the city, and it was an amazing sight. The city was beautiful.