Chapter Forty

Hi Readers: Sorry the last chapter was so short, and I'm sorry that it took such a turn. (Oh, and that the story's name changed once again). I just...I had the idea and I wanted to write it. Now, I am going to be implementing a bit of a time jump, a time jump of 1 month to be more specific. So, here are the things that we now know. (1) It's been confirmed that they are having twins, (2) Matt and Gabby are happy about the fact that they are having twins; but they have yet to find out the gender (but they feel like it's girls). Now, onto Chapter 40; our first chapter since they moved home. Surprise!
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Casey Home, Chicago – November 21st, 2018
She was now 11 weeks pregnant, and you could tell; you could clearly tell that the beautiful woman standing in front of the mirror was (obviously) pregnant. Pregnant with her and her husband's first children. The children that the two of them have wanted for the longest time now. But now, they were both just taking it in stride. However, that doesn't mean that the entire pregnancy has been easy. With Gabby now nearing the end of her first trimester, the couple are hoping that it'll do wonders for how Gabby feels each and every morning. But, just what are they talking about? Well, they're talking about the morning sickness that she suffers from each and every morning. And it's truly painful for Matt. Sure, Gabby is the one that's going through it; but for Matt to just sit there and not be able to do anything to help, it kills him. He just wishes that there was something that he could do and make it feel better. But unfortunately, there wasn't anything that Matt could say or do that would make Gabby feel better when she's in the midst of having morning sickness; and he hates it. And the truth was, Gabby knew that he hated it. She could tell that her husband was hurting every time that he had to watch her be sick.

And that was actually why Matt was a bit hesitant to the idea of them going out, going out to Molly's and surprising them all that they're here (and that they're moving back). Yes, you just heard that right. The couple agreed that they wanted to move back for the rest of the pregnancy, well more like Matt said that he wanted to. And there was a reason for it. Over the past month, Gabby's passed out from heat exhaustion three times; and that was not something that Matt was okay with. So, Matt told Gabby that they were going to give their home back to the charity...and they were going to move home for her health. And at the end of the day, Gabby agreed that it was the best move for the both of them. So now, against her best judgment, they were now back in Chicago...and Matt was once again going to be working at the fire department. However, there was something that she made sure that he needed to promise her. They would still help with fundraising whenever there was one nearby, and they will be in the future; so that makes her really excited that she gets the best of everything. She gets to raise kids with her husband in Chicago, and she gets to give back to Puerto Rico by fundraising.

So, this is going to be perfect. And the truth is, she thinks that their time away was really all they needed. They just needed to take that time away and work on their marriage, before she would be okay living here again. Heck, the truth was that she was actually really happy to be home with her husband. She was glad that this is where they are at the moment. And even better, that they're going to be having kids here. Thank God they didn't order much furniture in Puerto Rico. And if there was any ordered, they were able to cancel it before they shipped it. But now, they just have to fill this home with a bunch of furniture for their children...and that's going to be a lot of fun. Let's just say this though, she's already getting that rocking chair that she had her eyes on. Oh, and another thing? Matt made sure to ship his truck over from Puerto Rico. Oh boy, when Gabby said that they were going to leave his truck there; he was not really happy. He said it wasn't happening, or that it would be happening over his dead body. Which is something that was now a possibility as he's going back to the CFD.

Taking a breath, Gabby tried to concentrate on the fact that Matt promised her that he'd be safe; as that was what was going to get her through the next couple of months. The months leading up to the birth of their children. Plus, it's not like she doesn't know that the man she loves will be extremely safe; she knows Matt, and she knows that he'll make sure that he's safe for the sake of their children. He wants to be a dad more than anything in the entire world. So, for him to put that at risk of happening...well, that would just be completely out of character for Matt. It's going to be something that Matt will never do. Rather, he's going to make sure that he's there at all costs. And that was exactly what Matt was prepared to tell her every single day for the rest of their lives, amongst other things. Some of those things also included that they could change their plans. He hasn't made it conclusive with Chief Boden, and he's got wiggle room if Gabby changes her mind. However, them not moving back is something they aren't going to stop; after all, they did bring all of their bags along. And that includes the dress that she was wearing for her husband tonight, the tight dress she was wearing for him.