Chapter Eight

Hello Readers:
I apologize for not posting until now, and I hope you know that this will in fact mean that there are less updates than normal today. I hope though, that I can give you some quality updates that you will enjoy. Plus, I really liked where we ended the last chapter; so I am definitely going to pick up right there. Now, let's not waste time with that long of a readers' note. Rather, let's get started with a new chapter for you guys...a chapter that might include a hard conversation.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Eight
Our Surrogacy Savings and Changing Plans

'He doesn't want to hurt you. He's just doing what he thinks is right based on the situation that you find yourselves in at the moment, based on the information that he currently has.' That was the thought that was going through the paramedic's mind as she thought about what her husband told her just now, the thing about how Matt's been picking up more construction jobs recently...and putting the money in a new savings account. A savings account under the name of 'Our Surrogacy Savings'. And the truth was, Gabby just didn't know what to think now. And that was why she was staying quiet and watching as they drove into the city limits of Detroit, Motor City USA. The reason the city has that title? It's due to the fact that a majority of North America's car manufacturers are based here in Detroit. Ford, Chrysler, etc. all have main manufacturing plants here in Detroit; and it was their major industry. In fact, it was the major industry for the entire state.

The entire state of Michigan's economy is basically based on it being the car capital of the world, and that's understandable based on the fact that it has all of these headquarters. But, at the same time, she knew that she couldn't just stay quiet about this; she had to answer what her husband spoke to her about with something, or else he'd get more worried than he is right now. But, at the same time...she feels like she has a right to be silent for a moment; to digest all of the news that Matt just gave to her right now. Heck, does she even want to talk about this? That's when the silence was finally broken in between the husband and wife, with Matt deciding to speak first so that he can make sure that they get the conversation on the right path. "I made a mistake, didn't I?" Turning her head when her husband said that, seemingly shocked that he was believing that he made a mistake. "Hey, don't think that way baby." Matt took a breath when he heard Gabby say that.

He then looked at her, and just got worried as to what she said. He didn't want to make her feel bad, but he just knew that what he told her must've hurt her. He can tell because of how quiet she's been since he mentioned it. "I know I made a mistake, because I didn't talk to you about making the account." Gabby shook her head when Matt said that, proceeding to grab his hand. "Hey, look at me." Matt nodded as he turned to look at his wife, smiling at her for a moment. "Did you do this because you were scared?" Matt took a breath when Gabby said that, not really wanting to blame it on that. "I hate blaming it on fear all the time. That's not fair to either of us, especially not when it's stuff that we need to decide together. And, I mean, this is money. We need to talk about this, are you okay that I budgeted this for a while?" Gabby took a breath when she heard him ask her if she's okay with the fact that he budgeted money for surrogacy without telling her.

"Baby, it was your money." Matt shook his head. "No, it's our money baby. It's money that we share, because we're husband and wife. That's a fact that we both need to realize. There's no more 'my things' and 'your things'. We're Mr. and Ms. Casey; and that means we share everything, up to and including our last name." Gabby laughed when she heard Matt say that. "Yeah, we are still going to talk about that; aren't we?" Matt nodded when Gabby said that. "I know, it's up to you. But I am just thinking about it." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that. "Just curious, whose name did you put on the account for the savings?" Matt smiled. "It's in both of our names." Gabby agreed. "Well, I'm glad; because it's for our baby. I am just not sure what to say, because I guess...it's a lot to take in." Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that, understanding why it would be a lot to take in. "And I get that, and I am really sorry that's the case. I should've..."