(50) A Dawson Thanksgiving - Part One

Well, that was a quick turn of events. I know that it wasn't exactly something that you expected, but I just realized that it's US Thanksgiving Day in my story; and that means that I can do that right now. Plus, it means that I can get more family characters involved for the first time. More specifically, I can get Eva and Diego involved in the story. Hope you enjoy and sorry for the long delay in between posts. I got distracted from what I was doing. Now, onto Chapter FIFTY!
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Her husband looked quite handsome as he proudly wore the nice suit jacket that his wife recently got for him, even though this was not it's original purpose. The original purpose? It was going to be used as part of a hypothetical future fundraising outfit, if they were going to do it. But for now, him wearing it to her family's Thanksgiving celebration was something nice. Also, it was the perfect outfit to wear when it's only two in the afternoon. And that was something that concerned the wife, whether her husband was ready to stay for a while. I mean, they are here quite early; and are they really going to stay all afternoon. Yes, the wife did bring some comfortable clothes along with her (as well as wearing a tight dress to show off her baby bump); but she still didn't want to make her husband feel like they NEED to be here. If he didn't want to be here that long, then that was fine. However, Matt had other things on his mind at the moment. More specifically, how he was going to say the same thing to his wife; the woman whom he knows loves to spend time with her family, whenever she can.

And that didn't just mean her biological family, it also included her firehouse family; they were really close, and he was really glad that he had them. But right now, they had a real opportunity to spend some time with his in-laws. And he hoped that Gabby would be bouncing off the walls, happy about that; but she wasn't, and you know why. So, they were going to talk about it; starting with Gabby bringing up the topic of conversa  tion that she wants to talk about as a way to allow her husband to concentrate on the snow-covered, icy roads this afternoon. "Baby, I want to let you know that we don't have to stay long." Snickering when Gabby said that, Matt was a bit taken aback that she was the one who was mentioning that to him; especially when he was (as you know) just thinking the same thing moments earlier. "Baby, I mean it we...." Matt then went to stop his wife, wanting to calm her down. "Okay, take a breath and just relax baby." Gabby agreed with Matt.

Taking a breath for him this afternoon, Gabby put her hands on her stomach as she rubbed it. "Baby, you have a chance to spend Thanksgiving with your family. We're not working, and we have this chance. Plus, I wouldn't mind talking to Antonio." Gabby was confused when she heard Matt say that, turning her head. "And why's that. Oh god, did he slip..." Matt shook his head when he heard his wife say that, not wanting to make her worry as to whether her brother broke his sobriety on drugs. "No, no. I just...we haven't spoken since the whole coming back stuff, and the uh..." Gabby laughed. "When he caught us skinny dipping in the pool." Matt nodded as he proceeded to scratch the back of his head. "Yeah, that. But yeah, we haven't spoken since then and...I thought it'd be nice to catch up. See where he's landed, and we can just...I can get ideas on maybe what I could expect for the future when it comes to a pregnancy." Gabby looked at him, laughing.

"I know, it's a hard topic to talk about. It's just...we haven't ever gone far in a pregnancy, and I have no idea what to expect. Let alone what to expect with a twin pregnancy, so I just wanted to talk to him; and I wanted to hear from him what he did when Laura was pregnant, and maybe I can get some hints." Gabby laughed when her husband asked her that, smiling. "I really like the sound of that baby, and that's sweet of you. But I am going to rest, and take it easy." Matt nodded when he heard his wife say that, glad that was what she planned to do. "Good, because that was what I was going to tell you to do anyways..." Matt said, making the turn his GPS just told him to take. Yes, they are using a GPS as this is the first time that they've driven from their new home to Gabby's mother's place. But back to the conversation. "...I don't want you to get too stressed, nor do I want you to ever feel uncomfortable. And you can wear the sweats whenever you want to wear them."