Chapter Forty-One: Welcome Home

Hi Readers: What did you guys think of the surprise that I had for you guys? Do you guys like that we're back in Chicago now? Let me know what you guys think in the comments. But for now, it's time to reveal the surprise to their friends.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The couple were both really happy at the moment, happy to finally be home; home where they belong with each other. Home with their friends. The place where they both belong. It's just perfect, and them being pregnant at the same time is even better; God, just them having a baby here in Chicago is going to be incredible. So far, their life back here has been nice; and it's even better that her brother agreed to move home too. He understood why they had to move back too. They needed to move back because the hospital would be better suited for a twin pregnancy. That, and she wants to have her friends around her as they go through this pregnancy. God, that has to be the best part of being home, the fact that they're going to go through the rest of the pregnancy with their friends. "So, do you need to talk to Chief Boden tonight?" Matt smiled. "I told him that we were coming, so he's going to bring me some outfits." Gabby agreed with Matt, smiling.

"If you want me to hold on to them while you share a drink with Severide, then I can." Matt agreed with Gabby as he kept his arm wrapped around her shoulders, holding her hand with their fingers intertwined. "Are you sure baby? I don't need to drink if you don't want me to drink. I can just concentrate on you and the kids, which I know you want me to do." Gabby laughed when she heard Matt say that. "Baby, we both know that you've been dying to have a beer without having to worry about my brother being around." Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that, well aware of exactly what she was talking about; he then took a breath, sighing as that was not something that he looked to think about. "I hate that I have to do that Gabby, but I just want to do whatever I can to make sure that he recovers." Gabby agreed with Matt when he told her that, smiling. "And that's why you're such an amazing brother-in-law baby, and he appreciates that a lot. He's going to like it."

Matt agreed with Gabby when she said that. "I'm just glad that we don't have a pool here in Chicago, I still can't get what he did to us out of my head. Heck, I've come to lock the door more often when we want to take a bath with each other." Gabby laughed when she heard Matt say that, well aware that he was still nervous over the idea of her brother walking in. "I know exactly what you mean. But I promise, I'm going to make sure that he stays away. And he's not going to bother us when he really needs to be working on his sobriety. Plus, he still needs to find a job if he moves. I'm not sure whether he wants to go back to Intelligence if he does move back, because Voight was causing him stress." Matt laughed when he heard Gabby say that. "Well, that's the thing. You need to stay away from him while you're pregnant. He's bad news, and I'm not putting you at risk." Gabby agreed. "And you need to stay away from investigations Captain." Matt agreed.

"Except for OFI investigations. I promise, if you're ever starting to get too worried...you just tell me, and I'll transfer to OFI. I promise babe, we're going to put your pregnancy first. If fires stress you out to much, then I'm going to switch." Gabby agreed with her (loving) husband when he said that. "I'm going to keep that in the back of my mind, because I'm sure that I'm going to need to worry about that at some point." Matt shook his head. "You're never going to have to worry about that, because I will talk to Stella and make sure that she keeps me alive; I'm going to meet our daughters." Gabby agreed with Matt when he said that. "It's going to be nice having my best friend on Truck with you." Matt smiled when he said that. "And I'm sure that Severide's going to do the same for me and keep me safe." That's when Matt heard his best friend's voice. "Yeah, if you're the newest transfer onto Truck 81...then you better bet that you're not going to have me keeping..."

That's when Gabby turned to look at the Lieutenant, letting go of Matt's hand in the process. "What's this about you not making sure that my husband survives to meeting our twins!"
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX