Ain't That A Kick In The Head

"That's it?Kinda makes you look fierce." Maggie says as they all look at Amelia.

"Are you sure you don't want me to call mom?" Ava says looking at her older sister.

"No.She didn't come for my wedding.She doesn't get to come for my tumor." Amelia says to them as Ava nods understanding.
~
"I'll go in through a subfrontal craniotomy,real clean,small incision in the dura,and then scoop the tumor out.I don't like the edema around the tumor,
but I got to dance with the girl who brought me, so... I imagine you have questions." Tom Koracick says to all of them.

"Yeah, uh, how many of these have you done?" Bailey asks him.

"So, so many." He says as Amelia looks at her sister rolling her eyes as Ava smiles at her.

"And what's the recovery time?" Richard asks him.

"I took a 13-centimeter tumour out of a cop in roughly the same place.He was walking day one,
talking day three,back at work end of the week,so..." he tells them.

"Thank you, Tom." Amelia says to him.

"Yeah.See you at the after party." He says as he walks out.

"He seems arrogant enough." Maggie says to Amelia.

"He's a showboat.And he works best under pressure, so, DeLuca,ask him questions during surgery, make him show off.And if I make it through..." Amelia says as Ava furrows her eyebrows.

"When you make it through." Owen says to his wife.

"Early ambulation protocol." Deluca says to her.

"Thank you.Okay. Meredith, if I die..." she says looking at her sister in law.

"You are not going to die." Meredith tells her.

"But if I do, you call my mom.I'm sorry, but she likes you. And Ava shouldn't do it a second time." Amelia says as everyone looks at the Shepherd sisters as Ava looks at the floor.

"And, you, take my room.It is way better.I kind of scammed you on that." Amelia says looking at Maggie.

"Stop it." Maggie says to her.

"No, she's right. It's way better." Alex agrees with her.

"Owen, if I'm gorked,do not overthink it,do not visit me.Just park me somewhere and go on with your life." Amelia says looking at her husband.

"Amelia, cut it out." Ava says to her older sister.

"And if I need unplugging,April has been named my power of attorney." Amelia says as they all look at April.

"W-Was I supposed to say no?" April says to them.

"She likes me.She will be there for you.But we're not so close that she'll let emotion dictate her decision.
I don't know what's me and what's tumor talking, but, um...In this moment,I love you people tremendously." Amelia says looking at them all.
~
Ava walked in as Jackson looked up as he was giving the kids their dinner. "Hey I didn't expect you back tonight." He says as she puts her stuff down.

"Uhh yeah the surgery went okay and Meredith is staying with her tonight I said we can switch off nights Alex and Maggie have her kids so i just need to see you guys." She says as kisses her kids head and places a kiss on Jackson's lips.

"Hey sit down I'll get you some food." He says to her as Ava sits next to Harry who was in his high chair as he smiles at her.

"Mommy i made a card for auntie Amelia." Mark says as he walks over to his mom as she picks him up sitting him in her lap.