One step too far

Ava walked into the lab where Mark and Jackson were as she had brought them a coffee each.

"If we see my mother...We're buried with work today.And... you're sorry, but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?" Jackson explains to Mark as Ava walks in.

"I don't think you need this coffee your already wide awake." Ava tells them as she hands them both a coffee.

"No i need anything to get me through while my mother is in town." Jackson says as he takes a sip. "Thank you." He says as he kisses her.

"Your welcome what are two even doing today?" Ava asks them as she takes a sip from her coffee.

"We are acting very busy so Avery can hide from his mom." Mark says causing Ava to laugh as Jackson glares at her.

"I'm sorry." Ava tells him as she tries to control her laughter as she pecks him lightly on the lips as Catherine walks in with another Surgeon.

"There you are." Catherine says as she walks in seeing Mark,Jackson and Ava.

"Dr. Avery." Mark says to her.

"Oh, Dr. Sloan.How nice to see you again.Now move outta my way so I can see my boy.Mwah." Catherine says as she kisses Jackson cheek."You look skinny." She tells him as she sees Ava sat behind.

"Ava dear it's so good to see you." Catherine says as she hugs Ava.

"It's great to see you too Catherine." Ava says to her as Catherine pulls back from the hug.

"Is my son treating you right?" She asks her as Ava gives out a soft chuckle.

"Yes he's been great." Ava says smiling as Catherine nods her head.

"Tell me you did not forget your tux." Catherine asks Jackson.

"Tux?" Mark asks confused as he looks at Jackson and Catherine.

"Jackson is my date for the frontiers of medicine benefit tonight.Oh, this is Dr. Mara Keaton.Mara is my star urology fellow.Mara, my son Jackson." Catherine introduces them.

"Hey." Jackson says as he shakes her hand.

"Dr. Mark Sloan." She says as they also shake hands.

"And Dr Ava Shepherd." She introduces Ava as the girls shake hands.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." Mara says to them.

"Pleasure to meet you." Mark says as Ava rolls her eyes at her brother.

"Mara's considering Seattle Grace as an option for next year,and I thought, well, who better to show her around than my son?" Catherine says.Dr. Sloan, can you spare him for just a couple of hours?" Catherine asks Mark.

"Absolutely.Show her around.Take your time." Mark says as Ava tries not to laugh as mark was trying to wind Jackson up.

"I-I can't possibly.We are...buried with work." Jackson says to him.

"Kepner can cover for him." Ava tells her brother as mark nods.

"Perfect." Catherine says as she turns to Ava. "Maybe you could join them being chief resident you must know more than Jackson." Catherine suggests as Jackson grins.

"I'd love to but as you said I'm Chief  resident and I need finish the scheduling." Ava tells them.

"You can do that tonight." Jackson says smiling.

"I guess I could." Ava says glaring at her boyfriend.

"Perfect it's set." Catherine says.

"Perfect." Jackson says smiling at Ava as she glares at him.
-
Ava walks behind Jackson and Mara as she messes around on her phone as Jackson drops back to stand beside her.