You'll be illin'

Ava placed Mark who is now six month old into his high chair as she went to make his breakfast. She fed Mark as Jackson came down and got Mark ready while Ava got herself ready.

Ava took Mark up to the daycare before heading to the E.R as she listened to Owen as April stood beside her smiling.

"What's with that smile?" Ava says smirking at April as she shrugs acting like she doesn't know what she's talking about. "Don't act like that I've had that smile Plenty of times. Gosh I miss wearing that smile I miss sex." Ava says as April chuckles as they go over to their patients.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Shepherd-Avery. Are you Braden?" Ava asks as she looks over the patients file.

"Yes, this is our little Brady bug." Braden's mom says as Ava smiles at her.

"Mom!" He exclaims a but embarrassed.

"So, did you speak to our doctor?" David asks looking at Ava as she nods.

"I did. He said Braden has S.C.I.D." Ava says to them.

"Bubble boy disease." Braden tells her.

"Braden. He knows that we hate it when he calls it that." David tells Ava.

"And he sent you here?" Ava asks worried about Braden getting the infection.

"Yes, he's out of the country, s..." Braden's mom says as Ava continues

"Right, but patients with severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome are generally advised to steer clear of high-risk infection areas like a hospital.Without an immune system..." Ava says as Braden's mom cuts her off.

"We know, even a common cold can be life-threatening." She tells Ava.

"Well, he's on enzyme injections, and they've been working very well.And we were just so worried and... Braden. Face." David says to his son.

"I'm not picking at it. Just touching it." Braden says moving his hand from the zit.

"Braden, how long have you had that?" Ava asks him.

"This zit? I don't know." He says to her.

"I'm just gonna keep an eye on it, okay?" Ava tells him.

"Last night, he got congested, and we thought he might be getting a sinus infection, so we called our doctor." His mom tells Ava as she looks at both of them.

"And he sent you here to get I.V.I.G. antibiotics and labs.Great. Let's get him started." Ava says nodding to the nurse.
-
"Hey, champ. Doctor's here." David says to his son as Ava walks in.

"Hey, Braden, you feeling any better?" Ava asks as Braden turns around.

"I don't know. Still a little stuffy.But... yeah, maybe a little better." He says as Ava looks concerned at both the parents.

"Okay, Braden, we're gonna move you to someplace a little more comfy, okay?We need to move my patient into isolation right now." Ava tells the nurse.
-
"So every time you go into Braden's room,you will put on a fresh gown,gloves, and mask." Ava tells them.

"Right. Every time?" His mom asks as Ava nods at them both.

"Yeah.The lump on Braden's head is a rapidly growing infection.We just want to make sure he doesn't get any more." Ava tells them.

"But he's been taking the enzyme.It's supposed to stop this kind of thing from happening." David says to her.

"His labs show his T-cell count is zero,which means he's developed antibodies to the enzyme and it's no longer working.He's highly susceptible to all types of infection.Have you considered a bone-marrow transplant?" Ava asks them as the couple share a look.