Family Affair

Ava laid beside Alex and Meredith as they were looking up at the sky. "It's gonna rain." Meredith says to both of them.

"It's not gonna rain." Ava says looking at Meredith beside her.

"Told her to have the reception indoors.This wedding is doomed even if it happens because it's definitely going to rain." Meredith says as Alex and Ava looked at each other.

"You want it to rain. You are willing it to rain." Alex says as Meredith shook her head.

"I am not willing it to rain.She's just so full of
feelings all the time.Why can't she just cram them down and shut up like everybody else?" Meredith says to them.

"You can't expect her to be Cristina." Ava says to Meredith.

"Exactly my point.She's definitely not Cristina.That's what I mean.Owen wants this? Owen's marrying this?" Meredith says to them.

"He said yes when she asked." Alex says to her.

"Jo still hasn't given you a reason?" Meredith asks him.

"I don't need a reason.She doesn't want to marry me.
I'm done. It's over.Maybe it's nobody's fault.Maybe you only get one." Alex says to them.

"One what?Soul mate? Or true love? Yeah Well, then, who...Izzie?" Ava says as both of them look at Alex.

"Alex, Izzie wasn't your one true love.And even if she was..." Meredith says looking at Alex as he cuts her off.

"What was Derek? And what you have with Jackson?Are you telling me that you think that's coming around again?" Alex says looking at both of them.

"That was different." Meredith says looking at him.

"How?" Alex says to her.

"I told you it was gonna rain.This wedding is doomed." Meredith says as it rains and Alex helps them both up.
~
Ava left the kids with the babysitter as she was at the venue for Amelia wedding. "Okay, look up for me.
Amelia.This is your love day.It is a happy day.It's so happy." Maggie said as Ava made a puking motion which got a small smile from Amelia.

"I'm happy." Amelia says looking at both of them.

"Amelia." Ava says seeing her get emotional as she walked over to her sister.

"Nothing.Derek was supposed to walk me down the aisle.Dad's gone, and he's always...He walked every one of our sisters down the aisle including you." Amelia says as she looks at Ava who wraps her arms around Amelia.

"Well, we're here, and Meredith will be here any minute,and we will all be together." Maggie says as she continues Amelia's makeup.
~
Ava was looking around the venue as Mason walked towards her with a smile on his face. "Hey how's the bride doing?" Mason asks as he sat beside Ava.

"Seems to be freaking out slightly but she's with Meredith I think they needed a moment." Ava says with a small smile.

"So how's life as a mom of three?" Mason asks her as Ava smiles at the thought of her children.

"It's exhausting but it's great. I was scared to have more children after mark and it for a while I said I wouldn't but I'm so glad I did." Ava says as Mason looks at her.

"Why didn't you want anymore?" Mason asks her as Ava looks at him.

"Mark was my baby he became the centre of my world. I mean I love Jackson with every part of me and he's everything to me. But I was scared that if I had more children I wouldn't be able to love them as much as I did mark or something. But your heart just grows and Jackson and the kids are my everything. You'll know yourself soon enough." Ava says as Mason smiled at her.

"I can't wait to meet my baby." Mason says as Ava smiles at him.

"There is no greater feeling the holding any of them for the first time." Ava tells him as the two of them continue to talk for a while.
~
Mason got a call to say April was having the baby as Ava offered to drive him to the hospital as they arrived he ran quickly to find her and his daughter.

Ava walked around the hospital as she went to find Jackson as she saw him talking with a female surgeon she hadn't seen before. She stood watching them from a distance for a while as the two seemed very close.

Jackson saw his wife as he excused himself as he walked towards her wrapping his arms around her waist. "Hey how come your not at your sisters wedding?" Jackson asks looking at her.

"I drove Mason to the hospital Aprils had the baby. She had a baby girl. There still waiting to see if April will pull through. She had an emergency c-section on mers kitchen table Warren performed it." Ava says as she looks at the women who was still watching her and Jackson.

"Is her baby okay?" Jackson asks worry for his best friend clearly present.

"She seems to be okay they were checking over her and Mason with her while they wait for April. I'm going to stick around for a while check she's okay. Amelia and Owen understood and who's the woman you were talking too before." Ava asks as Jackson looks at where he was stood before he saw his wife.

"Oh she's a new Neuro attending and she actually was at mercy west with me and April. She transferred to another hospital after the merger but Bailey hired her." Jackson says as Ava nods looking at her husband.

"I'm going to go check on the baby and April I'll come find you later?" Ava asks him.

"Yeah I've got to sort somethings out quickly and then I'll join you. I love you." Jackson says as he kisses Ava as she kisses him back.

"Yeah I love you too." She smiles at him as she walks to go check on April still feeling like unsure about the new Neuro attending.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- This new Neuro attending could cause some drama for Ava and Jackson. Also she may have a past with Jackson? Who knows?