If only you were lonely...

Ava was in her office doing some scheduling and paperwork as April walked in with two coffees as she hand one to Ava.

"Hey April and your the best." Ava says smiling as she drinks the coffee as April sat at the table.

"Is everything good between you and Jackson?" April asks Ava as she looks up at her.

"Yeah of course why wouldn't it be?" Ava asks her.

"He's been grouchy and he keeps snapping at people." April tells Ava.

"He's probably just stressed it's fifth year all of us are but I'll check on him." Ava tells April as she gets paged to a patient.
-
"37-year-old male,hypotensive in the field,resolved with fluids.Open proximal humerus fracture and multiple lacerations and abrasions." The paramedic reports to Ava as she accesses the patient.

"An espresso machine did this?" Ava asks surprised.

"Blew him clear across the shop and into some shelves. And the parts that didn't hit
him went through the wall and into the next store." The paramedic explains to her as she leaves.

"Okay, let's page, uh, Dr. Torres and Dr. Hunt.All right.He's got shrapnel in his chest.
Let's page cardio." Ava tells the nurse as she checks the patients chest.

"Mm-hmm." The nurse says.

"Angie. Is Angie okay?" The patient groans as he's in a lot of pain.

"Who's Angie? Is that your wife?" Ava asks him as she continues to check him.

"My barista." He groans.
-
Ava was making notesz as Callie enters as Owen looks over the patient.

"Out of the way Shepherd I need to get in there." Callie says as Ava steps aside to let her through.

"Okay, Devin, we are gonna give you some pain meds.And we're gonna put a tube in your chest
that will drain the blood,and you will start to feel a lot better." Ava tells him.

"Pulse is faint on the left.I need a C.T. angio." Callie orders.

"Okay, Devin, once we get this tube in, we're gonna take you to C.T. Do you have any family we need to contact?" Owen asks him.

"My parents are old. I don't want to worry them.If you could just let Angie know I'm okay.
She's probably worried." Devin tells them as they attending look confused.

"I'm sorry. Who's Angie?" Callie asks.

"Uh, the burned barista in trauma one." Ava informs them as a nurse walks in.

"Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Webber's in the E.R." The nurse tells her.

"Yeah?" Ava asks confused.

"No, he's in the E.R." The nurse tells her as she rushes out.
-
Ava checks over Richards arm as she begins to tend to it.

"Are you going to tell me how this happened?" Ava asks him as he lets out a sigh.

"It was nothing just let the food cook to long." He says to her.

"Was it Adele?" Ava asks him as he doesn't look at her. "Maybe you can talk to Meredith she's probably got some contacts if you needed some help." Ava tells him.

"Everything is fine." He tells Ava.

"Is okay to ask for help you know we all care about you Richard and I don't want to see you in here again." Ava tells him as she finishes up with his arm.
-
Ava walks into trauma one as she see Cristina leaving with a coffee.

"Hey Mark are you going up to see Sofia at lunch?" Ava asks her brother as he looks at her.

"Yeah are you going to come?" Mark asks her.

"Yeah I've been busy so I haven't seen her or Zola so since Meredith has taken over on the case I'll see you up there." Ava says as she's about to leave before she turns to Jackson.

"Are you two studying tonight?" She asks them as Mark shakes his head.

"You want to grab food somewhere or something?" Ava asks Jackson as he nods his head and gives her a small smiles before she leaves.
-
Ava sits with Derek and Mark as she plays with Zola and Sofia.

"So Avery is stressed out about his boards and he's taking it out on my patient you need to do something." Mark says to Ava.

"What do you expect me to do?" Ava asks him not understanding.

"Give him a way to relieve that stress." Mark suggests. "I mean have you two been you know?" Marks asks her as her eyes grow wide.

"Mark my sex life with Jackson is none of your business but if you must know we've both been too busy we hardly see each other as it is there's just no time." Ava says.

"There's always time you have to make time you both not doing anything now." Mark says as Ava rolls her eyes.

"Did you see that?" Derek says to mark and Ava.

"What?" Mark asks as he plays with Sofia.

"The way that woman looked at me and Zola." Derek says as Ava looks at the women.

"Derek, we're hot doctors with babies.Women are gonna stare." Mark says to him as Ava rolls her eyes at him.

"I think she's racist." Derek says.

"Oh, I get it.You're worried about bridging the cultural divide.I know all about it.That's why I learned spanish.Es la verdad, si,mi senorita chica muchacha?Yo soy el papi de tu,Sofia-rita.
Beso me mucho." Mark says as he interacts with Zola.

"You know she doesn't speak spanish?" Derek says to Mark.

"Oh, but she shall.Verdad? hablas mucho?You shall.See? Bridging the divide." Mark shows them as Ava pulls faces as Sofia and tickles her.

"How's it going with your better half?" Derek asks Mark.

"He's uptight, worried about the boards,snapping at patients.I'm trying to get him laid, but...." mark says looking at his sister as she laughs.

"I'm talking about Julia." Derek says as Ava can't stop laughing.

"Oh. Of course.She's, uh...she's good, thanks. She's doing well." Mark says.

"Good." Derek says as Ava stands up.

"I'll be you two girlies soon don't be too hard on your daddy's and mark I'll tell Jackson you think so highly of him and Derek people are staring at you because you haven't done your daughters hair poor Zozo." Ava tells them as leaves.
-
Ava paged Jackson to on-call room as he entered he looked worried.

"Hey are you okay?" He asks his girlfriend with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine but apparently you snapping and being all irritated." Ava says as she sits on the bed as Jackson sits beside her.

"What did mark say?" He says to Ava.

"That your snapping at patients and paramedics and April said somethings about it too." Ava tells him.

"I'm just stressed about boards I can't fail I'm an Avery could you imagine my mom." Jackson says as he puts his head in his hands.

"I get you I have 5 siblings who passed their boards imagine if I didn't." Ava lifts up his chins as she kisses him as he kisses her back.

-
Jackson and Ava get dressed quickly as they leave the on call room as they pass mark and he smiles at the both as Ava rolls her eyes at him.