Things We Lost In The Fire

"Four crews of firefighters were trapped battling wildfires east of town. We have at least 40 injuries en route. I said we would take all of them." Bailey says as Jackson looks at his wife as she shrugs before he turns to Bailey.

"40? We're gonna hit capacity, and..." Jackson points out to her as she shakes it off.

"We will take all of them.We're looking at second-, third-, and fourth-degree burns, smoke inhalation, and some traumas. All non-critical... Patients, um...
Are being transferred to Seattle pres and Tacoma.
This entire hospital is now a burn-treatment center.
If you are a little rusty...Plastics will be available for consult, but they will be in high demand and cannot be everywhere. If you need them..Residents, stay with your assigned attendings unless needed in the burn unit or in the pit. Uh, everyone who is on call has been called in. This is an all-hands-on-deck situation." Bailey tells them all as they all head to set up as Jackson pulls Ava to one side.

"Are you okay? Just you came to bed late and you were tossing and turning a lot." Jackson asks her as he rests his hands on both of her shoulders as she looks up at him.

"I'm fine just these babies keep kicking now it's as if they are switching off who's awake and who's asleep." Ava says with a small smile as her hands rest on her growing bump as Jackson places a kiss on her lips and lowers his head to her bump.

"Hey babies it's daddy you need to stop teaming up on mommy." He says as he rests his hand on her bump as she laughs at him shaking her head as they head to help out.
~
"Chief, the burn unit is full, and I need beds down here." Jackson says as he looks at his wife then at Bailey.

"We can't take any more. We're already at capacity." Ava tells them as she looks around the E.R.

"I have patients with extensive burns that are on gurneys in the hallway." Jackson says to her.

"Well, we need to start diverting to other hospitals." Ava says to her as Bailey shook her head at the Shepherd doctor.

"No, no. We're not doing that." Bailey says to them.

"Well, I need to know what we are doing, please." Jackson says to her as Richard approaches them.

"Do I need to notify Seattle pres?" Richard asks as they all look at Bailey.

"Chief!" Ava exclaims growing impatient as she looks at Bailey.

"I said we're not turning firefighters away. Come with me." She says as Jackson follows her sending a look to his wife as she looks at him confused.
~
"I'm just gonna sit with him, if that's all right." Owens mom says as she sits beside her boyfriend as Ava and Meredith checks over him.

"Of course. Mrs. hunt, it's none of my business,
and I'm not asking, but Owen is my friend, and I am worried about him. How worried do I need to be?" Ava says as she looks up as the woman gives her a small smile.

"close the door, dear." She tells Meredith as she does as the woman asks as she looks at Amelia.
~
"you talked to Owen's mother?" Amelia suS as she follows Ava and Meredith.

"Yeah." Meredith tells her as they continue to walk.

"What was that about? Did you find anything out?Meredith! Ava!" Amelia says to them as they both stop to look at her.

"Look, it's not our thing. It's Owen's thing. And he asked us not to talk about it, so..." Ava says as she looks at her sister.

"He's talking to you?" Amelia scoffs as she looks at her little sister.

"Yeah, he did, enough so that I can..." Ava says as Amelia cuts her off.

"Why are you shutting me out of this?" Amelia snaps at them.

"Because... This does not concern you." Meredith says to her.

"But it concerns you?" Amelia says as she looks at them both.

"No, it doesn't. I made a promise that I would help him keep his head above water." Meredith says as Ava watches them both.

"Promised who?" Amelia says to her as she looks at Meredith.

"To Cristina.So I am watching him, and I am letting him be, and I am not sticking my nose..." Meredith says to her.

"What does Cristina have to do with this? You're in some sort of three-way trust circle with Owen and his ex-girlfriend?" Amelia says to them.

"Ex-wife." Meredith corrects her.

"God. Meredith, you are the most loyal person I have ever met  to everyone except me.You're loyal to some woman halfway across the world... Yes, I am. When I am right here. Cristina left you. I'm here. I'm your sister." Amelia says as she looks at Meredith.

"You are not my sister. Cristina is my sister. You are Derek's sister, and Derek is gone." Meredith says as she looks at Amelia as Ava stood taken back a bit.

"Dr. Grey, I changed the mediastinal drains..." Penny says as all three women look at her.

"Get out!" Amelia snaps making Ava jump as she looks at Penny giving her a small smile as the intern walks away.

"Is this why you hate me?'Cause I remind you of him? I mean do you hate Ava too because she looks more like Derek than anyone of us? She's the most like Derek?Does it help you to hate me?" Amelia says as she looks at Ava as Meredith does too but the Avery looks down at her feet.

"Asking you not to push me." Meredith warns her as she looks back Amelia.

"Am I like her... Something you cling to to keep the memory alive?" Amelia says to Meredith.

"You are such a child.You wrap her around you like some sick widow shawl.The widow Grey.She's okay. She's moving on. She'll never love again, but she's holding it together. That is crap. You've given up.
You are crawling into your little hole and dying.
You are hollow. And Derek would be sick about it if he could see it. He would be disgusted." Amelia says as Ava looks at them both.

"Stop it! Look at this. We all lost Derek and you two arguing being at each other's throats all the time you think he wanted this. Family was one of the most important things to him and I guess with him gone you've lost sight of what family means." Ava says to them as she walks off to go find Jackson not wanting to see either of them.