Break Down The House

"Okay. Um, all right, everyone!Listen up, please!
Uh, first, I want to thank you all for keeping your heads during the events of last night.Thanks to you, there were very minimal injuries,and the firefighters were able to contain the blaze quickly.There was some damage, however,that will need to be repaired.Uh, the neuro ICU, the cath lab, and pulmonary clinic..." Bailey says as Ava stood beside Jackson as he had his arms around her waist.

"These stations will be off-limits to pedestrian foot traffic. So until further notice,ORs 3 through 6 are nonfunctional." Bailey says to them as Ava sees Owen and Richard talking as Amelia walks away.

"To recap, we are to avoid ORs 3 through 6 and the entire neuro wing, as they are unstable." Bailey says as part of the ceiling comes falling down. "And also avoid fourth-floor nurses station until further notice." Bailey tells them as Ava looks at Meredith as they both had the same idea.

"Hey i got to check on Amy I'll catch up with you later." Ava says as she kisses Jackson before following Meredith and Maggie joins them.
~
"Hey." Maggie says as they walk into the attending's lounge to find Amelia.

"Hey." Amelia says to them.

"You're working?" Ava asks her sister.

"Yeah, I'm gonna work." She says as they share a look.

"How's Megan?" Meredith asks her.

"Uh, she's alive.And... well, not quite well,but she's funny and sharp and very much alive,which is, you know, energizing.I mean, this miracle happened,
and it makes me aware that I have the ability
to make that miracle happen for someone else's family, so... yeah. I'm gonna work." Amelia says to them.

"You don't think you should be with Owen today?" Maggie asks her as Amelia walks around the room.

"You know what...I'm super-good in a crisis,but the crisis is over." Amelia says as she walks out as they all look at each other.
~
Ava laid on one of the bed in an on call room as the door opened as she saw Jackson as he laid beside her. "One of the interns said they saw you sneak in." Jackson says looking at his wife.

"Just need a moments silence. The E.R was quiet and Mason is covering all Ortho consults." Ava says looking at her husband as presses his lips against hers as she smiles at him as he lays back down.

"Have you heard what Meredith's doing?" Jackson asks his wife as she shook her head as she looked at him. "She's going to reapproximate Owens sisters abdominal wall and then put in tissue expanders to stretch the skin. It could actually work she's asked me to consult." Jackson says as Ava nods at him.

"It must be hard for her. Nathan is the first person she's let in properly since Derek died and then his presumed dead fiancé isn't really dead." Ava says as Jackson nods at her.

"It's Meredith though she's strong and she's got everyone looking out for her if she's need us. Now I've some time before that consult." Jackson says as he smirks at his wife as she smiles at him as he leans over and kisses her as she kisses him back.
~
Ava sat checking over some of her paperwork as mark sat in her lap as Maggie sat beside her. "I see with have another intern joining us today." Maggie says smiling as she looked at Mark.

"Yeah I promised him he could help me on my lunch break. Say hi to Maggie." Ava says looking at her son.

"Hi Maggie. Hi auntie Amelia " Mark says smiling as played Ava's pens looking up at his aunt.

"Hi Mark are you helping your mom today?" She asks him as he nods smiling as they continued to work as Meredith and Teddy walked over.

"Did you read this article that Cristina published
on ex vivo lung perfusion?" Meredith asks looking at Teddy.

"It's... It's not appropriate." Teddy says to her as the other three share a look.

"To read Cristina's article?" Meredith asks confused.

"No, for you to operate on Megan Hunt." Teddy says to her.

"Oh. She chose the surgery. She's aware of the risks." Meredith informs her.

"But she doesn't know about your history with her fiancé.I mean, that's a serious conflict of interest.
You have to step away from this case." Teddy says as Ava and Maggie look at each other.

"Well, I..." Meredith says as she gets cut off by Amelia.

"You don't get to talk to her like that." Amelia says to Teddy.

"Amelia." Meredith says to her sister in law.

"Excuse me?" Teddy says looking at Amelia.

"Okay, you're not Megan's doctor,So if Meredith has decided that she is equipped to handle a surgery,
you don't get to just show up here..." Amelia says looking at Teddy.

"I can fight my own battles." Meredith tells them.

"like you own the place and talk to her like that." Amelia says to her.

"I shouldn't have to.Megan is Owen's sister, and you're Owen's wife, so I shouldn't have to advocate for Megan and Owen, who have been through hell and back...a hell which I've personally witnessed.
I shouldn't have to show up here and advocate for them,because that's your job.But you're not doing it.
I have barely seen you." Teddy says as Ava looks at her.

"Because I have a patient." Amelia tells her.

"You also have a husband." Teddy says to her.

"I'm sorry.Is it 1952? Should I put on my apron
and mix him a gin and tonic?" Amelia says to her.

"All right.It's not appropriate for you to be Megan Hunt's surgeon... not when she doesn't have the whole history." Teddy says as she walks away.

"Who is she?" Maggie asks as Ava wraps her arms around Mark as he looked at the four women confused.

"That's... Owen's... person." Ava tells her as Meredith nods agreeing.

"I have a patient." Amelia says as she walks away as Ava looks at her sister slightly worried for her.
~
Ava sat watching Meredith as her , Bailey and Webber were doing a surgery on Megan Hunt as everything stopped. Ava looked down at the three surgeon who all shared a look.

"What's going on? Meredith." Riggs asks through the com as they watched closely.

"There isn't enough tissue. I can't close." Meredith told him as he shared a look with Owen.