Things We Said Today

Ava walks out with Callie,Arizona and Meredith as they listen to Ben tell the guest that Bailey had been pulled into surgery.

"That poor handsome fool.Bailey's probably hopped a boxcar to Mexico by now.I am the worst maid of honor ever." Callie chuckles as Arizona looks at her.

"Who made you maid of honor?" Arizona asks her wife as Meredith and Ava watch the two.

"I called it.And then I tanked it.Uh, I'm-I'm gonna go to the hospital." Callie says to them.

"Right now?" Arizona asks her.

"I'll go. I'm the general surgeon.Maybe I can tag her out of surgery.Put this in water till I get back." Meredith says as she hands her bouquet to Ava as she leaves.

"You really told Bailey to run?" Arizona asks Callie as Ava looks everywhere but at them.

"I didn't say she should run.I said she could run. And-and I was joking. I was... ha ha.Funny... funny me." Callie says seeing the expression on Arizona's face.

"I'm going to go find Jackson and a drink ." Ava tells them as she walks over to where April,Jackson,Mason and Alex were sat as their intern dates were at the bar.

"Hey have you any idea what's going on?" Alex asks his best friend.

"Nope I don't." She says as she grabs a glass of water as her pager goes off as does the rest of their apart from Alex.

"Big Trauma in the E.R is getting full they need us." Ava tells them as she reads the message from Cristina as Jackson grabs her hand as they make their way to his car before heading to the hospital.
-

"Chief, where do you need us?" Jackson says to Owen as they had all changed into their scrubs.

"Just a second, Avery." Owen tells him as he finishes with a patient.

"Guess Dr. Bailey beat us to the fun." Ross says as Ava looks around the E.R.

"Dr. Bailey's here?" Owen questions them looking at Ava.

"She and Dr. Grey are working on Adele Webber in O.R one." A nurse tells them.

"Dr. Webber's wife?Should we..." April says as Owen cuts her off.

"You have a degloving injury in trauma 1.Take care of your patient.Let Bailey and Grey take care of theirs. Shepherd-Avery I need you running the E.R. We need to help as many as we can." They all nod at Owen as they go off to do their jobs.
-
Ava finishes up with the last of the patients from the crash.

"Shepherd Have you seen gasoline?" Owen shouts to Ava as she looks at him confused.

"I'm sorry who?" Ava asks him confused.

"The woman that was in this bed?" Owen says to Ava as she looks them all.

"No she wasn't my patient and I thought Brooks was watching her." Ava explains to him as Owen talks to the security team.
-
Ava had changed back into her dress as she was filling out patient charts as she felt as pair of arms wrap around her waist.

"Are you ready to go?" Jackson mumbles as he kisses her exposed shoulder as she nods biting her lip.

As they go to Jackson car before heading to the wedding venue.
-
Jackson pulls up to the venue as he looks at Ava as he places a hand on her cheek stroking it as she turns and smiles at him.

"You know we've still got sometime I saw Ben on my way to find you so I don't think they'll be here for a while." Jackson says as he leans over and kisses Ava neck as she giggles.

Jackson pulls Ava onto his lap facing him as he moves his seat back as he kisses her neck.

"You really do pull off a Tux." Ava whispers to him as she unbuttons his shirt as he kisses along her jawline before placing a kiss on her lips as she kisses him back.
-
Everyone claps as Bailey and Ben officially get married as they all smile at Bailey.

"We missed the whole thing." Callie says as her and Arizona sits beside Ava as Bailey and Ben were having a dance.

"Well, maybe she won't notice." Arizona says as the take theirs seats and Bailey sees them.

"I hope whatever you were doing was worth it,cause you're a terrible maid of honor." Bailey exclaims to the two of them as Ava laughs at them as Meredith arrives as well.

"What did I miss?" Meredith asks as she sits beside her sister in law.

"Oh, pretty much everything. You all left me stood up their by myself." Ava says to the three of them as they a chuckle.

"And Bailey calling me her maid of honour." Callie adds as she takes a sip of her drink.
-
Ava sat resting her head on Jackson's shoulder as they watched Bailey and Ben have their first dance as Ava saw Meredith walk over to Richard.

Ava saw the tears in both of their eyes as she knew Adele hadn't made it as she held on tighter to Jackson arm as he kisses on the head smiling at her.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- Would you want Ava and Jackson to have a baby in season 10 or to wait and do Jackson and April's storyline with Samuel? But they wouldn't get a divorce.