Walking Tall

Ava had woken up early as she went into Marks room as he was sat up in his bed playing with his stuffed animals as he looked up as he saw Ava as he ran over to her.

Ava picked Mark up as she placed a kiss on his cheek while she tickled his sides as Mark erupted into little fits of giggles. "Stop Mommy." Mark said as he struggled to speak while he was laughing.

Ava laughed at her little boy as she gave him a hug as she got an idea. "Shall we go wake Daddy up?" Ava asks as Mark nods his head as Ava set him down as Mark ran into their room.

Ava set Mark on the bed as he began jumping on the bed as Jackson's groans were heard as Ava giggles slightly as mark dumped himself onto Jackson Stomach which made Ava erupt into laughter as Jackson groaned louder as he looked at his wife and son both giggling as Ava had picked Mark up.

"Oh so now you all gang up on me I see how it is." Jackson says as he got mark out of Ava's arms and threw him onto the bed aside him and began tickling him as Marked giggled.

"Mommy help." Mark says calling for Ava as she was laughing at the interaction between the father and son duo.

"Oh no mommy can't help you now mister." Jackson says as he continues to tickled Mark as Ava stood watching them in adoration.
~
Ava hands the tablet to the nurse as she finished up with a patient as Jackson walked over and kisses her as she kisses him back before looking at him.

"What is that for? What did you do to Mark? Who did you tell?" Ava asks as Jackson smiles at his wife placing his hand on her bump.

"Nothing,no one and marks fine I just want to kiss my wife is that a problem." Jackson says as Ava shrugs her shoulder as Jackson leans in and kisses her again.

Ava kisses Jackson back as both their phones vibrate making Ava groan as Jackson smiles at her as they both check their pages as they head to the conference room.
~
"Four hours?" Jackson says as they had all listened to Bailey's plan.

"And in that time frame, I need a complete surgical plan for resection of the pituitary tumor and repair of the spinal fracture that includes a recovery time of no more than a week." Bailey tells them as Ava shakes her head.

"Oh! Okay, well, you know what?I have a knee replacement right now." Ava says to her as Maggie agrees with her.

"I've got a vats procedure." Maggie says as Bailey looks at both of them.

"Then push that and delegate that. Now, we have to move fast. This woman has no interest in being treated.You know what? In fact, she's a flight risk.
Wilson, you're in charge of making sure she stays put. Go." Bailey says to Jo and the interns as Ava looks over at Amelia.

"Her tumor is massive.I mean, we need extensive scans and... and time to go over an approach for both procedures. Uh, that... that takes longer than four hours." Amelia says as Ava nods agreeing with her sister.

"Well, actually, uh, you have 3 hours and 36 minutes." Bailey tells them.

"Bailey, we need at least until the end of the day, okay?" Ava says as Jackson interrupts her as scowls at him but he ignores her.

"What you're asking for is impossible." Jackson says as they all nod agreeing with the man.

"What? I-it's what? Oh, I know you didn't say impossible.No, nothing's impossible.You are smart people.You're good surgeons.This patient has some big things to do, and I have every confidence that you will figure out how she can do them.And make it possible." Bailey says to all of them as she walks out of the conference room.
~
"Can you do a minimally invasive..." Ben suggest as Ava shakes her head looking over the scans.

"No, no, her vertebral bodies are too large.We'll have to use an anterior approach through the chest." Ava says as she looks over at Maggie.

"I'll do a right thoracotomy." Maggie says as Ava nods at her.

"Avery, can you do a consult?" Meredith asks as she walks into the scan room.

"No. No. No. No." They all say to her as they turn towards Meredith.

"It's for one of Bailey's patients." Meredith says to them.

"Of course it is.She put all her services on hold to fix her giant problem.She had me push two procedures for this." Ava says as she looks at her sister in law as Jackson massages her shoulders planting kisses on her neck.

"She's doing it to you guys, too. I mean, she postponed five of my consults so I could handle her patients. She didn't ask. She just pushed them. It's ridiculous. No offense." Meredith says as looks at Ben.

"Can she do that?" Maggie asks as Owen walks into the room.

"Can who do what?" Owen asks them as Ava smiles at her mentor.

"Oh, can you be chief again? I loved you as chief." Ava says looking at him as the other agree with her.

"You know what they used to call her, us interns?" Meredith says as the all looked at Meredith and Ava waiting for an answer.

"The Nazi." Ava and Meredith said as the rest of them shook their head not believing them.

"Last time she had absolute rule over people,
and here she is again.I love Bailey, but power corrupts. She's an iron-fisted dictator. She's a bond villain." The all discuss as Ben makes his presence known as they all look at him.

"Warren. I'm so sorry. We weren't trying to be disrespectful." Maggie says to him as he nods.

"It's all good, it's all good.I'm just gonna go look into some follow-up scans." Ben tells them as he walks out of the room.
~
They had all managed to complete the surgery successfully even though there were lots of arguing but Ava let it slip that her and Jackson were expecting twins which raised everyone's moods slightly.

Ava sat outside of her house as she looked up watching the stars as Jackson sat beside her placing her coat on her shoulders and a blanket across their legs as she rest her head on his shoulder.

"What's going on in your pretty little head?" Jackson says as Ava looks at him with a slight frown on her lips as she look up at the stars.

"Just every man in my life is up there or something beside you. I'm just scared to lose you or if something happens to our kids I don't know how I'd survive if I ever lose you Jackson." Ava says as Jackson leans down and captures her lips.

"I'm here Ava and I'm going to make sure that's where I'll stay. I don't ever want to lose you either." Jackson says as ava kisses him as she looks up at the sky again.