Going Going Gone...

3 months had passed since the plane crash but it still seemed like it had happened yesterday. Ava walks in the hospital on her crutches as she sees Bailey and Meredith as she goes over to the front desk.

"Shouldn't you be at home resting?" Bailey says as she sees Ava as Meredith turns to her sister in law.

"You've not been out of the hospital a week Ava you heard them your supposed to be resting." Meredith scolds her sister in law.

"I've got an appointment about my ankle hopefully I don't need anymore surgeries and I can get on to recovering and get back in the O.R. I also came to see Mark." Ava says as Bailey and Meredith share a look.

"Do you want me to get Jackson or Derek?" Meredith asks Ava as she shakes her head.

"No thank you I can handle this on my own." Ava says with a fake smile as she heads to her elevator.
-
Ava finishes up with her appointment as she runs into Mason. Mason had taken a Ortho fellowship at Seattle Grace.

"Hey are you okay?" Mason asks Ava as he sees her walk out of the examination room.

"I wish people would stop asking me that. I'm not going to break you know I get it I was in a coma for a month and half and I almost died but can you please just treat me like a normal person." Ava snaps at him as he holds his hands up.

"Hey sorry easy there tiger." Mason says as Ava chuckles at him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't snap it's just a hard day they're turning Mark machine off at 5 and I just feel so guilty." Ava says to Mason as they get on elevator.

"Why do you feel guilty?" Mason asks her.

"I should have been to see him more I didn't get chance too when he had his surge because I had just come out of a coma." Ava says to Mason.

"You can't feel guilty about that I'm sure he understood. He's like your brother right and brother want to protect you and make sure your safe he would have wanted you to have gotten better and focus on yourself." Mason tells her as she gives him a small smile.

"Thanks Mace." Ava says to him as she used to call him that in med school.

"Anytime Avie." He says as they both laugh. "How's your ankle?" He asks her.

"It's healing well so all three surgeries were a success and the cast is off in a week  but I need to stay on the crutches but I start physical therapy to strengthen my ankle so I should be back soon." Ava says to him as she smiles.

"That's good news I have a patient so I'll see you in a while." Mason says as he gets off the elevator as Ava goes to the cafeteria to find the rest of them.
-
"You may have to step up, Avery.Comfort them a little." Alex says as they don't see Ava behind them.

"He won't be comforting anyone he's engaged to your best friend remember." Ava scares them both as Meredith chuckles as Ava sits down opposite Jackson.

"What are you doing here your supposed to be resting at home." Jackson says to his fiancé.

"I had an appointment about my ankle and I'm here for Mark." Ava says as Jackson gives her a soft smile.

"Why didn't you tell me I could've come with you?" Jackson says to her as she steals some of Alex's food.

"Because your all acting like I'm going to break down or something but I'm not. I am fine and I am getting better but I need you all to start treating me like me again." Ava says as she gets up as she leaves going to Marks room.
-
Ava sits in chair beside Marks bed as she looks at him before she takes his hand.