Where Do We Go From Here

Ava stood beside April as they listen to Owen about the trauma that was coming in. "But be prepared for as many as 20 casualties,many of them kids." Owen tells all o father staff.

"What happened?" Ava asks him as he looks over at her.

"A woman drove off a bridge with her two kids in the car.Witnesses are saying that the woman started speeding,she rammed a bunch of vehicles, and then took a sharp right off the bridge I-into the water. Police believe this was intentional." Owen tells them.

"Oh, my God." Steph says.

"With her kids?" Callie asks as they all look at Owen.

"Let's cooperate with the police and do our jobs, okay?" Owen tells them as they all head to their stations.
~
"Parker James, age 5.Minor injuries include facial lacerations,left-arm deformity, normal vitals." The paramedic tells Ava.

"Where's my sister?" Parker asks as he looks around for his sister.

"She's right inside,Parker. We've got you, okay?" Ava tells him as she gives him a reassuring smile as they head into the E.R.
~
Ava was checking over some of the patients from the crash as Owen pages her as she head up to the O.R.

"Well, it's a mess, but we've got it under control." Meredith tells him as Ava scrubs in.

"April, I'm... Tagging you out. Ava will take this one." He says as Ava walks into the O.R as they all look at Owen.

"Why?" April questions him as she tries to focus on the patient.

"Ava will just... Ava will take this one.April." Owen says to her as Ava shares a confused look with her sister in law.

"I'm good. You can go. Both of you." She says as Ava looks at Owen as he shakes his head at her.

"I-it's okay. I'm tagging you out." He tells her as April refuses.

"Owen?" Meredith says to him as they gown Ava.

"Listen, it's okay. We've got this.Go ahead and go." Owen tells her as April scoffs.

"Do we have a problem here?" Ava asks looking at both trauma surgeons.

"No" he tells his student as she looks over at April.

"Yes. Yes, there is... Mason.Mason's my problem, right, Hunt?He went to you, and now you know,
and you've decided what's best for me." April says to them.

"Mason's downstairs, and he's waiting for you." Owen tells her again.

"Well, I'm working here." April says to him.

"April...Ava is taking over for you." He tells her again as she looks over at him.

"Is this an order?Is that what's happening?Are you ordering me out of my O.R.?" She says to him.

"I'm asking you." Owen tells her.

"Well, then, my answer is no." April says to him as he lets out a sigh.

"Then it is an order.That is an order, Kepner." He tells her as looks at them.

"Fine." She says walking out as Owen nods for Ava to take over which she does.
~
Meredith looks up at Ava as they continue with the surgery. "You any idea what that was between Hunt and Kepner?" Meredith asks her.

"I got paged and then Hunt said she had something personal going on and she shouldn't be operating." Ava says to her.

"We've all got Personal stuff going on Hey my husband left me does that mean I shouldn't be working." Meredith says as Ava looks at her.

"What do you mean Derek left you?" Ava says confused to the whereabouts of her brother.

"He didn't call or message you about it." Meredith asks her as Ava shakes her head. "He went to D.C. He left last night." She says as Ava looks at her.
~
"So you told him to go and he just left. I can't believe he just left you and the kids." Ava says to her sister in law.

"Well he did I told him to go and he went all his stuff has gone." Meredith tells her.

"Did he say anything to Amy or to Owen?" Ava asks her as Meredith shakes her head.

"I don't know." She tells her.

"Dr. Grey, her tox screen's back." The nurse tells her as Ava and Meredith both look over at her.

"Any drugs or alcohol?Antipsychotics? Antidepressants?" Meredith asks them.

"All negative." The nurse tells her.

"Damn it!" Meredith says as Ava looks at her.

"What are you after?" She asks her.

"An explanation something.Someone puts her whole family in danger,you want to find out there was a good reason.You want to believe she didn't have any choice." Meredith tells Ava.

"Yeah you don't just do this without reason." Ava says agreeing with Meredith as they continue to treat the mother.
~
"Husband says there's no history of diabetes." Stephanie tells both of them.

"Anything else?" Ava says looking at the resident.

"Uh, yeah.She's been exhausted,forgetful, stressed...
running around, taking care of the kids...I don't know. Maybe she snapped." Stephanie says to them as Ava shares a look with Meredith.

"Well, running around taking care of her kids doesn't sound like a mom who's about to kill herself,in my experience." Meredith says to them.

"Hmm." Ava hums in response.

"It doesn't make sense.Her blood-sugar levels were
so low when she came in.My mother always used to say,"the pancreas is the self-destruct button of the body."" Meredith says to Ava.

"And her pancreas was really friable." Ava says to her as Meredith nods.

"And her husband said she's been forgetful.I bet there's a tumor on that pancreas.Insulinoma." Meredith says to Ava as she agrees.

"That would explain her anxiety, confusion, erratic behavior." Ava clarifies.

"That would explain everything." Meredith says agreeing with her sister in law.

"Yeah." Ava says smiling slightly.
~
Ava finished putting Mark to bed as he headed down into the kitchen as Jackson had ordered take out. "He's asleep." Ava tells Jackson as she sits beside him as the ear their dinner.

"So I've been thinking for Marks birthday maybe we could go to New York we both have next weekend off." Ava says as Jackson smiles at her.

"Yeah let's do it. We can have his party on Thursday and then we leave after work on Friday." Jackson says as Ava smiles at she kisses him as he kisses her back.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- Do you want a chapter of them in New York?