I Ain't No Miracle Worker

Ava was holding Marks hand as Jackson was pushing the twins stroller. "Are you sure you want to come back today?" Jackson asks looking at his wife.

Ava picks Mark up as she looks at her husband. "The twins are 5 months old I'd be back in a few weeks anyway." Ava says as they headed to the daycare.

"You could still have a few more weeks exactly why do you want to be back so much?" Jackson says as Ava lets out a sigh.

"April is off after just having Harriet and Mason is trying to be there for her but he's doing my job as well as his own. Alex is working in the clinic. Bailey needs surgeon and I just so happen to be a great one who could be used." Ava says as Jackson smiles at her.

"We'll it'll be nice spending lunch in the on call rooms again." Jackson says as Ava rolls her eyes at him.

"Last time we ended up with these two." Ava says pointing to the twins as Jackson walks ahead of her as she follows him in with mark.
~
"Marriage is like a bed and breakfast in Vermont, with sex." Amelia says talking about her and Owen.

"Until you have kids." Meredith says as Ava nods her head agreeing with her sister in law.

"And when I want the sex, I don't have to get out of bed and drive to the sex.I just roll right over." Amelia says as Meredith and Ava look at her.

"Can you stop it?" Maggie says to Amelia.

"Why would I want to stop it? Married sex is dirtier than I expected." Amelia says to them.

"Not the sex, the bragging. You're flashing your money after going to the ATM. We get it. You're sex-rich. It is not polite to brag in front of people who are sex-poor. Some of us are barely making ends meet." Maggie says looking at Amelia as all their pagers go off.

"Multiple MVCs coming into the E.R." Maggie tells the other three of them.

"I chose a good day to come back." Ava says smiling as Meredith rolls her eyes as the surgical hungry shepherd.

"Hey, Pierce, I got a valve replacement. You good in the E.R.?" Nathan says as he walks in looking at Maggie.

"Yep, I can cover the pit. Got it. Shepherd. Grey. Nice to see you back Avery." Nathan says to Ava as she smiles at him as he walks out.

"Was that normal?" Maggie says to them.

"Why wouldn't it be normal?" Amelia asks looking at Maggie.

"No reason." Maggie says to her.

"I mean, you were a tad deferential." Amelia says to Maggie as Meredith looks at her.

"Amelia, don't." Meredith warns her.

"Damn it." Maggie mutters.

"Come on, I move out, and I'm dead to you now?You just cut me off?" Amelia says as she stands beside her sister.

"I asked Riggs out. He said no." Maggie says as both the shepherds stare at her

"Wait, Riggs?" Amelia says to Maggie.

"Nathan Riggs. The hot solider cardio surgeon Riggs?" Ava says as the three of them look at her.

"Ava!" Meredith exclaims looking at her sister in law.

"What I'm married not blind. Also Jackson made sure no man could look at me by knocking me up with three of his children and having a mother in law like Catherine Avery." Ava says as Amelia chuckles at her sister.

"Anyways Yeah. I'm trying not to be weird about it at work, and you just said I wasn't weird, so there. Not weird." Maggie says to them.

"Except for the part where you keep talking about it." Meredith says as Ava follows her out.
~
Ava was checking over one of her patients as Ella walked in and looked at her. "Dr Shepherd Right?" Ella says as Ava look up.

"Yeah uhh Dr Thompson this Ben he's 8 and he collided his bike into a wall hit his head and broke his arm." Ava says to her as Ella does her Neuro exam on Ben.

"Dr Shepherd am I going to be okay?" The little boy asks looking up at Ava who gives him a small smile.

"I think your going to be just fine now what colour cast do you want?" Ava asks him as Ella watches her interact with him.
~
They finished up with the little boy as Ava was filling out some of her patient files as Ella stood beside her. "You were really good with him." Ella says as Ava looks at her.

"Thanks just comes with being a trauma surgeon I guess." Ava says awkwardly as Ella smiles at her.

"You and Jackson have got children haven't you?" Ella asks looking at Ava as she nods her head slowly filling out her patients file.

"Yeah we've got three." Ava tells her as Ella smiles at her.

"Wow that's crazy." Ella comments as Ava looks at her.

"How come?" Ava questions her.

"Just Jackson was never the type of guy to settle down and now he has a wife and has three children." Ella says as Ava hands her tablet to the nurse.

"Why what type of guy did Jackson seem like to you?" Ava asks intrigued to know what this woman thought of her husband.

"Me and Jackson were always out together at bars and parties sometimes Charles or Reed would come along April was a lot harder to convince but Jackson was always there and up for some fun." She says to Ava who nods her head.

"Well I guess people mature as they get older." Ava says as Ella scoffs lightly.

"Or people change them." She says as she scoffs as Ava looks at her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ava asks growing frustrated.

"Jackson that I know hated the idea of this life said he would get too bored. Said this was the life his mother wanted for him." Ella says looking at Ava.

"Well the Jackson you knew changed a long time ago. Everything in his life was what he wanted." Ava says as she walks away.
~
Ava finished putting Mark to bed as she was sat feeding Daisy as Harry was already asleep as Jackson walked in. "Hey how was your first day back?" Jackson asks sitting on the bed as he leaned over and kisses Ava. He also places a kiss on his daughters head.

"Yeah just fine." Ava says bluntly as Jackson gets undressed as he lays in bed beside her.

"Hey is everything okay?" Jackson asks her as Ava looks at him giving him a fake smile.

"Yeah I'm just tired long day." She says as she goes and puts Daisy in the her crib. "I think these two will be ready to go in their own bedroom soon." Ava says to him.

"I guess so." Jackson says as Ava lays down and he wraps his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. "I love you." Jackson tells her.

"I love you too." Ava mumbles as Jackson quickly falls asleep as Ava lays awake a while her thoughts running away from her.

'Did Jackson really hate this idea of life? Was he even happy with her and the kids? He must be right he was the one who wanted to have more children. Maybe this was all just to keep his mother of his back.' Ava's mind wandered with questions but she soon grew restless and fell asleep.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- This new neurosurgeon is already getting into Ava's head. What could be happening?