I Am Not Waiting Anymore

Ava sat behind the desk in the E.R with her feet propped up on the desk as she closed her eyes resting her hands on her nearly full term bump.

Ava's eyes shot open as she watched Mason,April and Arizona arguing as Riggs walked over to her. "We've got a patient two minutes out are you good to help?" He asks her as his eyes falling on April before back to the Avery Surgeon.

"Yeah of course." She says as the two headed toward their patient.
~
"28-year-old female, fell over a hundred feet while rock climbing. GCS 12, intubated, multiple extremity fractures. Vitals are..." The paramedics tells them as they get off the helicopter.

"Tess. Tess. Her name is Tess." The boyfriend calls as Ava and Riggs look at him.

"You want to watch him, too. Mild signs of dehydration." The paramedic continues.

"I'm okay. Just help Tess, please." Her boyfriend begs them.

"All right, Tess. We got you, okay? You stay with us, all right? Stay with us." Ava says to her patient.
~
"She's hypoxic on 100%." Ava says as she looks at Riggs.

"Okay, she's gonna need another tube on the right." Riggs tells them.

"It's all right, Tess. I'm right here." Micheal says to her as he sat beside her.

"Sir, Michael, you need to leave the room. We need room to work." Ava says as she looks down at Micheal.

"Don't worry, baby. I'm not gonna leave you, okay?
I love you. I love you. I love you so much." Micheal says to her.

"BP's dropping." Blake tells them as Ava nods.

"What's happening?" Micheal asks frightened and confused.

"Free fluid in the belly and she's still hypotensive
after multiple units of blood and plasma. We got to get her up." Ava says as Riggs nods at her suggestion.

"Blake, when you're done there, we need to get her ready for transport." Riggs tells them.

"No, no, no. I can't leave her." Micheal says to them as Ava shares a look with Riggs.

"Is that her? Oh, my God. Tess." Tess parents say as they see their daughter.

"Another set of hands up in the OR?" Ava says as she looks at Owen.

"I'll be right there." Owen reassures her as she nods at him

"I love you, Tess. I love you so much." Micheal says as they took Tess up to the O.R.
~
Ava finished up the surgery as they lost the patient as she sat down her hand resting on her bump as Masons voice caught her as she saw him arguing with April again.

Ava felt two hands rubbish her shoulders as she leaned her head in the lower stomach feeling the tension leave her body as she titled her head as she saw the green eyes she fell in love with all those years ago.

"How was your surgery?" Jackson asks her placing a small kiss on her lips as she closed eyes as he continued to massage her shoulders.

"We lost the patient it was a really low chance of her surviving but we did everything we could even with Riggs and Hunt at each other's throats. You any idea what's going on with Mase and April?" She asks her husband as he sat beside her.

"Not she's been shutting me out recently and we haven't really talked. How are these guys doing?" Jackson says as he runs his hand across her bump as Ava smiles laying her own hand over his.

"They are not setting our hopes on making any plans to make an entrance into the world anytime soon I'm really over being pregnant." Ava groans as Jackson laughs kissing her.

"Just think soon enough we'll have two beautiful children who we love as much as love our little boy we're really going to be out numbered baby." Jackson says as she chuckled at him.

"Speaking of Mark I really just want to spend as much time as possible with him while we can just the three of us I can't wait to have these babies but I don't want to lose this time with Mark." Ava says as Jackson smiles at her.

"We won't and Mark can't wait to be a big brother and he'll be a great one." Jackson reassures her as she rests her head on his shoulder.
~
Ava was sat playing with Mark as Jackson had a late surgery as there was a knock on the door as she opened it to see April.

"Hey April are you okay?" Ava says as April looks at her.

"Is Jackson here?" She asks him as her eyes glazed over.

"He's doing a late surgery but you can come in if you want." Ava says to her as April shook her head.

"No it's fine I don't want to take you away from your evening." April says as Ava smiles at her.

"My evening consists of putting cars down a ramp over and over agin so please come on in." Ava says as April nods as the two head in as Ava makes them a drink.
~
Mark was playing with his toys on the floor as Ava sat with April on the couch as they were in conversation about her pregnancy.

"How do you even do it? I mean your an amazing surgeon, mom, wife and friend." April says as she looks at Ava.

"Because I've got a village around me to help I'm lucky to have an amazing husband and amazing family and friend just like you have. I know you and Mason aren't together anymore but that doesn't mean you can't be great parents to this baby." Ava says to her.

"Things between us are so different and after Samuel I'm just really scared I couldn't survive if I lost this baby too." April says as Ava leans over and hugs her friend.

"April your one of the strongest people I know not many people could it through losing their child I knew the fear of thinking I'd lose mark and for a while I didn't want anymore kids but Jackson helped me see past that fear and no I've got two more beautiful children on the way. This baby is a blessing just have a little hope." Ava says to her as they smile at each as they continue to talk.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- Just a little notice that the next chapter Ava will have the twins and I have a good idea for their birth but it's not going be easy and I would like to know who you like to deliver her baby as it won't be expected the way she gives birth. I was thinking that maybe it could be Jo or Amelia or Meredith. As I want her to develop a good friendship with Jo because of Alex.