Support System

"You've found a 7.5 centimeter triple-a on your 85-year-old patient. Go." Callie says to Ava as they walk around the park as Callie pushes Sofia.

"Get an angio, assess his pulmonary and cardiac function,and see if he's a candidate for endovascular repair." Ava answers.

"Nope." Callie says.

"Why not?" Ava asks her confused as she looks at Callie.

"Because the patient's dead.You killed him. He's dead." Callie tells Ava as she shakes her head.

"I didn't kill him. I did a stent graft and now he's living without the threat of a rupture, which is not dead." Ava explains to Callie.

"Mm. I think you should buy him flowers, 'cause he dead." Callie teases Ava as she shakes her again.

"He is not dead.I saved him the complications
of an open procedure with a minimally invasive technique.He's... not dead.Why are we stopping?" Ava asks as they stop walking.

"Because we're done." Callie tells her as Ava looks at her mentor.

"Because I killed him?I told you, I did not kill him." Ava tells Callie.

"I know, and so do you,even when I try to psych you out of it,which means...You're ready for the boards.The Torres method is inside you.
So I'm gonna go home to my wife because I am sick of pushing this baby around this park...Every morning at the butt crack of dawn." Callie says as she begins to walk away.

"Uh, you're free, Shepherd.Go do whatever it is you do." Callie shouts to her as Ava chuckles before she heads to the hospital.
-
Ava was paged to the conference room as she sees Jackson hanging out pieces of paper to the attending's.

"Hey why have I been paged here?" Ava asks as all the attending's share a look as none of them paged her.

"When did hunt bump up the doughnut budget?" Arizona asks as she eats the doughnut and marks walks in smartly dressed.

"As chief, I'm a firm believer that a nice variety of baked goods is the right way to start any meeting." Mark tells them as he smiles taking a seat at the head of the table as Ava looks at Jackson.

"As chief?" Bailey asks him confused.

"What are you talking about?" Derek asks.

"Seriously? Seriously? Whoa, whoa, whoa." Everyone says to Mark.

"Wait. What happened?" Arizona asks him.

"Okay, calm down, everyone.Dr. Hunt and Dr. Yang are down with the flu.I'll be acting chief in Dr. Hunt's absence.Could be a day. Could be a week.What do we got for today?" Mark tells them as he gets a doughnut.

"Let me get this straight.Dr. Hunt asked you to fill in as chief--You, Mark Sloan,by name?" Bailey asks Mark as Ava tries not to laugh.

"Yes, he did.Any other questions?" Mark asks them.

"Yeah why am I here?" Ava asks him as Mark turns to her.

"Your Hunts right hand women and since he's not here I thought I'd take you under my wing for the time he's off. Have you got anything to be doing?" Mark asks Ava.

"No I don't because I'm ready for my boards and I've got all my paper work done." Ava says as Callie smiles at her.

"It's true our young shepherd is all ready for her boards and your going to make us Ortho goddesses look even more amazing when you boss them." Callie tells her as Derek smiles proudly at his sister.
-
"Oh. Where have you been?"We're halfway through the new batch of flash cards." April exclaims to Jackson as he and Ava as they walk over.