You Haven't Done Nothin'

Ava had been closed off lately as she was shutting everyone out. She had been staying in the guest bedroom at home and avoiding Jackson. She had been working all the time she could and was taking care of the kids on a night as Jackson sorted them in a morning.

"Yeah, I've got a depressed skull fracture. Is Amy here yet?" Ava says looking at Owen.

"I don't know." He tells her as Ava looks up at him.

"Didn't you come in together?" Ava asks concerned for her sister.

" your guess is as good as mine where she is." Owen says as they walks towards a patient.

"Hey. I-I got to get home." The patient calls out as Ava walks over to him.

"Uh, sir, you need to lie down." Ava instructs them.

"My wife is" he says as Ava looks at him.

"I understand that, sir. What's your name?" She asks as Owen stands beside.

"Charlie." He tells them.

"Okay, Charlie, what I need you to do -- Ugh! All right. Thank you, Charlie." Ava says as Charlie throws up all over her.

"We got you. We got you." Owen says as he lays Charlie down.

"Okay. I need an intubation tray and a central line kit. Draw a CBC and a cross-match. You guys, open up a trauma room." Ava calls out to them.

"Riggs, we're gonna need a hand here." Owen shouts as they continue to work on the patient.
~
Ava was seeing to some of the other patients from the building collapse as Alex walked up beside her. "Hey you got a minute?" He asks her as Ava turns to him.

"Yeah let me just finish up here." She says as she finishes up with one of her patients as her and Alex go and sit on the stairs.

"I just want to say I'm sorry for an crap I've pulled over the years and that you have been my family. Since the day we started you've had my back and I'm grateful for that." Alex says as Ava gives him a small smile.

"I'll always have your back and what's this some goodbye." Ava says as she looks at him.

"I just don't know what's going to happen tomorrow but if I don't see you after court I just wanted you to know. I guess you regret naming your daughter after a felon." Alex says as Ava shakes her head.

"You Alex Karev have been a pain in my ass since we started here. But you've changed and your not the same person you were none of us are. I am proud to name my daughter after you. You thought you were doing the right thing protecting Jo. There's not a lot of guys out there who would go to those lengths to protect someone they love. So no I don't regret it and I never will." Ava says as she hugs him as he hugs her back.

"Can you do me a favour?" Alex asks as Ava smiles at him.

"What is it?" She asks him.

"Make sure mers okay and keep an eye out for Jo she's need someone. I need to know she'll be okay." Alex says as Ava looks at him.

"I've got them you got my word." Ava says as she hugs Alex again as her pager goes off and she goes to check on her patients.
~
Ava was walking around as she saw Jo sat on one of the gurneys as she sat beside her. "Are you okay Wilson?" Ava asks as Jo looks at her.

"Alex told you didn't he?" Jo says as Ava looks at her confused.

"Alex didn't tell me anything just that I'll look out for you. I promised him I would and I still owe you from the twins." Ava says as Jo gives her a small smile.

"You don't owe me anything Ava." Jo says as Ava looks at her.

"If you need to talk I'm here and I'm a pretty good listener." Ava says to her as jo looks at her.

"Thanks but this is something i need to do on my own." Jo tells her as Ava nods her head.

"Well if you need anything at all you come find me." Ava says with a small smiles as she walks away leaving jo in her thoughts.
~
Ava had gone to check on the kids as she felt someone grab her arm. "Hey." She exclaims as she looks at Jackson.

"Webber needs us." Jackson says as Ava looks at him.

"Fine let's go." Ava says as Jackson follows her as Richard meant a lot to her so she was willing to listen to whatever was happening.
~
"Look, I know a lot of you guys didn't come up in this program. But I did. April did.And the difference between the education that we got at Mercy West and what we got under Webber?" Jackson says looking at his best friend.

"No, there's no comparison." April says to them.

"This is ridiculous." Arizona comments as Ava nods agreeing.

"He is the program. He has been for years and he's trained some of us. He's trained some of the best surgeons in the world." Ava says as Jackson nods agreeing with her.

"So, if you guys are as pissed as we are... - Yes! and you really, really should be..." Jackson says as they all look to see Maggie and Richard.

"See? It's not just me." Maggie says to him as they all smile at him.
~
Ava rocks Harry as he had woke up crying as she tries to get him back to sleep. Ava begins to hum a song as she rocks Harry back to sleep. She hears a knock on the door as she headed downstairs to see Amelia. "Hey you okay?" Ava asks as she opens the door.

"Yeah I didn't mean to interrupt I just I need a place to crash for a while." Amelia says as Ava smiles at her.

"Come on in." Ava says as she hold the door open as Amelia walks in. "You can take the guest bedroom it's at the 1st door on the right." Ava says as Amelia gives her a small smile.

"Where's Jackson?" She asks as Ava looks at her.

"At the hospital I think anyway I'm just going to put him to sleep and then I'll be down." Ava says as she puts Harry down.

She came back downstairs as she saw Amelia looking at all the pictures. "When did you take that one?" Amelia asks point to one of with Derek,Mark,Owen,Jackson, Meredith, Cristina and Ava.

"That's the day we passed our boards."  Ava says as she smiles at the picture as Ava goes and sits down with Amelia as neither of them felt like talking so they ended up watching a show.