Merlin One-Shots!!

smolgaybean_

I will take any suggestions. if you have an au you love please message me and I will gladly write a story for... Еще

Hunting trip
Family
Reveal
The lost Prince of Anahaven
Life after Camlann
Defying destiny
Storm
Beauty and the Bestie
Flowers
Flowers part 2
The boy who sat by the lake
Stupid Laws
Stupid Laws part two
Stupid Laws part three
Gwaine
So many secrets
Butterfly Wing
Scars and Bruises
Monster
Party
Friends with benefits
Another Reveal
Don't touch him, understand?
Starting over
Innuendo
New friend
Love is hard
Tavern trip
Nightmare
Here for you
Everybody wants to rule the world
I didn't think you cared
Big Brother
My King, my destiny
Highschool bullies
Heart of a dragon
Heart of a dragon #2
Heart of a dragon #3
Coffee dates
Risen
lady of the lake
Magic Bois
Cold Shoulder
Stolen
Only you
Royal Blood
For you
Midnight confessions
Dysfunctional family
The monster in a cage
its a date
Drinking stories
just gonna leave this here
Curse
Fighter
Fellas, I think I killed a god...?
Just Friends eh?
WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING
I guess I am a father now
Parade
In over his head
Another one?
Coming of age
The Thief
We fell in love in October
Mr Loverman
As the world caves in
Eyes like burning gold
Symphony
Snapshot
Here for you
Banquets and Bruises
Group chat
Temptation of the Knight
Something domestic
water fights
Shadow Oracle #1
Shadow Oracle #2
Venus' book
Stories of the past

Imposter

1.4K 73 20
smolgaybean_

The news of magic being legalized in Camelot spread throughout the five kingdoms very quickly. In all the excitement something happened that the young warlock would never have expected.

.

.

.

“My name is Emrys, my lord, and I have spent years watching over you from the shadows. The druids believe now is the time to reveal myself. I have come to pledge allegiance to the crown.”

Merlin scoffed at the sorcerer knelt before his king, earning many incredulous looks from attendants. Arthur looked at him as if he had grown another head, not being able to fathom why this idiot of a servant would scoff at a sorcerer. Not that Merlin cared in the slightest. He was fuming at the fact that his well earned name was being dragged through the mud.

Arthur broke out of his stupor and glared at the man before him. “Why should I believe a word you say?” He sneered, eyeing his servant out the corner of his eye who had balled his fists and was shaking visibly.

“Because it is my destiny to serve you, sire. I am the most powerful sorcerer to have ever walked the earth and-”

“Warlock.”

The hall fell silent as Merlin pushed himself off the wall and stalked towards the fraud. Said fraud paled slightly but kept his arrogant facade.

“What did you say, boy?” The sorcerer spat. Merlin's gaze hardened but his face was as relaxed as ever.

"Honestly if you are going to pretend to be Emrys at least learn the legend correctly. It's warlock, not sorcerer. Emrys was born with magic, he did not learn it."

"What do you know." Anyone could tell the sorcerer was suddenly terrified. Arthur almost laughed at the thought that Merlin, Merlin, scared a man of such power. That is if he really was who he said he was.

"I know that the druids did not send you, that you do not possess the power Emrys holds and that you have in fact never stepped foot in Camelot before. Pretty useless bodyguard you would make."

The sorcerer was struck to silence, opening and closing his mouth as the words to explain escaped him.

"Merlin what on earth are you going on about." Arthur exclaimed, watching the exchange with confusion and hidden amusement.

"This man is a fraud. He is not the Emrys of legend. In fact he isn't even remotely close to Emrys' power." Merlin's stare bore into the man who was cowering at the anger portrayed on his face. Cowering.

"Do tell Merlin how you know?" Arthur would be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying this.

"Because I am Emrys." Arthur's smile dropped completely. The sorcerer at his feet jerked his head up looking utterly horrified.

Before Arthur could get a word out, Merlin's eyes flashed gold and Arthur's gauntlet was pulled off his hand. Merlin caught it and threw it at the imposter's feet, not caring that it hit his shins. The knights stared in both shock and amusement as the carefree Merlin became more and more enraged by this man.

Arthur could barely contain his emotions, not all of which were negative. In fact he was feeling such pride that Merlin, his Merlin could put up such a fight. That he would risk so much to defend his honour, his title. Although betrayal simmered beneath his skin. The ban on magic had been lifted and yet Merlin still kept his gift a secret. Why?

"Pick it up." Merlin's tone was not to be quarrelled with and the sorcerer obeyed. He was trembling so much the gauntlet rattled between his fingers.

"You have an hour. Meet me in the courtyard." With that the servant stormed out of the throne room, slamming the door shut with his magic as he left.

The man bowed his head in shame, deeply regretting his decision. Well it wasn't exactly his decision, but he did volunteer. He was about to battle the most powerful warlock to have ever lived. God how he hoped the plan would work.

---

Arthur had followed his servant leaving the Knights to deal with the imposter for the time being. Anger bubbled beneath his skin but he pushed it away. A screaming match was not what Merlin needed right now.

"Leave me alone Arthur." Merlin called over his shoulder as he made his way down to the armoury. Wait the armoury? Was Merlin planning to fight this man without the aid of magic?

"Not until you explain what the hell just happened!" So much for no shouting Arthur.

"I am sick and tired of this. That was the last bloody straw. Now leave or I swear to god I will turn you into a donkey again."

"That was you!" Arthur screeched. Merlin gave him a look and pointed to the door. Arthur pouted but left all the same, not wanting to test the boys patience.

---

Merlin circled the sorcerer, who had disclosed that his name was actually Tarrus. His eyes burned with fury, a deep gold to match. Tendrils of gold snaked across his face making him look strangely angelic. Such power has never been seen before and Merlin was revelling in every fearful stare.

To say he was past his breaking point would be the understatement of the millennia. Years of hard work protecting the royal prat for his name to be tarnished by this insolent, naive sorcerer. He was beyond furious.

Arthur watched on surrounded by his Knights. All of which looked like they were about to either faint or burst out laughing.

Just as the sorcerer was about to utter a spell he was thrown back into the wall. Merlin didn't even flinch as the boy cried out in pain. He stalked forward and held out his hand. The boy was lifted off the floor and hovering three feet in the air by some invisible force. That force clamped around his neck, moving with Merlin's hand.

"Why have you come here? I assume it wasn't just to insult my years of work." Merlin asked, scarily calm.

"She wanted to draw you out." Merlin's eyes narrowed and found himself asking a question he really didn't want to know the answer to.

"Who?" The boy opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the deafening roar of a dragon. Merlin let go of the grip and sighed. A pure white dragon was circling overhead, a figure dressed in all black sat on its back.

"For crying out loud I thought I killed you!" Merlin yelled, throwing his hands up in the air.

Morgana.

"I knew that would draw you out." Morgana sneered. Merlin rolled his eyes and with a flick of his wrist pulled Morgana of the dragon and sent her plummeting down to earth. He caught he in a net of gold just before she hit the floor, letting her down forcefully but not enough to kill her.

"How dare you!" She screamed, climbing back up to her feet. But Merlin simply rolled his eyes, casting a non verbal spell that clamped her mouth shut.

"Now that you are done screaming why the hell are you still attacking Camelot when the ban on magic has been lifted! Are you really that driven by revenge you would risk the future of Albion? I have not worked for ten years to keep that clotpole alive, safe from the likes of you to have it ruined within the first week! Leave now and don't come back again."

Morgana broke through the enchantment and opened her mouth once more. Completely sick of this whole situation, Merlin called for Aithusa.

"Take her as far away as possible and do not let her get anywhere near Camelot again." He ordered in dragon tongue. Aithusa bowed her head and picked up her mistress who was screaming bloody murder at the disrespect. Merlin smirked inwardly as the dragon took of, staying like that until they were no more than a black dot in the sky.

Then the sorcerer tried to make a run for it. How thick does one have to be to imagine a scenario where that ended well?

"Where do you think you're going?" Merlin's voice echoed across the courtyard. He didn't even turn to face the boy, simply flicked his wrist and sent him flying into the wall this time knocking him out.

"Do with him as you will." The Knights looked to their king, who discretely motioned for them to detain the boy.

Arthur however made his way over to the warlock who was panting heavily after that rather impressive yet terrifying display. The king cautiously laid a hand on Merlin's shoulder only for him to collapse into his chest; out of exhaustion or regret Arthur will never know.

"I'm sorry." Ok maybe regret.

"Don't be. If we had trusted him, god knows what would have happened. You saved Camelot again." Merlin gave a half hearted smiled and put more of his weight in Arthur.

"That was kind of fun." Merlin whispered making Arthur bark out a laugh.

"I have to say that was pretty impressive!"

"Impressive? That was bloody brilliant!" Gwaine called from the huddle of Knights at the door. Merlin giggled slightly, yawning as he did so. He hasn't used that much magic since the isle of the blessed when he conjured that lightening bolt.

"We should probably talk about all this." Arthur stated. Merlin hummed in agreement and tried to stand up, but found himself falling back into Arthur's arms. "On second thoughts you look about to collapse. Maybe you should go lie down."

"Wow." Merlin giggled. Arthur quirked his eyebrow making Merlin laugh harder. "If I knew this was all it took to get an afternoon off I would have done this a long time ago!"

Badass Merlin at it again! Hope you all enjoyed :)

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

75.6K 1.1K 30
This is a bunch of BBC Merlin one shots because I love Merlin and all his people. I don't do Merthur sorry. I do take suggestions and propmts! I DON...
18.3K 913 19
Prince Merlin au. Very angsty but has a very fluffy ending! disclaimer i do not own any of these characters
136K 3.1K 48
Pls do read this! It starts out bad but I get better at writing as time passes! This is a merthur one shot book it is going to be almost all fluff m...
15.9K 497 6
I got the inspiration for this story from a similar oneshot on Fanfiction.net by Aeon The Dimensional Girl if the user wishes for me to take this one...