forelsket | alec lightwood

By concupiscentz

(n.) the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love. More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56

28

5.2K 150 67
By concupiscentz

I laid on my stomach, flipping another page of the book I was reading that morning, the sun shining in Alec's room as he laid asleep next to me.

I was dressed in beige off the shoulder sweater as it was loosely tucked into my belted ripped jeans, my boots laying on the ground a few feet away from the bed.

I held Alec's hand, my gaze focusing on the words of the book that laid in front of me while I was propped on my elbows, my legs folded up as my socked feet dangled in the air.

Alec turns away from me, instantly pulling up his free hand when he's awoken by the shining sunlight, covering his squinting eyes.

He groans lightly and turns onto his back, his eyes falling onto me, pulling his body up lightly so he can turn to face me.

Alec turns on his side facing me, nuzzling his face into the pillow, "Good morning."

"Morning." I leaned over and pecked my lips against his, "It's about time you woke up."

Alec's eyebrows furrow, "It's early."

"Honey, it's noon." I almost laughed, kissing his cheek, my free hand resting on my book to make sure I didn't lose where I was while looking at him.

Alec squeezed my hand that he hadn't let go of, "You're reading?"

"I'm reading because I've been waiting for you to wake up so I can draw on you." I mark my page and placed my book on his nightstand, grabbing a pen, rolling into his embrace.

Alec's arm wraps around me as I did this, as I laid against his bare chest, my back to it, "You wanted to draw on me?"

"Yes, and I was afraid that if I started drawing on you while you were asleep, you would wake up." I popped the top off with my teeth, blowing it onto the bed, and began writing my name in tiny connected letters on his wrist.

Alec watched me in admiration, "It's always something different with you."

"That's what keeps it interesting." I traced over the small sketch of my name I did, running over the three letters, when moves his hand, almost making me mess up, "Stop moving!"

Alec's hand stayed still, as he nuzzled his face into my neck, his soft messy hair tickling my face.

"There." I ran over it once more and placed the pen down, "You've been marked."

Alec wraps that arm around me, holding me close, his eyes falling onto my name, "I like it."

"I have the exact same sketch in my sketch book." I began to get up.

Alec held me tighter and didn't let me move, "I was hoping we could stay in for a while."

"Alec, it's noon!" I let myself relax in his arms, wrapping my arms around him, "You're Head of the Institute."

"And everyone has their duties since really late last night- no one's gonna need me for a little while." Alec held me closer, "Please?"

"No- no-" I roll on top of him, "If you don't get up right now, I'm going to roll off this bed and take you with me."

The blanket was already wrapped around the both of us as I laid on Alec, him pressing his lips into mine for a moment, "You won't."

"Don't doubt me!" I turn off the bed, the both of us hitting the ground with a thud, rolling into the middle of the room.

"You know what- that's completely fine." Alec lays on me, leaning his head against my chest, "We can lay here all day."

I stare at him in complete disbelief, and couldn't help the smile on my lips as he stared at me with the same exact smile playing on his.

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood." I placed my hands on his shoulders, quietly laughing, "Get up."

"Oh, the full name- am I in trouble?" Alec stood up and took me with him, the blanket pressed between us as now his black joggers were now visible.

"Alec!" I laughed, hitting his arm lightly, "Put me down!"

Alec's mouth turns up, as he presses his lips into mine for a second, then throwing me onto his bed, tossing the blanket onto me, grabbing a sweatshirt, pulling it over his head.

"Are you leaving to brush your teeth?" I asked, holding the blanket as a shield as I looked at him from behind it, all giddy, "Thank god-"

Alec bit his bottom lip to hold back a laugh, grabbing one of his pillows and hits me with it, making me squeal lightly and throw the blanket over myself to shield myself away, as he leaves the room.

I laid in his bed for a few moments, enjoying how his blanket and pillows smelled just like him.

I got up, put on my boots and walked over to his dresser, fixing my loosely curled hair, my eyes falling on my mascara that sat on the surface.

I was in here so much that so many things of mine were in here.

Alec walks in a few moments later, changing into black jeans and pulling on the red shirt I made him get a little while ago, making me look back at him and gasp.

Alec looks at me, my eyes were wide with excitement, "You're wearing the red shirt!"

"I'm wearing the red shirt." Alec chuckled softly and walks over to me, running a hand through his hair.

"It looks so good-" I placed my hands on his chest, looking up at him, "See, this was a smart decision."

Alec pecks my lips as I smiled, him walking over and putting on socks and his boots, tying up the laces.

I grab my mascara, twisting it open, brushing off the excess and running the brush through my lashes a few times, before closing it back up.

A moment or two later, I suddenly feel the need to yawn, closing my eyes and rubbing them, completely forgetting just for that second that I had mascara on, accidentally smudging and smearing all over my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I gasp when I notice my messed up mascara and Alec walking behind me, his hands behind his back, bending over so his chin hovered over my shoulder, looking at me through the mirror.

He looked like he was trying to hold back the biggest laugh, "You look like a raccoon."

I gasp again, looking at him, "Alec!"

Alec broke out into a smile, bursting out into laughter as he stood straight, my hand hitting his arm lightly.

Alec grabs my makeup wipes and holds them in front of me, as I stared up at him and he stared up at me, only I holding a straight face and him trying not to smile wider than he already was.

My expression softens as I grabbed the makeup wipes from him and grabbed one from them, wiping away my messed up mascara and redoing it.

I looked back at him when I finished, a sudden thought crossing my mind, "Alec, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Alec was confused, "Why?"

"Alec." I walked over to him and placed my hands on his chest, staring up at him, "Have you decided what you're going to report to the Clave?"

"I'm torn." Alec sighs deeply at the thought and wraps his arms around me, "If I don't tell the Clave about Luke's attempt on Valentine's life, I'm in violation- if they find out, I could be de-runed."

"Whatever you decide, I'll stand by you." I told him honestly, "I don't want you to not tell them because of me- whatever you choose, I love you all the same."

"I love you too." Alec's expression softens, as he presses his lips into mine once more.

-

I sat on my bed, my eyes scanning the book I was reading this morning, holding my jacket in my lap right before I was supposed to meet Alec, Jace and Isabelle in the Ops Center.

Jace walks in, closing the door behind him and I didn't even glance at him, wanting to finish the chapter I was on.

Jace sighs deeply and groans.

I continue reading.

Jace takes a step closer and groans again, except once more, I pay no mind to him, despite me being aware of his appearance.

Jace groans louder and longer this time, throwing himself onto my bed, making me look up from my book.

"Okay, I'll bite-" I mark my spot and place the book on my nightstand, looking at him, "What?"

"Something happened at the Seelie Court and I really need to talk to you about it." Jace sat up.

"Okay." I nod once, "What is it?"

Jace inhales sharply, "Simon decided to tag along and the Seelie Queen wanted to talk to him alone. When he came back- the Seelie Queen wouldn't let us leave and would kill Simon and I- if Clary didn't kiss one of us."

"And she kissed Simon?" I placed a hand on his hand, feeling guilty, "I'm sorry, Jace."

"Zee- the kiss that would set us free from the vines she trapped us in was the kiss Clary most desired." Jace stared at him, "Clary kissed me."

I gasped, covering my mouth and jumped up, "Clary kissed you?"

"Yeah." Jace got up, walking over to me as I watched him with with eyes filled with excitement.

"Wait, Simon-" I instantly felt guilty again, my hands dropping, "Poor Simon-"

"Yeah." Jace inhales sharply and began walking with me down the hall, "Now- Clary won't even talk to me."

I exhale deeply, slipping my jacket on and shaking my head at what he had just told me, "I hate the Seelie Queen."

"Look, I'm not a huge fan either." Jace walks with me, "But like her or not, Seelie magic doesn't lie."

I looked at him, "Jace."

"What happened at the Seelie Court, it was real." Jace continued and spoke to me only with honesty, "I felt it- I know Clary did too."

I ran a hand through my hair, "Just- slow down for a moment, okay?"

Jace stops and looks at me, making me stop as well, "Zee, I can't just erase my feelings."

"Jace- you know how much I love you, and want nothing more for you to be happy." I looked at him, feeling guilty as I said this, "And especially how much I want you and Clary together, but- maybe you should give it a rest for a little?"

Jace stares down at me for a moment, "Why?"

"She's not in a good place right now- I mean, what happened teared her apart." I inhale sharply, "I'd save it until everything's back to normal, okay? Then- I'll be giving up all sorts of tips."

A small smirk cracked on Jace's expression, "I don't need tips to win a girl over."

"You need restraint, that's for damn sure." I nudge him lightly, this only earning a small chuckle from him as Jace and I join Alec and Isabelle in the Ops Center, not noticing Sebastian.

"I've requested that we move Valentine to the Gard in Idris." Alec exhales deeply when we came to a stop, "The Clave has approved the transfer."

I stood next to Alec, looking extra small next to him due to the three inches I didn't have on today.

I decided not to wear heeled boots, and instead wore boots that had no boost in height in them, making me remain at my height.

Jace crosses his arms, "You told them about the assassination attempt?"

"No." Alec looks at me immediately as he said this, his eyes locked with mine, "I explained to them that moving Valentine out of the city is the best way to restore relations with the Downworld- I left Luke out of it."

"Oh my God." I stare at him, my eyes slightly widening as I placed my hand on his, realizing how now if someone found out and informed the Clave he would be in serious trouble, "Alec."

I didn't know how to feel.

He was putting himself in jeopardy, and it made me scared for him but it also made my heart warm at how much he cared.

Alec's eyes linger with me, "Love me all the same, right?"

I squeeze his hand and kiss his cheek, "Always."

"It is the right decision." Sebastian cleared his throat, as I had finally noticed that he was here as well.

Alec inhales sharp, "But- we have not given up on finding who orchestrated the hit on Valentine."

"I actually have a few leads on that." Sebastian speaks up, "I'll get a report in by end of day."

"Great." Alec nods as Sebastian walks away, him looking down at me, "Zee, you'll be leading the transfer mission. Isabelle, Jace, you will assist."

"We need to remove Valentine's Circle Rune." Isabelle mentions, "The new wards in Idris won't let him pass with it on."

I smirk, "Jace, do you want the honors?"

"Thought you'd never ask." Jace smiles, as Isabelle nods and walks away from us, Jace grabbing a tablet to look over something.

Alec leans closer to me, "Tell me that I'm making the right call- 'cause between you and me, I'm just not sure I'm good at this."

"What?" I almost laughed as I stared up at my boyfriend with wide eyes, "What're you talking about? You were born for this job- you're a born leader."

"Think of it like archery." I held both of his hands, "Just trust yourself- don't hesitate. "

"And beyond that, just cross your fingers." Jace joins, nudging him, making me shoot him a look.

"Really, Jace?" I almost glared at him for ruining the moment, "I was attempting to give my boyfriend a good pep talk-"

"Regardless of him ruining it, you did great." Alec kisses my forehead and makes me smile.

"Hey, have you seen my sketch book?" I looked between them, "I couldn't find it in my room."

Alec instantly shrugged, "No- nope, no idea."

"Is that Zee's name?" Jace noticed the sketch on the center of Alec's right wrist, "Wow- is that a tattoo?"

"No, it's pen-" Alec began to say when his eyes widen instantly when he watches Jace grabs his wrist and rub his thumb over it to check its authenticity, accidentally smudging the black ink, "You son of a bitch."

"Let me just-" I began taking a few steps back.

Then, Jace runs behind me and scoops me off my feet, pointing at Alec and holding me with one arm with ease, "You can't hurt me if I have her!"

"Says who?" Alec raises his voice back, running towards us as Jace ran off with me in his arms, a shriek leaving my lips.

-

I knocked on Clary's door, her sigh sounding through it, "Come in."

"We're transferring Valentine to Idris tonight." I walked into her room, placing my hands on my waist, "I assume you want to be part of the mission."

Clary pauses, "Actually, I don't."

"What?" I blink, "Really?"

"I have to go sort all this out with Simon." Clary exhales deeply and sat on the bed, "In person."

"Jace told me what happened." I sat next to her and grabbed her hands, "I know it's none of my business, but after what you guys just went through, maybe you should give Simon some time."

"No." Clary shook her head, "No, I can't let him think that what happened at the Seelie Court is how I really feel."

"Clary, you're not considering all the facts." I let go of her hands, folding my together, "Seelie magic might trick you, but it's always true, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself it's not."

Clary stares at me, not replying.

"I know it's confusing." I began quietly, "But- you can have feelings for two people at the same time. It doesn't make you a bad person."

-

"Valentine's Circle rune has been removed and I've assembled my team." I walked into Alec's office, my hands on my waist.

"Good." Alec inhales sharply, "I'll feel a lot better when he's out of the Institute."

"Have you secured a warlock for the transfer?" I questioned, standing by his desk, "Because- I mean, I understand this is last minute but I think we should consider using a different warlock then Magnus."

"We're talking about portalling the Clave's Most Wanted into Idris." Alec got up, placing a hand on my back as he lead me out of his office, "There's not many warlocks with that clearance."

"I was just on the phone with Magnus and- he isn't exactly in a great place right now." I walked with him, "He hasn't been sleeping- and I don't know."

Alec looks down at me, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know, he says nothing's wrong, but- I can tell he's not alright." I inhale sharply, "I'll talk to him- if he isn't up for it, we can do a different warlock- maybe Catarina Loss?"

Alec nods, when I notice the bandage under his sleeve on his right wrist, as I stopped and grabbed his wrist, "Alec?-"

Then, Sebastian walks over to us, "There you are."

"Any update on the mole?" Alec pulled his wrist away from me and puts his hands behind his back.

"Yeah." Sebastian nods, "Whoever it was is a clever one- left absolutely no trace."

"But- I've been auditing personnel files." Sebastian continued, "I've found a few Shadowhunters who have a personal stake in wanting Valentine dead."

"Family members killed, relatives lost to the Circle." Sebastian held the tablet tighter in his hands, "All with enough access and clearance to pull it off."

Alec nods, "Send me the list when you're done."

"By the angel." Isabelle gasped from the few feet away from us and walked over to an old friend, hugging her.

"Aline." I smiled, walking down the steps with Alec and Sebastian, hugging her for a brief moment.

"In the flesh." Aline softly laughs once, holding me just for a second longer, whispering in my ear, "Congrats on catching the Lightwood."

I giggle, squeezing her and pulling away.

Alec also smiled at her, "It's been years."

Isabelle puts a strand of her hair behind her hair, "What are you doing here?"

"I would've given you a heads up but I didn't want to spook my dear cousin." Aline looks at a nervous Sebastian, "Who disappears for half a year only to show up here."

Aline's serious expression cracked into a smile as she threw her arms out, "Come here, you gorgeous Englishman."

Sebastian exhales in relief and hugs her, "It's good to see you, Aline."

Alec then is called to the side, "Sorry, excuse me-"

"I'm sorry, I have to go as well, but it was amazing to see you, Aline." I smiled, before walking away from them.

-

I held my sketch book in my hand, completely confused on how it got back where it was.

It was missing earlier today and I couldn't find it at all, but now it was back on the desk I had it on as always.

I was speechless, Alec walking into my room as I looked back at him, "My sketch book is suddenly back right where it was?"

Alec shrugs, his hands behind his back, "Maybe you just misplaced it."

"Alec, it wasn't here and I haven't seen it all day." I set it down and walked over to him, crossing my arms, "I would've known."

"Okay, I give." Alec confesses, "I borrowed it."

I was confused, "Why would you need my sketch book?"

Alec pursed his lips and brings his right hand forward, my eyes falling onto his bandaged wrist.

"I was going to ask you about the bandage-" I gently grabbed that wrist, "Did you hurt yourself?"

Alec looked like he was holding back a smile, a nervous expression crossing his face, "Just unwrap it."

I shot him a look in confusion, before carefully unwrapping the white bandage, instantly freezing when I see what is on his wrist.

"I thought Jace smudged it." I stare at the fresh black ink on Alec's wrist, his skin irritated around it, the sketch of my name engraved into his skin.

Alec's eyes scan my shocked expression, "Do you like it?"

I don't reply, as I tossed the bandage and immediately start rubbing my thumb against the tattoo roughly, a thought crossing my mind that this was a joke.

"Ow, Zee- that hurts!" Alec's other hand grabbed my wrist to try and pull my hand away, "No matter how much you rub it, it won't come off!"

"Oh my god, you idiot!-" I stopped and looked up at him with wide eyes, "You got my name tattooed?"

Alec squints at me suspiciously, "Yes, and I needed your sketch book for the exact sketch because Jace smudged the one you drew."

Alec then adds, "And I really liked the sketch so- I got it tattooed."

I stare at him as if he had went insane, "You're acting so causal about this-"

Alec shot back, not paying much mind to my mini freak out, "And you're acting so crazy about this."

"Alec, that's permanent!" I hit his arm lightly, "The only permanent tattoo like things on your body should be runes, not my name-"

Alec wraps his arms around me and pulls me into him, "Well, we're permanent, aren't we?"

This makes me forget everything I was about to say next and my expression to soften.

I placed my hands on his chest, the look on my face only filled with admiration, "We're permanent."

Alec leans his forehead against mine, "I'm taking this as a yes, you do like it?"

"I love it- so much, that I don't even know how to express how much I love you-" I stammer.

"I can think of one way." Alec closes the distance and presses his lips into mine, a wide smile on both our faces.

-

"Magnus, I have so much to tell you!" I bursted through his door and closed it behind me to see him sitting on the couch alone, holding a half empty drink, staring into nothingness, "Magnus?"

It was almost like he didn't hear me.

I took a step closer to him, "Magnus!"

Magnus blinks and looks at me with wide eyes, quickly recovering, "Well- hello, biscuit."

"I was just about to make myself a drink." Magnus got up and walked over to his stand, "Want one?"

"No." I watched him, slipping off my jacket, putting it down, "We're transporting Valentine to Idris."

"Even more reason." Magnus pours two drinks and held them up, spinning to face me, "We can toast to Valentine's highly anticipated departure."

"Magnus." I took the drink he handed me and set it down, "You're my family- if fact, you're closer than family."

Magnus froze, staring at me.

"I love you, and I know something's up with you." I stared up at him, "Whatever it is, I'm here for you."

"I appreciate it, biscuit." Magnus turns and sets the metal cocktail shaker down, "But- I'm fine."

"No, you're not." I shot back, his movements stopping again, "I'm sorry, but you've been there for me whenever I needed you, and now I want to be there for you, so I won't leave until you talk to me about it."

Magnus exhales deeply and sets down the drink in his hand, turning to face me, "When I was tortured in Valentine's body, that agony rune made me relive my worst memory."

"And now I can't get it out of my head." Magnus' voice almost cracked as he sat back down, folding his hands focused, "Every time I close my eyes-"

I sat on my knees in front of him, "What is it?"

"Remember I told you how I found my mother dead by her own hand?" Magnus' words sparked a distant memory in my mind, "My stepfather found me shortly after."

Magnus was tearing up at the thought, "He screamed at me- he called me an abomination."

I stared at him with slight wide eyes, "What?"

"He was right." Magnus' voice broke, staring down at his hands and avoiding eye contact because he was breaking in front of me, "He blamed me for her suicide- he said that she hated herself for giving birth to a monster. So, I lashed out- with all the magic I had."

"I burned him, biscuit." A tear fell from his eye, nothing but hurt and shame in them, "Right where he stood- I murdered my stepfather."

"You were just a boy." My voice was a whisper, my eyes glued to him, "You weren't in control of your powers."

"Yes, actually, I was." By the time Magnus hesitantly looked at him, tears were streaming down his cheeks, "I never wanted you to see this terrible, ugly side of me, of my past-"

"There's nothing ugly about you, Magnus." I grabbed his hands, staring at him, "You were a child and you were hurt. You are not a monster, and your stepfather was wrong about you, in this story, he was the monster. Because, I see someone completely different when I look at you."

"You're someone I would give my life for." I squeeze his hands in comfort, "I wouldn't just give my life for a monster."

Magnus stares at me, another tear falling, "Biscuit."

I got up, sitting next to him and wrapping him in my embrace, holding him.

-

I came to a stop next to Alec outside of Valentine's cell as he was brought to the center, where he stood chained, eyeing us all.

Alec had his hands behind his back, "Valentine Morgenstern, by order of the Clave, you are hereby remanded to the Gard in Idris."

I nod towards Magnus, as he opens his portal, all of our eyes on Valentine.

Valentine's eyes landed on Magnus, spite in his tone, "I may be in a cell, but at least I'll be in Alicante where the air doesn't reek of Downworlders."

Before I could stop myself, my fist came in contact with Valentine's jaw, a grunt leaving his lips, his head snapping towards the side.

Alec places a hand on my back, holding a straight expression but I could tell he was proud.

"Let's get him out of here before I end up killing him." I mutter under my breath, before leading off to the portal, stepping in, everyone else following me.

We arrived in Idris, instantly greeted by many guards and Consul Dieudonne.

When the portal closes and there was no Valentine, my heart stopped.

Consul Dieudonne looks at me, "Where's the prisoner?"

I looked down, "I don't know, Consul Dieudonne."

Jace whispers to Isabelle and I, "What happened to Duncan?"

Consul Dieudonne speaks again, "Where the Angel is Valentine?"

authors note:

favorite gif ever, oml

also they're so cute I can't

alec is literally being so mundane for zee, like-

I can't handle how adorable they are

also, book plug : go read metanoia because if you like this book , you'll like that alec book a lot as well. you can find it on my profile !

vote and comment loadsss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 14.7K 191
COMPLETED Fluff, Heartache, Happenies, Cute Flirting
12.7K 452 10
They say all Shadowhunters are dramatic, and Alec Lightwoods seems to be no exception. Malec, post CoLS.
376K 10.6K 35
"I am so scared of what will kill me in the end For I am not prepared, I hope I will get the chance.. to be someone, To be human, Look what we've don...
2.9K 73 12
- ๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐“๐„๐ƒ ๐‘Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ง๏ฟฝ...