forelsket | alec lightwood

By concupiscentz

(n.) the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love. More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56

6

10.8K 322 110
By concupiscentz

"What happened?" Magnus threw open his doors, as we walked through his apartment, Clary and I trying to hold Luke's weak body up.

"He was attacked-" I sniffle, "He needs a warlock-"

"He needs you." Clary follows after my sentence.

Magnus places a sheet on his couch, "Put him here-"

"Where are you?" Luke calls out, "I can't find you."

He was in some sort of trance, as we tried out best to hold him down, "Clary's the key?- You want me to unlock her? To save you- to stop Valentine? Wait! Jocelyn! Jocelyn-"

"No, Luke, it's Clary." Clary held his face, "Can you hear me?"

"Clary- you and Zee need to know-" Luke reaches out for her.

"I'm here- I'm right here." She grabbed his hand.

"Listen- you have to listen to me." Luke weakly spoke, "I have to tell you, just in case-"

"Stop it- don't say it." I stop him, crossing my arms.

"No, listen to me." Luke shook his head, I open my mouth to say something but he beats me too it, "No, you need to know!"

"Was he bitten by an alpha?" Magnus questions.

"Yeah, why?" Simon looks up.

"Three, two, one-" Magnus counts down, Luke letting out a gasp, his eyes flashing green.

I gasp, Magnus walking away, Simon looking up, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Hold him down." Magnus orders, "We don't have a lot of time. It'll take a few moments to take effect."

"What's happening to him?" I question, helping hold Luke down.

"Random werewolf transformation." Magnus told me, putting a piece of bark in Luke's mouth, "It's a side effect of the poison in the alpha bite."

-

"Hey-" Simon Lewis' voice fills my ears, my head snapping up, my eyes landing on him, "You okay?"

"Shouldn't you be checking on Clary?-" I avoid his question, pulling off my jacket, my eyes scanning my white t shirt that was stained with Luke's blood.

"She's a little occupied with Luke, right now-" Simon fixed his glasses, "I know how much he means to her- and I have a feeling that he means just as much to you."

"Simon-" I looked at him, "I don't need this- talk out of pity-"

"Well- you're going to get it- you've always been like an older sister to me- so, I'm going to give you that talk." He shot back at me, looking down at me.

I place my jacket down, crossing my arms, staring at him, holding back the tears in my eyes.

"I know- you guys have the whole- emotions cloud your judgement thing- to control your feelings-" Simon inhaled, "But- knowing Luke is family to you- it's okay to- let it all out."

I looked away, "I don't have anything to let out."

"Really?" Simon stared at me, "Because- the tears in your eyes beg to differ."

My eyes snap back at his, a look of annoyance crossing my face.

"I get a good vibe from this Magnus Bane guy." Simon gave me a hopeful smile, "He seems like he knows what he's doing."

"That's because he does, Simon." I purse my lips into a small smile, "Thanks."

Simon smiles, Magnus walking in with a few things in his hands, "The bark will stop the transformation for now, but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system- and I don't have all the ingredients here."

I place my hand on the grip of one of my kindjals, "Just tell me what you need and how to get it."

"Don't even think about pulling that weapon out- because you're staying here." Magnus points at me, setting down the things in his hands and looking around for everything else he needed, "Luke will need you if he wakes up."

Clary stood up, "When he wakes up-"

"I'll go." Simon offered.

Jace walked in right on cue, "I'll go."

"Jace, what happened to you?" Magnus questioned, pointing out the blood dripping down his nose.

"Luke's car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it-" Jace barely shrugs, "I don't do mundane driving-"

I grab a tissue, walking over to him, wiping the blood away, "I should've done it-"

"If I would've let you done it, you would've died in the process-" Jace dramatically said, watching me as I wiped the blood away.

I looked at him, playfully offended, "I'll have you know, that I actually have a license."

"Oh yeah?" Jace rolls his eyes playfully, taking the tissue from him, wiping the rest of the blood off, "What do you need for the antidote?"

Simon argued, "Hey, I got this."

"Phoenix eyes, moon salt, and Idris fulgurite-" Magnus ignored how they were arguing about who should go.

"One trip to the pharmacy, it'll take two seconds." Simon started to walk past us.

"I know a guy." Jace stops him, "And, uh- I don't need him."

"Too bad." Simon shot back, "You're getting me- we'll be right back."

"One more thing." Magnus stops them, glancing at me, "I need Alexander."

"What?" I looked at him.

"Uh, why do you need Alec?" Jace questions, knowing that he didn't want to see him right now.

Magnus clears his throat, coming up with an excuse, "Virgin Shadowhunter energy."

"That explains so much." Simon remarks.

"Um, Alec, yeah- I can't." Jace shook his head.

"Jace, just ask, please." Clary walks over, "You guys need to talk."

Jace huffs, pulling Simon along, "Just don't speak to me."

-

[ alec's pov ]

Isabelle walks into the room I stood in, "Mom's in rare form today."

I face her, "She's been different since she got back from Idris."

"If you say so." Isabelle shrugs, "Same old judgmental Mom with me."

"Have you spoken to Jace yet?" She mentioned.

"He can call me when he's done chasing the little girl and-" I began to tell her.

She cuts me off, "Alec, you need to call Jace."

"No "welcome home" for the old man?" My father's voice fills the room, my head snapping up, noticing him and Max running over to me.

I crouch, as he ran into my arms, "Max!"

"Daddy-" Isabelle hugged our father.

"What are you doing back so soon?" I pull away, staying crouched.

"Got in trouble in Mumbai." Max simply answered.

I began to smile, "Oh, what'd you do?"

"Nothing." Max dishonestly spoke.

"He started a fire with his stele during rune studies." My father spoke for him, busting him.

Isabelle walks over, hugging him, "Max-"

"I told you, I was hungry." Max argued, "I was trying to draw the Nourishment rune."

I softly laugh, "Those two runes look nothing alike, Max."

Max shrugs, "Well, they do to me."

"Max, go up to your room, open the Gray Book and look up the Extinguish rune." My father points out the room, as Max obeys, slowly dragging himself out the room.

"Where is Clary Fairchild?" My father walked further into the room, "Your mother said she's missing."

"She's not missing." I stood up, "She's with Zee and Jace."

"We can't have that girl out of Institute control." He told me, "The entire Shadow World is looking for her."

"It's a security risk." He went on, then ordered, "Get them both back here now."

-

"You need to get back to the Institute." I was on the phone with Jace as I walked through the halls.

"You need to help me first." Jace argues.

I stop, "No, I'm not messing around."

"Me either." He shot back, "I need your help."

"You okay?" I questioned.

"I'm fine." Jace sighed, "It's Magnus. He needs your powerful Shadowhunter energy, or something like that."

I huff, "Why does Magnus need me?"

"To help save Luke's life." Jace answers.

I was instantly denying, "No, I told you at the wolf den, no more Downworlder business. We can't be seen as interfering with a pack alpha dispute. How can you even ask me-"

"I shouldn't have to ask you, Alec." Jace cuts me off, "We're parabatai."

I shot back, "That's exactly my point."

"Look-" Jace huffs, "If you don't want to do it for me- do it for Zee. I can tell there's something off about her- and I know it's because what's going with Luke. She needs you, Alec."

I go dead silent at the mention of her name.

Of course he used that card against me, knowing how I felt about her.

"Alec, you're a man of honor, and the only person in the world I would trust with something like this." Jace went on, speaking before he hung up, "I'm counting on you to do the right thing."

-

[ zee's pov ]

"What's all this for?" Clary questions, staring at Magnus bringing the ingredients over, tossing it into the bowl.

"The base for the potion." Magnus grabs my wrist, putting my hand over the wooden spoon, "Stir-"

Magnus grabs something else, "We need to have it ready before your boy toys get back."

"Boy toys?" I looked at him, "That was directed towards Clary, right?"

"Well- Jace and Simon, yes." Magnus sprinkled something into the mixture, "I meant Alexander for you, biscuit."

I almost choked on my own spit, "Alec?"

"Yeah-" Magnus looks at me, "I asked for Alexander, for you."

I stir, "I thought you asked because of his- virgin Shadowhunter energy-"

"That was a lie." Magnus put more ingredients into the mixture, "It was enough to convince them to get him here."

"What would I need Alec for?" I stirred the mixture.

Magnus simply shrugged, "You tell me, biscuit."

I changed the subject, "What if they don't get back in time?"

"You can't think like that, biscuit-" Magnus heads into another room to grab something else.

"That's all I can think about-" I huff, "If we lose him- I don't know what I'll do."

"I think this is the first time I actually agree with you." Clary looks up at me.

I sigh in defeat, "Right now?"

"Jocelyn!" Luke's voice catches us all off guard, "No, don't- wait, don't touch her!"

We rush over to him, Clary hovering over him, "Luke, I'm here-"

Magnus snapped his fingers, ready to use his magic, "Let me take your pain away-"

"No-" Luke breathes, "No-"

"Agitation only makes the venom work faster." Magnus told him, staring at him.

"I need to tell them-" Luke's voice was strained and forced.

"Save your strength." Clary quickly said.

"No, you need to know-" Luke shook his head, "Both of you-"

I shook my head, "Magnus, do it-"

"You need to tell them, all of it." Luke begged Magnus even in his condition, "Promise me."

Magnus nods slowly, using his magic, looking at Clary and I, "The poison is spreading. Your suitors need to hurry.

-

"Tell us what?" Clary questioned, "What's so important that Luke risked his life?"

"Everything Jocelyn hoped to hide from you." Magnus handed me a drink, sipping his own.

I set it down, playing with my necklace, "Why?"

Magnus uses his magic, having a sketch book and charcoal appear in front of Clary, "When you were younger- I'd watch you sketching- trying to perfect an exact replica of Zee's drawings."

I go silent, looking between her and Magnus.

"It was your bliss." Magnus exhales, "You're gonna need some bliss now."

"Back then, there wasn't a day I didn't draw." Clary opened the book, "It was like breathing. Now, I look at this blank page and I barely even know what to do."

Clary sighs, "Sometimes I feel like my art, my memories- my life, it- it all vanished with that Memory Demon."

"Your art, everything you are- they're all still here." I quietly spoke, sighing, crossing my arms.

Clary looks up at me, Magnus nodding in agreement, "You're the woman your mother always knew you could be."

Clary scoffs, "But tried to keep me from being."

"That's why you need to know how you got here." Magnus looked between us, "Both of you."

"Will it help me find my mother?" Clary looks at Magnus.

"That's the only reason I can think of why Luke would be so adamant." Magnus admits.

"We're ready." Clary spoke for the both of us, "Bring it, warlock."

Magnus nods, beginning, "All I knew about Margaret based on what she told me was that she was the woman before Jocelyn. She left Valentine a while before Jocelyn and Valentine got together. She never told Valentine that she was carrying a child, and soon enough she had gotten together with Scott Young."

"But- when I first heard about your father, around the time he and Jocelyn first got together, long before the Uprising and the Circle, Valentine elevated the Morgenstern name- to be synonymous with virtue." Magnus told us, "And Jocelyn was at his side."

"But by the time my people came to know him, barely two years later his name had become synonymous with devastation." Magnus explained, looking at Clary, "Your mother told me it was then she first saw the signs."

"They never found all the bodies." Magnus sighed, "We'd all stood with the Clave for centuries."

I played with my necklace, "How could that not matter to him?"

"He was obsessed with ensuring purity of blood." Magnus exclaimed, "Convinced that the impurities were a threat to peace."

Clary mutters while she drew, "He was the threat to peace."

"Mad men rarely make sense." Magnus remarks, "Mostly, they just hate- and he hated the Downworlders, for the gifts that we possess that he could not have. He hated us enough to kill us all."

"Ever since my mother was kidnapped, and the Shadow World invaded my life, so many Downworlders have helped me, not even thinking about what it might cost them." Clary got up and paced, "How could Valentine not see good in any of them?"

"He was blinded by his ambition." Magnus sipped his drink.

I picked up mine, "And why didn't the Clave stop him?"

"He was clever." Magnus tells us, "He and his followers, they managed to convince the Clave that the Downworlders they killed on their special missions had violated the Accords in some way. Complete fabrications."

Clary crosses her arms, "How could the Clave not see?"

"Shadowhunters believe in the Law as absolute." Magnus exhales sharply, "They could never conceive of one of their own going astray."

"My father didn't go astray, Magnus." Clary looked away, "He went insane."

"What happened back then is happening again." Magnus looked between us, "The Clave refuses to believe that Valentine's a threat. Nineteen years ago, their lack of vision allowed the Circle to almost decimate the entire Shadow World."

Clary spoke, "That was the Uprising?"

"Yes." Magnus confirmed, "Valentine wanted to create a new Shadowhunter army. And for that, he needed the Mortal Cup."

"He knew it would be on display at the signing of the Accords as a show of the Clave's power." Magnus went on, "He seized the opportunity to accomplish everything he ever wanted. Destroy the Accords, murder Downworlders, and secure the Cup."

"How could my mom and Luke be a part of something like this?" Clary started to pace again.

"Jocelyn and Luke tried to prevent the Uprising." Magnus explained. "They tried to change Valentine's mind about Downworlders."

"Obviously, they didn't." Clary spat, sitting back down.

"Clary, if it wasn't for your mother and Luke, the Circle would have won." Magnus held his drink.

Clary continued to sketch, "Ever since I found out Valentine was my father, I wondered how my mother could be married to someone like that and why she stayed. She had to stop him."

"And safeguard the Cup." Magnus nods, "Everything Jocelyn did, she did to save the people she'd sworn to protect. She took her oath as a Shadowhunter seriously."

I clear my throat, "Okay- completely understandable but how does that help her find the Cup?"

"Maybe Luke thinks if you know your mother better, you'll know where she hid it." Magnus shrugged.

"Then, tell me why she gave up being a Shadowhunter." Clary sat up.

"Because the one thing in the world she loved more is you." Magnus told her, "She had to protect you."

"From Valentine." I scoff, taking a big gulp of my drink, swallowing it down quick, my tone raspy due to it, "That lunatic."

Groans and grunts came from the couch, as I down the rest of my drink, rushing over, "Luke-"

"The magic's wearing off." Magnus set his drink down and came up behind me.

"It was our fault-" Luke mutters, "It was our fault!"

"Luke!-" Clary looked at his wound, "It's worse-"

As Magnus used his magic to keep him stable, Clary and I watched in horror.

-

[ alec's pov ]

I hit my bo staff against the punching bag multiple times, breathing heavily, letting this be my anger release.

"Promise me you won't go through with it." Isabelle walks over to me, "Promise me you'll say no."

"What are you talking about?" I prepare myself to hit the bag again, "Say no to what?"

Isabelle stares at me, "They're gonna make you marry."

I stop, "Who's they?"

"Our parents are making plans for both of us." Isabelle had tears brimming in her eyes.

"No, you heard wrong-" I shook my head, hitting the punching bag with my bo staff again.

"It's true, Alec." Isabelle grabs my staff and stops me, "They need a political alliance quickly to restore our family name and our influence at the Clave."

"I knew Clary Fray would come back to bite me in the ass." I scoff, "So wait, when I'm getting married, what are you doing?"

"They need me to convince the Clave to placate the Seelies somehow." Isabelle told me.

"You're playing the diplomat?" I stare at her, "Again? That's my job. That's what I'm supposed to be doing-"

"I know that." Isabelle stops me, "But I'm the one with ties to the Seelies."

I put my staff away, "Is that what you're calling it now?"

"Alec, I'm on your side." Isabelle watched me.

"Really?" I walk back over to her, only feeling my blood boil, "I have followed every rule. I've given up everything!"

Isabelle places a hand on my shoulder, "We'll find a way out of this."

"Screw the rules- screw them." I shook my head, "Screw all of this."

"Alec-" Isabelle calls after me as I walked away from her.

-

[ zee's pov ]

"I'm running out of magic." Magnus spoke loudly as he held his ground, the entire room shaking.

"What do we do?" I question quickly.

"I can't leave him, but the potion stock still needs Komodo scale-" Magnus told us, "Find it, add the rest when they get here. You'll have to feed it to Luke."

"What about you?" Clary held onto something so she didn't fall.

Magnus raises his voice, "I'll hold on as long as I can- go!"

As Clary and I start to look throughout the apartment for it, Magnus starting to grow weaker and fall back catches my attention.

I drop whatever I'm doing and rush over to him, catching him, my eyes widening, "Magnus-"

Quick footsteps near me, and the minute I took in the scent, I knew who it was.

I looked to my side, seeing Alec on one knee, his eyes scanning what was happening, and it was as if my breath was taken away right as I laid eyes on him.

I swallow hard, staring at him, "Alec-"

Magnus' voice was weak, "Help me- I need your strength-"

Alec looked at me, then nods quickly, holding his hand out for Magnus, "Take what you need-"

Magnus took his hand, as I pushed him forward lightly, Magnus maintaining the magic.

I rush into the hall, halting when I see Jace and Simon run in, my eyes wide with alert, "Do you have it?"

"Yeah-" Jace hands me the small bag.

I ran back in, quickly tossing the ingredients in with what Clary was already putting in, quickly stirring the mixture together.

I pour it into a small cup, handing it to Clary, as we all rushed over to Luke, Alec and Magnus.

Clary pours the potion into Luke's mouth, Magnus's magic disappearing as he fell back into me, as I almost instantly caught him, "Magnus-"

Luke opens his eyes, weakly smiling at Clary and I, "Hey-"

Magnus breathes heavily, letting go of Alec's hand, trying to sit up But was too weak at the moment.

"I got you-" I made sure he didn't fall and let him lean into me, on one knee, "You okay?"

Magnus nods slowly, "Yeah-"

-

"Alec-" I call out, stopping at the end of the hall, turning the corner, noticing Alec picking up some books off the ground.

He turned at the sound of my voice, getting up, placing the books in their rightful spot, looking at me to see what I wanted to say.

I couldn't help but break out into a smile, my feet moving quickly as I jumped into his arms, a soft laugh of relief following my words, "Thank you for coming-"

"Of course-" Alec wraps his arms around me, holding me up, my legs folding up due to not being able to touch the ground anyway.

"If you hadn't gotten here in time, who knows what could've happened-" I held onto him tighter, "You saved Luke's life-"

His heartbeat quickened, as did mine. The feeling rushing through my chest was overwhelming me, but I was okay with it.

Alec gripped onto me tighter, embracing me fully.

I fell silent, the smile on my lips not fading.

After a few moments, we let go of each other, Alec slowly setting me down to my feet, a smile on his lips also.

"Didn't you hear me?" I ran a hand through my hair, "I said thank you."

Alec's smile only widened, "You don't have to thank me- I'll always be there for you."

For some reason, it felt like when we were together, we didn't think of our worries.

A snap sounded the room, two drinks appearing on Alec and I's hands.

My eyes gape at the drink that was suddenly in my hand, my head snapping towards Magnus who was pretending to not pay attention to us, picking up a few things.

I scoff gently, pursing my lips to hold back a laugh, shaking my head gently, walking into an empty bedroom.

Alec follows me, holding up the drink, "What is this?"

"That is what we call- an alcoholic beverage." I sip mine, "Have you never had one?"

Alec shook his head, eyeing the drink in his hand.

"Try it-" I encourage, taking another sip of mine, letting the liquid calm me.

Alec obliges, letting some of the liquid tip out of the glass and into his mouth, as he stopped within the moment, screwing his eyes shut, making the most disgusted face; forcing the liquid down.

I softly laugh, placing down my drink, "That was so cute-"

"Really?" Alec's voice was gentle, his eyes soft as they connected with mine.

I barely nod, sitting down on the bed, "Yeah."

Alec sets his drink down, sitting with me.

I began to play with my necklace, something I had done all the time.

"Hey-" Alec folds his hands together, "Where did you get that?"

I looked at him, "My mother have it to me right before she portaled me outside the Institute."

"What was she like?" Alec quietly asked, his attention fully on me.

My hands drop to my lap, as I leaned forward, my elbows resting on my thighs, fiddling with my fingers, "She was kind- and always found a way to make every situation better. She always gave second chances- even when they didn't deserve it- and she always saw a story from both sides, so she was never one to judge. She was the kind of person that- could tell when someone wasn't okay- and would easily put a smile on their face. She was the person who made people so happy- they forgot about their problems while with her."

Alec gently chuckled, "So- she was just like you?"

I was speechless, my head snapping towards him.

Alec only shot me a soft smile.

"She was so much better." I quietly said, then broke eye contact, looking at my hands, "I miss her so much."

"She would've been proud- if she could see who you've become." Alec places a hand on my back, rubbing it in comfort.

I looked back at him, "You think?"

"I know." Alec's eyes were connected with mine once more, sending my stomach in twirls.

Silence fell between us, our stares burning into one another.

The tension between us was strong. My heart beat was racing, and the unknown feeling that was growing within the moment.

I blink, snapping out of the trance he easily pulled me in.

I clear my throat, standing up as quickly as I could.

Alec followed my movements, also standing up, only taking a few steps towards the door so he stood in the middle of the room, as if he was waiting for me to go first.

I walk to the door, and for some reason, stop only a foot away from it.

Thoughts ran through my mind, as I let out a shaky breath.

The alcohol running through my veins wasn't doing much to help how I felt, but it did gave me the push I didn't know I needed.

I spin back around, walking right over to Alec, pushing myself up onto my tippy toes, my arms remaining at my sides, leaning in and pressing my lips into his.

Alec was shocked, but in seconds, his palms grasped my face, keeping our lips connected.

My hands moved up his chest and gripped his jacket, pulling him closer to me, as if my body was screaming for him to get closer.

This kiss wasn't like any other I've experienced.

This wasn't lust.

It was true desire.

We both wanted to this.

authors note:

PLAY WAKING UP SLOW BY GABRIELLE APLIN, THE ACOUSTIC VERSION. MOST ESPECIALLY THE ZALEC SCENE. MAJOR FEELS.

magnus trying to make zalec happen-

agh omg yes wait i actually live for this chapter

it's also 5 am so kms

vote and comment loadssss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 12.3K 59
In which, Isabelle Lightwood has feelings for her childhood friend who has a lot of secrets. Or In which, one of the most powerful shadowhunters ever...
29.4K 1.1K 6
a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage. β†’ ❝You changed my world the minute you walked through the door❞ ...
745 30 15
*This is the first installment of the Malec Rewritten series.* *Disclaimer: This story contains possible spoilers. I recommend reading the whole (TMI...
134K 4.5K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...