Discover Soulmate

By ily_ari_grande

(Featured on Wattpad Romance!) First book In the Discover Soulmate Trilogy Everyone is born with a true s... More

Birthday
Questions
Choices and Chances
Locked or unlock
Alone with Tears
Running out of air
Forgotten
Special?
Captured
Captive
Let's Go !
Why Drew?
I Need You
Back to school
Christmas Dance
Meeting Family
Baby?
Ready to tell?
I hate my life!
Come and Find me!
Find me
Missing
Jenny Valentine
Memories
HOW COULD YOU?!?
Break up
You're not him
Rebel?!
The Purple Liquid
Nothing
Are you In?
Fix her
Help Not Needed
Please Don't Do This
What's the Point
Is it possible?
Be My Date?
Masquerade Ball Pt.1
Masquerade Ball Pt.2
Vulnerable
Friendships
Together again
Friendly Chatter
MoonStone
She's a witch?
Ferris Wheel
Lake House Getaway
Imogen Has To Die
Imogen Someone is Looking for You
Taisla
She's Okay
Elixir
I Can't Lose You
He Did It Because He Loves You
I screwed up
I Promise
The Ritual PT.1
The Ritual Pt. 2
Long Lost Brother
Hero
Where's Lucas
Time To Say Goodbye
Empty
Final Chance

Chance

83 22 107
By ily_ari_grande

                                               Imogen 

"Rebel, I think Mom's alive," I said.

"It could be possible," Rebel said scratching his head. "We don't know If mom or dad came from a special family."

"Maybe we can go ask those people questions," I said.

"I have to go with you." He said.

"Yea, I know. There's a number in the back of this book. I could try calling and say we need to talk." Rebel nodded, and I took my phone out to dial the numbers. I pressed the call button and waited for someone to answer. After a few rings, someone answered the call.

"Umm Remember me? I'm Imogen," I said, praying the number was actually his.

"Wow, you're calling this fast. I can see the book interested you. What can I help you with?" He asked.

"I need to ask you a question. Is it possible for my brother and me to go see you tomorrow?" I asked, biting my nails.

"Actually all of us need to have a chat." 

"What you mean us?" I asked, furrowing my brows as I glanced at Rebel.

"All the special families want to discuss the ritual. I think it's coming," he explained.

The ritual?

"Coming?" 

"There are signs when it's coming. It happens every few thousands of years."

"Than sure we might as well all meet," I said, shrugging my shoulder.

"Perfect, I'll text you where we can all meet! Oh, by the way, my name is Robert"

A few seconds later I received a text from him. He sent the address for tomorrow. I placed my phone back in my pocket and joined Frankie and Rebel for the Harry Potter marathon. Around Half-blood prince I fell asleep. I woke on the couch alone. I opened my eyes and check my surrounding for Frankie or Rebel. It was dark when I awoke. 

I stretch my body on the couch and saw the alarm clock say 11. Well, no way I can sleep now. I saw the lights on upstairs. I got up went into my room which is the first room on the right side. I sat down on my bed but heard laughing coming from the bathroom. 

The bathroom door was open so I walked and saw Frankie laughing at probably a stupid joke that Rebel said. I wiped my eyes and yawned really loudly. Frankie and Rebel stared at me and it made me feel like I just ruined something. Frankie ran up to me and hugged me.

"Let's go read the book some more," Frankie said grabbing my hand taking me back to my room. 

We spend most of the night reading about all of the families. I wondered who these people were and what all of this meant. I haven't seen any of the name in my school. The families should probably be people around us. I never thought my life could ever become this interesting. My family is by far the most complex and has the most rules to learn about.

----

I heard my phone vibrate against my desk causing me to wake up. As I reached for it , my eyes were squinting because of the brightness. I almost thought it was a text from Lucas but it was notification from school. What a great way to wake up in the morning, seeing a twenty three in my grade book. 

"Wow!" I yawned 

"Come eat food. It's almost 11 you have to get ready." I did a thumbs up and got up.

I walked to the table. Rebel gave me a plate of pancakes. I poured some syrup on it and enjoyed every bite of it. After my breakfast I went up to my room to use the bathroom. After I finished my business I took a quick shower and changed into a black sweatshirt and denim shorts with converse. I walked downstairs and once again saw Rebel and Frankie basically flirting.

 I swear if I didn't know Rebel was in love with Katherine. I would think he has a thing for Frankie. Obviously even if Frankie won't admit it to me she has a huge crush on him. Just weird to imagine them both together. My thoughts were disrupted when Rebel snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"What," I said and pushed his hand away.

"We have to get going." Before I left Frankie and I did our little handshake. We made it up when we first became friends. Frankie hugs Rebel and then we were on our way. While driving I kept changing the radio to entertain myself. 

There were no good songs so eventually I gave up and just stared out the window. We were going out of the main town to a more urban area. I seen like 7 huge farms during the drive. The drive was about twenty minutes long till we reached a house with stonework of various tones, it's principle story is build of tan brick banded with strips of nice fresh tiles.

Rebel parked the car, behind the others that beat us here. We walked to the door together and Rebel knocked on the door. The door opened by itself slowly and creepy.

"Hello?" I said waiting to see if someone will appear.

"Come in!" Someone yelled from inside the house.

 Rebel and I walked in slowly inspecting the house. Rebel closed the door behind us and we kept walking down the long entryway. The house must have been a fortune. I saw a maid cleaning the long slender white couches. Another coming our way with a platter of food. It had cheese, crackers, apples, and grapes. I saw another maid coming with a platter of donuts, chocolate, and cookies.

"Ooh I'm grabbing from that one," I speed-walked up to her and grabbed two sugary donuts. 

"Go to the library room. Master is waiting for you. Just go upstairs and its the right door," She said smiling happily to us.

"Umm thank you," I said. Rebel was walking up the stairs. Which were very nice stone stairs. Their walls were almost crystal-like. It was all a nice shade of red mixed with purple. Once we got to the top we went to the right door into this huge library. There were big bookcases which make up the walls, there gigantic lounge with big couches on both sides of the room. In the middle there was a large open space where everyone could stand.  

"Welcome Imogen." He said. I glance at some of books and took some out. I found a book on another special family with a treemap. I notice that Lucas's parents are on it while my family was in the middle of everyone's.

"Hi Imogen, nice to meet you." This red-haired fair skin lady came up to me. "I'm Kate, this my husband Sawyer and our the family." Her husband was blonde hair, man with tone broad chest who was helping his son unwrap a lollipop. Kate was so gorgeous, I envied the freckles upon her face.   

They also had a blonde haired daughter who seemed to have stole all her father's features. Both the children were dressed in fancy clothing while their parents were wearing t-shirts.

"You going to be our new leader?" Sawyer pointing at me laughing. "You like 13." 

Kate glared at him and nudged his stomach. "Sorry about him. He has no filter." 

"It's fine. I'm not sure about the leader thing," I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"The meeting is starting soon but for now I'll tell you everyone's names. Over there." She pointed at a short built man with a larger frame. His had brown short hair draped over his crystal blue eyes and on his nose layed his glasses. "That's Carter. He's the only left in his family line."

"And right next to him is Sebastian and Sun," she said, pointing at the younger couple beside him.

The man had dark skin matching his caramel-colored hair combed to the side. Sun was of asian descendant with her fair pale skin and skinner frame compared to her boyfriend. "Across from them is Jamie and Layla their sibling." 

Both of the sibling were rocking long brown hair and managed to make it work. Jamie appeared to be short than his sister which was shocking to me. Layla seemed to be around six feet tall and was rocking a polka dot dress. They both seemed to have an athlete body since their muscles were toned. 

"You have meant Robert already. He has a fiance her name is Daenerys. She couldn't be here today because of personal reasons." 

"Right next to us is Darius and Julian. They're a married couple." Julian was godly looking, and his partner Darius couldn't keep his hands off his well-defined chest and arms. His skin was plastered with ink and his sleeve was making me weak.

Daruis is one lucky man. 

Darius was a darker colored man, slightly shorter than his lover. He had a bit of beer belly, so I'm assuming he liked to drink.

"Lastly there is Hastings, but they couldn't make it today." That was Lucas's family. I wondered what was the reason they couldn't appear today. It's supposed to be a very important meeting.

"Okay, Everyone is all here. It's time to talk about what we all came here for." he paused and gave a long look at all of us. "The ritual."

"I have never seen one in my lifetime," Jamie said laughing.

"The last one happened 1000 years ago probably one of Imogen and Rebel's great great great great great great grandfather or mother. The time is coming and everyone knows it," Robert paused as he took a sip of his drink  "We have to protect Imogen and Rebel at all cost. Everyone is coming after them because they know it's almost time. They want to get rid of our leader but we can't let that happen."  I raised my hand, waiting for Robert to allow me to chime in. 

"Why are you so sure it's coming soon?"

"There little signs such as people kidnapping you. Usually, the ritual happens after you come of age to have a soulmate." Robert explained.

"The most important sign is the chosen one having crystal half-moon somewhere on their body," Carter said, his eyes not tearing away from his book. 

Crystal half moon? I found that on my foot the other day. Am I really the chosen one? But why? Why did the special gods choose me? Am I really meant for this? All thoughts started to cause my anxiety to go up.

"You always know everything Carter," Robert said chuckling.

"My Fiance and I rented this place for a ball that everyone will attend. It's like a wedding party for us. When the ritual comes our lives are going to be at sake. No one will stop to think twice to kill Rebel or Imogen so we have to be willing to risk ourselves for them. We all have jobs to do which we are to discuss as well. We really can't trust anyone, not even everyone in here. There always could be someone working for Taisla." 

Everything was a lot to take in. This could change our lives forever. So much is at sake everyone in this room is risking something. I wonder who Taisla is. Why does she want to get rid of us? I thought Kate was really nice but now I'm supposed to keep an eye open for anyone suspicious. I looked at everyone in the room to see them doing the same I was. The mood changed from a nice aura to a more tense one.

"The ball is a masquerade theme. It's been Daenerys's dream to have that kind of party. We are very excited to have it. Nothing is supposed to happen since we have other guests coming as well but we never when Taisla could attack. We all have to be on high guard" Robert said.

"I know my job already," Carter spoke in a monotone voice and closing his book. "I'm basically the mind. I know everything because I can read all your minds. Of course, I could choose who's to read so don't worry I haven't read any of yours." Carter let out a small laugh "I also am the smartest because we naturally have that gift."

"I know you know, Carter," Robert said waving his hand "Thank you for explaining to everyone."

"Kate and Sawyer you guys are in charge of finding the materials for the ritual. It's very important that we have everything when the time comes. Their family's power is x-ray vision," Robert said.

 They nodded grabbing the roll of paper he handed to them. Robert went back to the table to grab another piece of paper. Next he walked over to Sebastian and Sun.

"You guys are in charge of any escape plans for Rebel and Imogen to always be safe. They are the family of telekinesis, which means they able to control objects with their mind." he handed them the paper and they bowed. 

"Layla and Jamie are in charge of figuring out where the ritual will take place which has nothing to do with there powers which are being able to control animals," he handed them a scroll as well.

"Darius and Julian will have one of the most important jobs which is being lead guards for the chosen one. You guys have been training just in case a fight broke out. You always be next to the chosen one when something occurs. They able to control the weather and use it to attack." 

"The family that couldn't meet us are Hasting. There are also warriors they have the ability to lift things 1000 tons and more. They are going to be guarding the rest of us, also they will need to get better training and to be to fully use their abilities. My family doesn't have any special powers which does suck," Robert commented.

"And I thought my job was the worst," Carter let out a chuckle and fixed his glasses. 

"I wouldn't say mine is the worst but definitely the most boring one. I watch over you guys and make sure everyone is where everyone is supposed to be. Also to captured liars if and when we find them." Robert took another sip of his cup.

"Imogen and Rebel probably have the easiest job. You just have to make sure your ready for the power you will consume. The ritual will cause one of you to receive overwhelming power. The Ritual will cause all of our powers to magnify and set us free to our full potential. The chosen one will be able to do everything we do supposedly even more," Robert said. 

Both Rebel and I nodded.

---

We send about another hour just talking to each other. Everyone seemed so nice. I couldn't imagine someone could betray us. On our drive home I begged Rebel to buy me something from the deli. The next time we suppose to meet is during the ball. I would love to go Lucas but we aren't on talking terms right now. 

I'll just invite Drew but not as a date. Just a friend don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. How could I have been so weak to take that potion? I should have never done it I ruined everything because of it. The amount of guilt I feel is weighing me down like a huge bag of rocks. I could never forgive myself for hurting the people I hurt but I have to live with it.  

    I dragged poor Kai into it too. I basically took him to his death. That night after everything that happened Rebel told me that Katherine got rid of him. Which meant he was dead. I wanted to go visit his tombstone. When we got home I placed the food at the table and yelled for Frankie to come down. 

She came down and took a seat next to Rebel. I gave her some chicken and rice and to Rebel as well. After satisfying my hunger I went upstairs to change into my PJ which is basically a random shirt and shorts. I started searching for my sandals. It was pretty early in the night but I was pretty tired. 

I'm excited to fall asleep and possible to have a dream about my mom again. I didn't mention to anyone that I have a crystal half moon tattoo. I'll have to mention eventually because everyone needs to know how close it is. I was hoping Rebel could have been the chosen one. I have been chosen with this burden and now I have to figure out how to be able to lead everyone correct, how to be a normal 16-year-old, and how to get my soulmate back.  

 Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm so excited to finish this book. I'm working on editing and finishing it. This is where everything starts to get interesting at least I hope you like it!!! 

Please comment, vote and share !!! I'm GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING

Question- how do you feel about the story so far?

Who do you think Taisla is?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 103 38
Her 18th birthday marks the start of everything. Her powers are awakening, the pieces of the puzzle of the mysterious disappearance of her parents a...
652 40 12
Maija Wessels, a high school junior, is confident, clever, and insightful. She hangs out at the beach with her besties, loves S'mores, and has a majo...
129 1 24
A new town, the start of college life, and adoring parents. Who would give up all that? Trinity Davis, an eighteen-year-old girl leaves just that beh...
69 9 10
In the secluded sanctuary of her forest home, Missare has lived a life veiled in innocence, shielded from the complexities of the outside world by th...