Lose Myself

By idahwrites

WAS #2 in Romance. -- He's got a secret, she's got a secret. But is it the same secret? Amara A... More

Author's Note
Chapter One: A Change
Chapter Two: The Encounter
Chapter Three: The Project
Chapter Four: A Dark Past
Chapter Five: Schwarzer Regen
Chapter Six: Family Day
Chapter Seven: Discovery
Chapter Eight: Flashback (Emilie)
Chapter Nine: Return Home
Chapter Ten: Undercover
Chapter Eleven: Admission
Chapter Twelve: Flashback (Amara)
Chapter Thirteen: Take Care of Me
Chapter Fourteen: The Next Chapter
Chapter Fifteen: Friends
Chapter Sixteen Part One: Understanding
Chapter Sixteen Part Two: Bonding
Chapter Seventeen Part One: Spa Day
Chapter Seventeen Part Two: Family Night
Chapter Eighteen: Sunday Brunch
Chapter Nineteen: Love Me Right
Chapter Twenty: First Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Trouble
Chapter Twenty-Two: Teamwork
Chapter Twenty-Three: Interrogation
Chapter Twenty-Four Part One: Dark Knight
Chapter Twenty-Four Part Two: Angel in White
Chapter Twenty-Five: Stranger From the Past
Chapter Twenty-Six: My Fault
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Thank You
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Adventure with Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part One: Merry Merry Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part Two: Suspicion
Chapter Thirty: Extermination
Chapter Thirty-One: Closure
Chapter Thirty-Two: Happy New Year!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Informant
Chapter Thirty-Four: Distant
Chapter Thirty-Five: Brink
Chapter Thirty-Six: Bad Decisions
Thirty-Seven: Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Eight: I'm Sorry
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I Love You
Chapter Forty: You Saved Me
Chapter Forty-One: Independence Day
Chapter Forty-Two: Sitter
Chapter Forty-Three: Back To The Future
Chapter Forty-Four: Nakey In The Lakey
Chapter Forty-Five: Take Me Away With You
Chapter Forty-Six: The Devil's Insurgence
Chapter Forty-Seven: Secret Home
Chapter Forty-Eight: Game Plan
Chapter Fifty: Bump!
Chapter Fifty-One: Problems From the Past
Chapter Fifty-Two: Tough Love
Chapter Fifty-Three: Waddle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Friction
Chapter Fifty-Five: Hello Baby!
Chapter Fifty-Six: Family Matters
Chapter Fifty-Seven: This Is Us
Important Notice
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Massacre
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Me and You
Chapter Sixty: Squad
Interview: Dominic + Amara
Very Important Notice

Chapter Forty-Nine: Rogue

15.4K 599 56
By idahwrites

Dominic

We heard the footsteps coming, immediately our plan went into action. Amara evacuated the people, leading them out the back of the warehouse and having them leave the area. Each person knew not to ask questions, they'd done their part.

We were certain my father had been watching us for the couple hours we'd already been here, monitoring movement - eventually he must've realised this really was just a gathering and that he'd have to confront us if he wants this to go anywhere. He's always been a very impatient man.

Once everyone was evacuated Amara came to stand beside me, "You okay?"

I was aware that I was pulling a worried face, I was concerned for my men. They had families. "They're my men."

"It's okay to feel guilty about killing people you know, I've felt guilt before." she squeezed my arm, "If you don't want to then we won't, we'll just give them a little boo boo."

"A boo boo?"

"Isn't that better?" she smiled before stretching to peck my cheek. I smiled at her, if anything before anyone has a chance to kill me - her kisses will get to me first.

The heavy sound of impounding bodies growing nearer caught our attention, we moved to either side of the door. I only peaked and there was already firing, seems like my men don't care too much about me. 

"Seize fire!" I heard the unwelcome voice of my father over the noise. The noise stopped.

I breathed a laugh, "Gesù Cristo, I didn't think you were so afraid that you would come here yourself. Life too boring back in the safety of your office?"

I heard him snort, "You wish I was afraid of you. I came to observe the mess you've created."

"I believe it is you who created the mess." I slung my gun onto my back and walked out, there was movement but one look from my father and the men just stood aiming.

He laughed, "I created this?"

I shook my head, "You started the trafficking again. Which I believe we agreed would never again happen in this familia. Do you mock me?"

"Mocking is childish. I'm making profit."

"Unfortunately for you father, I do not agree with this. As an acting leader of this familia I have one last deal to seal." I walked right up to him and stared him in the eye, "Shut down the sex trafficking business, disconnect us completely."

"Or?"

"Or perish."

He laughed, almost humorously. It was probably the most real emotion I'd gotten out of him in twenty years. 

"What are you saying?" he stepped up, "You're going to ruin your own empire?"

"You said yourself I care for a little amount of things. Unfortunately a mafia is not one of those things, I essentially find no value in it. I've always wanted to live a life without pitiless responsibilities." I answered.

"You don't know anything." he said without emotion and without shame. I couldn't stand looking at him, watching him continue to stain what was once so pure. I'd helped create a mafia that was not like the others, something etched from the new generation - a new age in the mafia world. A familia that was not misogynistic, was not homophobic and was not racist. A familia that represented evolution, the next step. He was taking me five generations back, back to the sexist and back to the trafficking.

I couldn't imagine the amount of innocent women and children that were stolen, sold and exchanged over the last two years by my family. My family.

I jabbed his chest, "You went behind my back! You dishonoured our name!"

"My name."

I moved closer, "I will run this empire into the ground." I growled.

"That is illogical Dominic." he continued to look at me blankly.

"You cannot be reasoned with." I finished pulling out my gun and aiming it at his temple, my feelings for the man had left my chest a long time ago. Along with my childhood.

I saw her coming but did nothing to stop her, I needed more time anyways. My mother put her hand on my weapon and lowered it herself, she eyed the both of us before tugging my father and leading him away. The look on his face being one of an egotistical douchebag that had been proven right.

"You let him get away." Amara whined from behind me. I shrugged.

"Death is too easy."

She came to stand in front of me, "What was that sh-t about trafficking?"

"It was exactly what it sounded like."

"When did you find out about it?" she asked, "Seeing as you didn't even tell me."

"Leo texted me the details about forty minutes ago."

"That explains your brooding," she accepted the reason, "Is that why you were worried?"

"I didn't want to come across as angry, people seem to get uncomfortable when I do. Worse, they assume its their doing." I looked at her purposefully.

"Hey, don't give me that look." she frowned looking elsewhere.

I wrapped my arm around her middle, "Let's go."

--

Amara

"We need a real game plan."

"This will get tiring soon enough," I stretched my legs, "Why don't we just disappear?"

There was a brief moment of silence, as if he was processing what I just said.

"That's," he paused, "Exactly what we'll do."

"Huh?" I opened my eyes to look at him, he wasn't serious.

He nodded, "There's nothing my father treasures more than power. We are the key to his power, his control over us is his only treasure if we're talking realistically here. Without us he is weak."

I pouted, trying to think but I wasn't catching on. "What you're saying is...?" I raised a brow.

"He's so comfortable because he can still control us, all the data, files and medical history is in his database. Everything about us and everything he needs to know to control us, even blackmail us."

I gasped, "And without that.."

"He fears us."

--

Its been two days, Dominic hacked into the Italian Mafia and Institutional Program database. Its proving harder than he thought to find our files though, I can imagine the main priority is not to reveal any of it to anyone but a handful of people. Heck even we didn't have access to the files, and they're about us.

He's been on and off the phone with Leo, both of them are working their butts off trying to hack this and wipe it. 

"Baby come here!" I heard him shout from the office-type room, I put my bowl of grapes down on the counter and followed the voice.

"Hmm?" I hummed walking and peaking over his shoulder, Leo and Claire were on the screen. I raised my brows, "Oh, hi!"

Claire giggled, "You having fun?"

"As always." I smiled.

Dominic explained, "We're skyping them because it may the last time in a while we'll be able to speak to each other."

"You mean you did it?" I looked at him in surprise.

"Yep." Leo answered for him, "Soon they'll realise but it'll be too late. I don't know how often Santo checks your files so you best hurry."

"Got it." Dominic replied.

Claire butted in again, "Do you know where you're going to go?"

We talked to them for at least an hour, they started getting paranoid so they decided to call it a day. We agreed with them and switched our own devices off.

"I already ordered new SIM cards for our phones." Dominic mentioned whilst throwing a sheet over another sofa.

I adjusted the sheet covering both the sofa and the coffee table, "Oh so you're giving my phone back now?"

"Pfft. I didn't take your phone." he shadily covered up.

I put my hands on my hips, "Ah, so it just got up and waltzed out of my bedside drawer?"

"You left it somewhere so I put it somewhere else for you," he breathed as I narrowed my eyes, "You simply forgot about it. You were having too much fun."

"With you." I finished. 

"With me..."

"You're something else you know that?" I chuckled, "I don't care about my phone. I hope you didn't do weird things to it though, like put a tracking device in there."

"Don't be silly," he laughed, "I don't need a tracking device to track your phone."

--

Santo

The intelligence couldn't find them, the cops couldn't find them, no one could find them! I'd found my computer erased, Leo casually sipping on a martini in the kitchen and not even a glance in my direction.

Claire was off somewhere else with her mother and the home base was freaking out over the sudden lose of data, they would sever our ties if they found the action was issued by my command - using my computer. 

I stormed out and walked right to the second house, not trying to be quiet I banged on the door. A man opened the door immediately straightening up as he saw me, I pushed past and into the living room. "Did any of you see anyone enter my office between yesterday afternoon until now?"

"No, sir." they replied in unison.

I believed my men stood guard at all time and were always on alert, they were even alert of the womens' activities around the estate. Whoever wiped the data must not have used my computer then, they must've used their own.

I pulled my phone out on the way back to the first house, "This is Vitiello. Track back the very last connection before the wipe and the very first after it."

"What's happened?" Donna came walking up to me, she looked tired of Claire already - who had gone inside straight away.

I eyed the door before answering, "All the data, files and information on Dominic and his dog were wiped. We're trying to source it so we can recover them."

She frowned, "Who do you think did it?"

"I don't usually tell you anything Donna, so I think thats enough. Scusami." I replied walking back into the house, I'd search that office into a wreckage if that's what was necessary.

--

"You've wrecked the entire place." Leonardo stood at the door with yet another alcoholic drink in his hand.

"Are you an alcoholic now that you're cured?" I ignored his comment.

He shook his head, "I just know that I don't have much going for me now. This whole thing is running itself into the ground."

"You little brat." I pinned him by the neck.

"Dominic and Amara said 'farewell'." Claire's voice came from the hall, she was obviously leaning on the wall next to the door.

"How do you know this?"

"We skyped." Claire replied she started walking towards the door, I dropped her stupid boyfriend and followed her.

"Claire." I said sternly but she kept walking, right out to the front of the fountain.

Claire

I pointed to the bottom of the statue, "There." I pouted, "There's the computer we used."

He leaned over spotting it for himself.

"Good luck getting something from that." I smirked, even though deep down I was really scared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 631 32
***EDITED*** A crowned mafia prince who's persuaded by his friends to take a bet by seizing a waitress's virginity or he'll lose his most expensive p...
13.6K 476 33
*** # 1 in dirty little secret *** July 2022 *** # 1 in dirty little secret *** September 2020 Dominic POV: "Monday morning 8 am. Just let the recept...
2.3M 82.7K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
105K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...