Lose Myself

By idahwrites

WAS #2 in Romance. -- He's got a secret, she's got a secret. But is it the same secret? Amara A... More

Author's Note
Chapter One: A Change
Chapter Two: The Encounter
Chapter Three: The Project
Chapter Four: A Dark Past
Chapter Five: Schwarzer Regen
Chapter Six: Family Day
Chapter Seven: Discovery
Chapter Eight: Flashback (Emilie)
Chapter Nine: Return Home
Chapter Ten: Undercover
Chapter Eleven: Admission
Chapter Twelve: Flashback (Amara)
Chapter Thirteen: Take Care of Me
Chapter Fourteen: The Next Chapter
Chapter Fifteen: Friends
Chapter Sixteen Part One: Understanding
Chapter Sixteen Part Two: Bonding
Chapter Seventeen Part One: Spa Day
Chapter Seventeen Part Two: Family Night
Chapter Eighteen: Sunday Brunch
Chapter Nineteen: Love Me Right
Chapter Twenty: First Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Trouble
Chapter Twenty-Two: Teamwork
Chapter Twenty-Three: Interrogation
Chapter Twenty-Four Part One: Dark Knight
Chapter Twenty-Four Part Two: Angel in White
Chapter Twenty-Five: Stranger From the Past
Chapter Twenty-Six: My Fault
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Thank You
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Adventure with Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part One: Merry Merry Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part Two: Suspicion
Chapter Thirty: Extermination
Chapter Thirty-One: Closure
Chapter Thirty-Two: Happy New Year!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Informant
Chapter Thirty-Four: Distant
Chapter Thirty-Five: Brink
Chapter Thirty-Six: Bad Decisions
Chapter Thirty-Eight: I'm Sorry
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I Love You
Chapter Forty: You Saved Me
Chapter Forty-One: Independence Day
Chapter Forty-Two: Sitter
Chapter Forty-Three: Back To The Future
Chapter Forty-Four: Nakey In The Lakey
Chapter Forty-Five: Take Me Away With You
Chapter Forty-Six: The Devil's Insurgence
Chapter Forty-Seven: Secret Home
Chapter Forty-Eight: Game Plan
Chapter Forty-Nine: Rogue
Chapter Fifty: Bump!
Chapter Fifty-One: Problems From the Past
Chapter Fifty-Two: Tough Love
Chapter Fifty-Three: Waddle
Chapter Fifty-Four: Friction
Chapter Fifty-Five: Hello Baby!
Chapter Fifty-Six: Family Matters
Chapter Fifty-Seven: This Is Us
Important Notice
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Massacre
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Me and You
Chapter Sixty: Squad
Interview: Dominic + Amara
Very Important Notice

Thirty-Seven: Old Friend

19.2K 760 105
By idahwrites

Dominic

I stepped out of the taxi and walked up to the front door, the first time this place had been so much easier to break into and still it wasn't well secured. I hacked the intercom system with my pocket knife and shoved it back into my pocket as I entered the foyer. I headed for the elevator a clicked for Amara's floor.

As soon as I was out I went straight for her door, I was satisfied to find it had been locked - I picked it open anyways and let myself inside. Walking around everything seemed normal, her everything was still here and I was satisfied. I went to her bedroom which I didn't get to see very thoroughly in my previous visit, I found a number of things she'd left behind. Shoes included.

I knew she would want these and may even think about them each time she picks an outfit, so because I'm such a wonderful fiancé I will take them for her. I spotted her laptop on her bed and switched it on, the thing was still charged. I clicked 'reopen closed windows' and was greeted with multiple pages of designs and websites for material. I smiled to myself, she really loved that job. It made her normal, she must put her all into it - it would take a toll on your mind.

I closed the laptop and grabbed the shoes, putting them neatly into a duffel bag and zipping it closed. I slung the bag over my shoulder and continued to walk around. There were no signs of Vince coming in here and it looked like I was the only person that had ever picked that lock. Satisfied with my findings I headed for the front door.

Amara

-This'll work.-

I grabbed the chair a flung it at the mirror.

-Dang it, the glass didn't break. If it did break, you'd have to climb through it and eat him. He probably doesn't taste that nice.-

"Feed me!" I screamed at the mirror.

I decided on a softer approach, "Feed me." I whispered through the cracks of the door.

-Maybe he likes girls. If you show him you're a girl, he'll give you what you want.-

I pushed the table closer to the mirror, laying myself on top and resting my face in one hand. "Do you think I'm pretty?"

-You are pretty. He better say you're pretty.-

"Stop flirting with the computer guys." I heard Leo's voice fill the room, or was it just my head?

"I don't need to flirt." I smiled, "I'll seduce you with my..." I pretended to think.

"Everything." I heard someone in the background of the intercom say, Leo telling them afterwards to shut up.

-I like someone who likes me. Don't you? Who is this person that likes us?-

That got my attention, "Whose that?" I sat up.

"Mike." Leo said as if he was bored, "Amara we will give you food."

"Yay!" I bounced clapping.

"All you have to do is take your medication." he finished, "Have you taken your medication?"

-What? What did he say? -

I tapped my palm then brought it my ear, "I can't hear you!"

"Uh huh." he said as if he wasn't paying attention.

-He's so rude. Let's play a game and see who wins. That'll teach him.-

"Mike what are you doing right now?" I leaned back onto my arm.

-Stop talking to these people, aren't you hungry? What's more important?-

"Breathing." Mike replied from the background.

I gasped, "You breath oxygen?" I giggled, "We have so much in common!"

-What are you doing? Where is Dominic? What do you think he'll say about this?-

"STOP TALKING! LET ME TALK!" I'm tired of hearing this voice over and over just talking in my head, involving itself in my business. If it's a conscience I don't want it, if its common sense then I definitely don't want it. So make it go away.

"Amara." Leo was speaking again. Even behind the mirror it sounded like he still felt the need to keep his distance. I'm not contagious.

I get it. They're keeping me in here because they think I'm crazy, I'm not crazy. "Leo listen to me, I'm not crazy. I was just trying to lure him out, I'll just let it go. I can see now that it won't work, it isn't working. Just," I breathed, "Let me out and we can go have breakfast."

"Don't buy any of this sh-t." I heard what sounded like Mr. Vitiello come into the room, Leo still had his finger pressed to the intercom.

I started laughing. This bastard thinks the minute his son is gone I'll start listening to him?! I don't listen to anyone but Dominic. The smile was clean off my face.

I grabbed the chair walking up to the mirror, I started banging it repeatedly into the glass. "Let. Me. Out. Santo!" I shouted. I continued to bang the mirror. I wasn't looking so hot, my hair was a bird's nest and my shirt was ripped. When had I done that?

"Come out here and fight like a man!" I screamed louder.

"You will stay where you are. You will answer my questions and you will answer them accurately." he said in the calmest voice.

I started dancing around, "Ooh look at me, big scary mafia boss. I'm gonna kill you, you better listen." I sang.

"You are a crazy woman. But I can except that."

"I am not crazy. Let me teach you something." I sat on the floor using the dust to write in, "Crazy people, they don't know they're crazy." I continued to doodle in the dust, "I know I'm crazy." I added the finishing touches to my masterpiece, "Therefore I'm not crazy." I looked up at him, "Isn't that crazy?"

There was silence. I cocked my head to the side.

"Sir," I heard some random in the back, "She just drew a man who looks an awful lot like you and gave him X's for eyes, a tongue out the mouth and a decapitated neck."

"I can see that." he was calm but angry.

"Should I still copy that down or..."

"I said write everything!" I heard his fist slam, look who's getting on who's nerves.

Dominic

I locked Amara's door and crept to open Vince's, I still hated the fact that I shared a name with this asswipe. My name was Vincent, his was Vince and so people could easily get on my nerves - not the they'd want to.

"Welcome." I heard his voice before the door barely opened. "You enjoy snooping through your girlfriends apartment?"

"Glad to see you can admit she's my girlfriend." I replied bringing the door to a close and walking out to his living room. I was surprised to find him sitting back and in a cast, that broken leg was still healing. "Are you smoking my weed?" I commented on the cloud of vape that hung in the air, a girl sat on his other leg and he watched the news on the television.

"I don't buy from you." he blew out, "Why give you more money than you already have?"

I snorted taking a seat. I didn't move as Vince pulled out a hand gun and pointed it square between my eyes. I watched casually but felt the need to mention, "I'm not looking for trouble."

Leonardo

I sat in silence as Santo continued to ask her questions, which she replied to in riddles. No full answers or answers worth hearing.

"What is my son to you?" he asked. I started paying more attention.

At the mention of Dominic she perked up, much more interested in the conversation now than before. "The answer is simple." she started. It was looking like a straightforward answer.

Then she opened her mouth and I regretted even thinking that, "A word thats made up of 4 letters yet is also made up of 3. Although its written with 8 letters, and then with 4. Rarely consists of 6, and never is written with 5."

"Answer the question."

"That was my answer." she smiled. "You'd lose your mind trying to understand mine."

"Tell me what I want to hear Ms. Ackerman."

"Listen here buddy," she growled, "You're a dead man either way. I will get out of this trap and I will kill you myself."

"What problems do you have with me?"

"All the problems." she hissed.

"You are upset because Dominic has no heart?"

"He does have a heart." there was no emotion left in her voice.

"You are confused."

"No you are. Because you don't realise that he has mine." her face was unmoving, she admitted to Dominic having her heart and her face was unmoving. I didn't know she could mask emotions like she did.

"Then you've given me my answer."

"Bastard." she muttered. Then she stood, "You will die at my hand!"

"I am not the person you want to anger."

"You don't know?" she laughed, "Threats don't work with the person whose got nothing to lose." she whispered but loud enough so that we could hear.

I watched Santo's face brighten, "You're wrong. You did have nothing to lose, but now you've told me. You have something to lose. Dominic. I can make him drop you like hot coal."

I watched her completely mask every part of herself, even her body. It fell lifeless, and her eyes - lifeless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.6K 72
Rebecca Downhill (Becca) has known nothing in her life but a strict father who is involved in businesses with the Italian mafia in NY, an absent moth...
105K 1.6K 35
Athena Love Hart. A last name she despised and a middle name she found ironic. Love, she was given the name by her parents yet she received the exact...
73.9K 1.5K 15
"Sweetheart, I don't appreciate when people talk back to me." This time I succeed in keeping quiet. "You'll learn to respect me and as my property, y...
The Arrangement By ❦

Mystery / Thriller

454K 10K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...