Meet Again

By RoganHuntzberger2000

It's been several months since Logan walked away from Rory at her graduation. What happens when they run into... More

Meet Again
Reconnecting
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Marriage?
March 9th 2009
Babysitting
Trying
Christmas 2011
Announcements
Apartments
Moving
Work
Gender Reveal
Fire
Aftermath
Pregnancy stuff
24 weeks
Shira
Labor
Hospital
Nicholas Griffin Huntzberger
3 weeks
Huntzbergers
Fundraiser
December
Back to Work
Dresses
Wedding
1
29
Again
Tragedy
Dinner
Beds
June
Decision
October
Pregnant
Announcements-part 2
20 weeks
Jump
Hearing???
8 weeks old
Deaf
Cochlear Implants
Cats
Friends
Beach
August 2016
Preschool
Flu
Sleep
Speech
Stress
Again?
13 weeks
Getting Ready
News
Life
October
Samuel
Christmas Eve 2017
Christmas 2017
A New Year
Moving Day
Chilton
Finn & Isabella
August
School
One year
Birthday Trip
Sudden
Recoveries
A Dog?
Summer 2019
Back To School
Fall 2019
Christmas
Sick Day
Switch
Anniversary
Nicky
Treatment
Parents
Spring 2020
Summer 2020
Back to School
Repeat
Hair
Jump
Festivities
New Addition
Siblings
Nicky
Ending

Party

191 7 1
By RoganHuntzberger2000

Rory was and Logan were at Stephanie and Colin's apartment, with the kids. Logan and Colin were in the kitchen and Rory and Stephanie were in the living room, Sammy was sitting on Rory's lap. Nicky, Grace, Liam, and Ellie were all in the other room, watching a movie.

"Remember when I told you that we were putting Liam in soccer?" Stephanie asked

"Yes. But please don't let Logan hear you say that" Rory said

"What? Why?"

"Because he's been dying to put the kids in sports and I've been avoiding it for as long as possible because it scares me"

"What does he wanna put them in?" Stephanie asked

"He thinks we should sign Grace up for gymnastics, and he wants to put Nicky in football off all things"

"And you don't want to?"

"I don't know" Rory sighed "I worry about them getting hurt. And I worry about Grace in gymnastics with her implants. She would either not be able to hear the coach, or we risk the processors getting ruined or lost"

"How do you keep them from getting lost now?"

"We have these little tether things that clip onto her shirt collar" Rory told her "but we only use them when she goes to school, and that wouldn't really work for gymnastics"

——

A couple of weeks later, Emily asked Rory and Logan to attend an event that Richards's company was having. Lorelai and Luke would be there so for the first time ever, Rory and Logan needed to find a babysitter. They got the number for a babysitter from one of Nicky's friends parents.

The evening of the event rolled around and Rory and Logan were in their room getting ready. Logan walked into the bathroom where Rory was finishing her makeup and held up 2 ties "which one?"

"The blue one" Rory said "what time is it?"

"5:12"

"Babysitter should be here soon and then we have to leave"

"Hey" Logan moved behind Rory and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder "you look beautiful" He kissed her cheek

"Thank you" Rory smiled

A couple of minutes later they were ready, Logan went downstairs and Rory went into the playroom where Nicky and Grace were.

"Hey" Rory said to get Nicky's attention and flickered the lights to get Grace's attention since she wasn't wearing her processors "The babysitter will be here soon, ok?"

Nicky nodded

"Why are you leaving?" Grace signed

"We have to go somewhere with grandma and grandpa but we'll be home soon" Rory signed "charlotte doesn't sign, can I put your ears on so you can hear her?"

"I wanna do it myself"

"Ok, so go put them on"

Grace got up and went downstairs to get her processors.

"What about you, bub?" Rory asked "are you ok?"

"When are you coming home?" Nicky asked

"Late. You'll be asleep already" Rory told him "but we'll be here when you wake up in the morning"

Just then the doorbell rang.

Logan got up and answered the door "hi, it's Charlotte, right?"

"Yes" Charlotte nodded

"Ok, so over there is Sammy" Logan pointed to where Sammy was on a play mat in the living room "he's a year old" 

"Ok"

"He might give you a little trouble going to sleep, there are pacifiers in the top left drawer of his dresser, you can give him one if you need"

"Ok"

"Nicky is pretty easy, he's 6. He'll read something before he goes to bed, and he'll probably put himself to bed"

"Ok"

"Grace is 3. She's deaf"

"Right, you told me"

"She has the cochlear implants so she'll be able to hear you, but she doesn't like to talk so don't be surprised if she's really quiet. The processors need to come off when she goes to sleep though. You can just put them on her dresser"

"Ok"

"They all go to sleep at 7:30, and we'll probably be back a little after midnight"

"No problem"

——

Rory was sitting at a table with Emily and Lorelai. Richard had dragged Logan and Luke over to the bar.

"Are you pregnant?" Lorelai asked. Logan had driven there but Rory told Logan that she would drive home so that he could drink if he wanted but that meant that Rory wasn't drinking.

"What?" Rory asked "why would you think I'm pregnant?"

"You aren't drinking"

"I'm driving"

"So you're not pregnant?" Lorelai asked, sounding disappointed

"That ship has sailed"

"Why? Because of what happened with Sammy?"

"The plan was always 3 kids" Rory said "even in college when we would talk about how many hypothetical kids we'd have it was 3" she told them "and even if it wasn't the plan, I think the giant surgical scar and my 8 pound one year old is a good indication that we're done"

"I think 3 is a good number" Emily said

"Thank you"

A few moments later Logan caught Rory's eye and waved her over. Rory got up and walked over to where Logan was standing in a less crowded corner of the room.

Lorelai watched as Logan pulled gently on Rory's arm, bringing her close to him and whispered something in her ear, causing her to laugh.

"What are you smiling about?" Emily said

"Rory and Logan"

"What about them?"

"I'm just...admiring their relationship. They've been through a lot and it would've ruined a lot of couples, but not them. They're still just as in love as they were 10 years ago"

Later that night Rory was talking to someone named Margaret over by the bar.

"Are you married?" Margaret asked. Rory didn't know why but she found that almost every older woman she spoke to would ask if she was married and about her kids.

"I am" Rory nodded

"And do you have children?"

"I do" Rory said

"Oh, that's wonderful"

"Of all the parties in the world" someone said from behind Rory. She turned around to see Dean standing there

"Excuse me" Rory said to Margaret

"Of course" Margaret said and walked away

"Long time no see" Dean said

"Hi Dean" Rory exhaled

"What are you doing here?" Dean asked

"My grandfather works for the company and my grandmother asked me to come so..." Rory said "what are you doing here?"

"I work at the company" Dean told her

"Oh, I didn't know that"

"Yeah...so how about you? Did all of your journalistic aspirations come true?"

"Not exactly, but it was for the better"

"So what do you do?"

"You know the Huntzberger publishing group?" Rory asked "The media company?"

Dean nodded

"I run it" Rory said "well actually, I guess I kind of own it" she corrected herself

"Impressive" Dean said

"Not really" Rory chuckled "so how have you been? Other than work of course"

"I've been good. Busy"

"You work a lot?"

"More than I would like"

Logan walked over to them and put his hand on Rory's back "sorry to interrupt"

"No worries" Dean said

"Ace, Charlotte called" Logan said "Grace's processors broke"

"Both of them?" Rory asked.

"She said she's not sure, but she thinks so"

"Crap"

"I called Dr. Addams' office. She said the earliest that she'll be able to get us new ones is 2 weeks"

"Ok" Rory sighed "we can deal with not having them for a couple of weeks"

Logan nodded

"Um, sorry, we're being rude" Rory said "Logan, this is Dean. Dean, this Logan"

"Nice to meet you" Logan said and held his hand out

"Yeah, you too" Dean said and shook Logan's hand 

——

"We're back" Rory said quietly when she and Logan walked into the house.

"I'm so sorry about the...thingies" Charlotte said "sorry, I can't remember what they're called"

"Don't worry about it" Logan said

"But they must be so expensive to replace"

"It's not a big deal, really"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah"

"I'm gonna go check on the kids" Rory said "thanks again, Charlotte"

"Have a good night" Charlotte said

Rory went upstairs and checked on each of the kids. By the time she made it to her room, Logan had payed Charlotte, locked the doors, turned off all the lights downstairs, and made his way upstairs.

"Have I told you tonight that you look beautiful?"

"A few times" Rory chuckled

"Well, you do"

"Thank you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 1.3K 19
Logan told Rory goodbye at her graduation, and he meant it. Didn't he? She wouldn't compromise for him so he couldn't for her in the end. He move...
107K 3.3K 64
Rory graduated Yale and went on the campaign trail following Barrack Obama. But then her life didn't proceed the way she had dreamed and planned. H...
13.7K 363 28
3 years after the end of season 7, Rory is living in New York City, working as a writer for the New York Times. What will happen when she runs into...
400K 6.1K 72
A story that starts immediately after those fateful four words. How will things pan out for Rory and Logan? Will he be involved in his child's life...